• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Pulse Explore wireless earbuds launch in select markets starting in December

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

Pulse Explore wireless earbuds and new Pulse Elite wireless headset revealed; features lossless, low latency audio using new PlayStation Link technology.
unnamed-file-761.jpg

Hideaki NishinoSenior Vice President, Platform Experience, SIE
Update: Pulse Explore wireless earbuds, Pulse Elite wireless headset, and additional PlayStation Link USB adapters will be available to pre-order starting Thursday, November 9 at 10am local time. Pre-orders will be available in U.S., U.K., France, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, and Portugal through direct.playstation.com and select retailers. Preorders will also be available through select retailers in other global markets starting on the same day.
Play Video
PlayStation’s first Remote Play dedicated device, PlayStation Portal remote player, to launch starting Nov 15 at $199.99

The Pulse Explore wireless earbuds will launch in select markets starting December 6, 2023, including the U.S., U.K., France, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Japan, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand. Pulse Explore wireless earbuds will continue to roll out globally in the following months.
The Pulse Elite wireless headset will launch in most global markets starting February 21, 2024, and throughout the following months. 
A PlayStation Link USB Adapter is included with Pulse Elite and Pulse Explore and will also be available as a standalone purchase for the recommended retail price of 24.99 USD | 24.99 EURO | 19.99 GBP | 3,480 YEN. Standalone adapters will launch starting December 6, 2023, in the U.S., U.K., France, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Japan, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. PlayStation Link USB Adapter will continue to roll out globally in the following months.
debc47b1a045d341b8ba0a6cbc4a4d3d6f6c494e.jpg
ff2281a7c487eeead746a3391f6d2d075f3a5756.jpg
5fa2abbd9c6a29d38187121bfaa63e2df6ae9a4c.jpg
4e138642976599892a4a6dd3096eb54325c3e2fa.jpg
a84a5ed08c6ffc2c514c65cb8466b3b60be6a485.jpg
97bc5a046a5f1d9580d25999537d3c66bd8b6ca5.jpg
b24a7de785d13e27c1aa913773ac547b5a3179e5.jpg
35566b479d83c92b684d7dfedc47d315fd35ad78.jpg
40b07e3f3c4926cce609a31519aa0a8e4f4bf615.jpg
7260f64d2595348da94b7f9e0c2e4663c0a72013.jpg

Update: PlayStation Portal remote player will launch in select markets on November 15, 2023 and is now available for pre-order at direct.playstation.com in the U.S., U.K., France, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Italy, Spain, and Portugal. Starting on September 29, 2023, PlayStation Portal remote player can also be pre-ordered from other select retailers in these countries, as well as Canada and Japan. Additional regional availability will be announced at a later date.
Play Video
PlayStation’s first Remote Play dedicated device, PlayStation Portal remote player, to launch starting Nov 15 at $199.99

Since launching PS5, we’ve been amazed to see how players around the world have embraced the generational leaps we made in the gaming experience, such as the heightened feeling of immersion delivered by the haptic feedback and adaptive triggers in the DualSense wireless controller. Our PlayStation community continues to give us a reason to challenge ourselves to bring new innovations to the market for all players to enjoy. That’s why today, we are especially pleased to share new updates about our upcoming hardware products.
In May, we gave a quick peek at our dedicated PS5 remote play device – now called PlayStation Portal remote player, and our first wireless earbuds, called Pulse Explore. Today we’re pleased to share more details about these products and reveal a new PlayStation over-the-ear wireless headset, Pulse Elite. Both Pulse Elite and Pulse Explore deliver low latency lossless audio from PS5 and PlayStation Portal using our new PlayStation Link wireless technology.
Here are the details.
e5b292c72d1430da822adafb88fdfedead9e0931-scaled.jpg
View and download image

PlayStation Portal remote player​

PlayStation Portal remote player brings the PS5 experience to the palm of your hand. It includes the key features of the DualSense wireless controller, including adaptive triggers and haptic feedback*. The vibrant 8-inch LCD screen is capable of 1080p resolution at 60fps, providing a high definition visual experience that’s expected from the high quality games created by world-class developers.
PlayStation Portal is the perfect device for gamers in households where they might need to share their living room TV or simply want to play PS5 games in another room of the house. PlayStation Portal will connect remotely to your PS5 over Wi-Fi**, so you’ll be able to swiftly jump from playing on your PS5 to your PlayStation Portal. PlayStation Portal can play supported games that are installed on your PS5 console and use the Dualsense controller. It also includes a 3.5mm audio jack for wired audio. PS VR2 games, which require the headset, and games that are streamed through PlayStation Plus Premium’s cloud streaming, are not supported.***
abd09fe9ea04916658f038e19df8101ff687e287-scaled.jpg
View and download image
PlayStation Portal remote player will launch later this year for 199.99 USD | 219.99 EURO | 199.99 GBP | 29,980 YEN. We’ll have more details soon on when pre-orders begin for PlayStation Portal.
Play Video

