• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 3 US release date and bad news for fans

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
http://www.siliconera.com/index.php/2006/12/15/persona-3-coming-to-the-usa-in-june-2007/

Atlus cleared up some details on the release of Persona 3 today. We’ve seen teaser ads on Atlus’ official site with a June 2007 release date and now Atlus sent an announcement that the release date is official. However, the North American release isn’t going to be the extended Persona 3, Persona 3 Fes, that Japan is getting in April. It’s a little disappointing since we got Shin Megami Tensei III: Maniax as Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne. However, Persona 3 Fes is also being sold as an append disc. Perhaps Atlus is going to sell the extra content at a later date. While it might seem like Persona 3 is coming out late, the Japanese PS3 backwards compatibility list states the PS2 game has no problems on playing on a PS3. So even if you sell your PS2 you should still be able to play P3.

edit: ^^;

WHAT
WHAT
WHAT
WHAT
WHAT
WHAT
WHAT
WHAT

what.gif

Error

I know some Atlus people read this forum plz plz reconsider and include P3 Fes plz I beg you.

Mau ®

Umm. June 07? I was hoping Q1 release, if its that late it should be the special edition.

Atlus does listen to fans so maybe there's hope?

Error

Atlus the next Namco Hometek confirmed.

it started with a simple Mahjongg game :(:(:(:(

LegatoB

Oh, **** you, Atlus.

I mean, I love you guys, but damn it, don't do this to me, baby. I've been waiting for this game for months. I thought that the delayed release would at least mean we'd be getting the bonus stuff. But if that's not the case, what the hell is wrong with you guys? What's the delay for? Most of the other big-name RPGs that have had delayed American releases have had some sort of extra content or enhanced features added to them, so if you're not going to include the expansion pack stuff, what's the deal?

MrDaravon

What the ****.

Either stick with the February date, or if you're going to push it back 4 months, give us the director's cut stuff.

I intendo to pick this one up and this news doesn't please me. I'd prefer to have it delayed than to not have the extra content/have it released later and sold separated.

Error

Im so disappointed Im going to cry. duckroll was right it starts with small things :(

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
DAMMIT! Stop translating the DS games and that long ass PSP game and ****ing give us P3FES by June!!!! I said this would happen as well. :(

SailorDaravon said:
What the ****.

Either stick with the February date, or if you're going to push it back 4 months, give us the director's cut stuff.
Nuff said

Whats next?....NIS not bringing Grim Grimoire?...XSEED not bringing Wild Arms Vth?...Namco Hometek bringing Tales of Destiny with dual language and complete english va?...

Please everyone, return to normal!

Abel

You shouldn't jump off the deep end until you see some confirmation. Lots of other sites are spreading the news of the 2007 June date which people could have found out ages ago if they looked at the ATLUS USA front page :lol

But where are they getting their info about the Fes ver not being included? For all you know it could be an assumption on their part. I'd wait till ATLUS says something themselves.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Do we even know if the content is going to be worth it?
Oh well, gives me reason to snag the import version of P3 then.
As long as nothing is CUT out of P3, I see very little foul here.

Error

why do we have to wait over a year just for the normal edition? I just dont get it.

Ravidrath

I'm disappointed to see this, as well, but do we even know if, like, the extra content can even fit on the disc?

There could be, like, actually legitimate reasons this is happening, you know, not just "hating their fans" or whatever the overreaction of the week is.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Error2k4 said:
why do we have to wait over a year just for the normal edition? I just dont get it.
Things happen?
Just, put P3 out of your mind, lest you ruin it for yourself. :p

Error2k4 said:
Atlus the next Namco Hometek confirmed.

it started with a simple Mahjongg game :(:(:(:(

Well, I'm going to go kill myself now. See you guys later.

...much later.

This is a sign from the heavens. All SMT fans should just learn Japanese!

Ah, jeez, not this crap again. All this hyperbole and gnashing of teeth over minor removals. Atlus ain't made of money, and for the record, YES, I would like the super-duper version.

Gaf =
c319f15e1e9a78f4b4dc098a6c6aa1.gif
indeed.

Error

30 hours of additional content is hardly 'minor' removal (aside from all the stuff that's been added). besides a year for the normal edition is inexcusable.

RevenantKioku

Error2k4 said:
30 hours of additional content is hardly 'minor' removal (aside from all the stuff that's been added). besides a year for the normal edition is inexcusable.
It's not even really "added" so much as it is a freaking expansion pack!

You're acting like Atlus