Pulse Elite wireless headset & Pulse Explore wireless earbuds​

Pulse Elite and Pulse Explore are the latest PlayStation wireless headset and earbuds, bringing next level audio performance to the gaming experience.
  • Pulse Elite is our new wireless headset that offers lossless audio and includes a retractable boom mic with AI-enhanced noise rejection capable of filtering background sounds. A charging hanger is also included with the product for a convenient charging and storage option.
  • Pulse Explore is our first set of wireless earbuds, providing a premium portable audio experience that includes dual microphones with AI-enhanced noise rejection capable of filtering background sounds. It also offers lossless audio and comes with a charging case.
424463b68a9e54c935d8c68605a134032f22ad69-scaled.jpg
View and download image
Pulse Elite and Pulse Explore will be the first PlayStation audio devices to use custom-designed planar magnetic drivers for an audiophile-level listening experience normally found in premium headphones for professional sound engineers. With Pulse Explore, we’re pleased to be one of the first companies to provide wireless earbuds to the mass consumer market using planar magnetic driver technology.
1a8c11dc8eb22b6d7c7d2784290b5b9c2b4f4d78-scaled.jpg
View and download image
Pulse Elite and Pulse Explore are part of our ongoing efforts to amplify the audio experience in gaming and make the gameplay experience more immersive through enhanced sound. Pulse Elite will be available for 149.99 USD | 149.99 EURO | 129.99 GBP | 18,980 YEN and Pulse Explore will be available for 199.99 USD | 219.99 EURO | 199.99 GBP | 29,980 YEN. We’ll have more details to share soon, including when pre-orders begin and launch dates.
66432d561feff841dab2c528b1519ac76bb53e5c-scaled.jpg
View and download image

PlayStation Link, PlayStation’s new wireless audio technology​

Pulse Elite and Pulse Explore connect directly with PlayStation Portal by leveraging this new wireless audio technology, PlayStation Link. This innovation delivers low latency, lossless audio and easy switching between multiple PlayStation Link hosts such as PS5 with the USB adapter and PlayStation Portal.
When using Pulse Elite and Pulse Explore with PS5, the USB adapter that’s included with each headset and earbuds is required for PlayStation Link. The PlayStation Link USB adapter will also be sold separately as a standalone item, and can be used on PC and Mac, so players can connect Pulse Elite or Pulse Explore to experience the same lossless and low latency audio.
Pulse Elite and Pulse Explore can simultaneously connect to a PlayStation Link supported device (PS5, PC, Mac, or PlayStation Portal) and a Bluetooth supported device. For example, Pulse Explore can be connected to PS5 (via the USB adapter) using PlayStation Link and also to a mobile phone through Bluetooth at the same time. While playing on PS5, gamers can instantly answer a call and hear it through the same Pulse Explore earbuds.
fd8ff6133d32b19bc1f1b28322fa986cd7808a27-scaled.jpg
View and download image
We can’t wait to launch our new line of products for PS5, so players can play longer and experience its heightened immersiveness. We want to thank all our fans for being part of the PlayStation family and for embracing PS5, and we look forward to continuing to come up with new ways to enhance the player experience.

Last edited:

saintjules

$200 bucks for these…they better be amazing

Wonder if the new Pulse headsets are going to provide better sound quality
220 fucking beans for earbuds.

See below. And I would get them just so that playing in VR will be easier instead of headphones.

No one mentioning these are both planar magnetic headsets?

Closest rival is the Audeze Maxwell or Penrose which cost £350

And what’s more the buds are too that’s a first in earbuds both of theses are HUGE upgrades.

The price is incredible too.

Day 1

Last edited:
See below. And I would get them just so that playing in VR will be easier instead of headphones.

Yeah that’s what I’m waiting on impressions for

Is the planar magnetic stuff just a gimmick or actually game changing?

Already have a Pulse 3D headset that’s showing it’s age in terms of wear and tear but still sounds great

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Earbuds costing the same as PS Portal lol...

I'm gonna wait on PS Portal reviews, but if I binge it...Yeah, I'm going wired for sure.

Last edited:

GymWolf

I think i'm gonna bite for the elite pulse series, my old elites are disintegrating like my previous golds did, sony products are the opposite of sturdy.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Im no audiophile.

But I find it amazing when I see people spending a shit load of money on ear buds or Dolby Atmos Excelsior V53.65 Intergalactic Edition Audio Extreme
Personally I am a very large framed man at 6'8" with a massive melon and most headphones wont fit and those that do are not very comfy after awhile so a large majority of my gaming is done with earbuds and I still like higher quality sound even with the limitations of buds

Pedro Motta

Yeah that’s what I’m waiting on impressions for

Is the planar magnetic stuff just a gimmick or actually game changing?

Already have a Pulse 3D headset that’s showing it’s age in terms of wear and tear but still sounds great
If you don't have the hearing of an 80 year old, it's game changing, I own a pair of Hifiman Sundaras and planar magnetic it's just amazing, in imaging and sound stage, very important for gaming as it gives you a more pronounced spacial awareness.

emivita

I'm interested in those earbuds, but I'll be keeping my cabled Kiwi Ears Quartet for the time being, which are great.

Maybe next year and after some reviews, and on sale.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I hate this. Elite launching in fucking february?!
Why are we teasing headsets months before release? just release the damn thing.

And what about Poland? I want to buy this here. I am tired of being a 2ndary market

phant0m

Im no audiophile.

But I find it amazing when I see people spending a shit load of money on ear buds or Dolby Atmos Excelsior V53.65 Intergalactic Edition Audio Extreme
$200 earbuds

> "shit load of money"

lol. clearly no audiophile. that's like the bare minimum in the audiophile world. Most headphones from Audeze (the company Sony bought that is making the planar magnetic drivers for these) are $1000 or more.

Last edited:
If you don't have the hearing of an 80 year old, it's game changing, I own a pair of Hifiman Sundaras and planar magnetic it's just amazing, in imaging and sound stage, very important for gaming as it gives you a more pronounced spacial awareness.

Is there going to be a difference for earbuds or headset?

I don’t care too much about form factor, but earbuds would be nice if there’s no degradation in quality

I'm interested in the mixed bluetooth functionality. I think it would be cool to be able to stream in a podcast or audiobook from my phone while I'm grinding in some games.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

Personally I am a very large framed man at 6'8" with a massive melon and most headphones wont fit and those that do are not very comfy after awhile so a large majority of my gaming is done with earbuds and I still like higher quality sound even with the limitations of buds

I'm not even that big of a person and the clamping pressure on most of the headsets makes them uncomfortable to use for long periods of time. I'm on earbuds 90% of the time, and use the headset mainly when I want to take advantage of 3D audio. Here is to hoping MS copies this idea, or one of the brands they let do the wireless headset, I think there will be a market for these.

jm89

Expensive as fuck but interested, gonna wait for some reviews and see if I can be convinced to get these.

Currently wired earbuds plugged into the dualsense works for me well as a kind of wireless option as your not tethered to your console.

S0ULZB0URNE

Unless I missing something I see nothing about when the Pulse Elite(that you feature here) are releasing?

I didn't want to wait for them and there $150 version of planar magnetic drivers and barely got(sold out in most places) the Audeze Maxwell instead.

I'm interested in the mixed bluetooth functionality. I think it would be cool to be able to stream in a podcast or audiobook from my phone while I'm grinding in some games.
I already do this with the Arctis Nova Pro Wireless. Suuuper dope function. I can take a call and game thru the headset as well

Last edited:

MoreJRPG

Suffers from extreme PDS
Wait, their wireless Earbuds connect via dongle on USB-c port?

If that's the case my Arctis 7P+ might work on PS Portal.
The only headsets that are confirmed to work on the Portal are the Pulse headset and Earbuds. The Portal uses a proprietary wireless signal called "PlayStation Link" to connect and no third party manufacturers have access to that tech yet but will in the future.

Last edited:

MacReady13

What’s with this select markets bullshit from Sony lately? Australia is just a forgotten market all of a sudden? We aren’t big enough to throw our way a few thousand items to sell? Cheap pricks.

Top Bottom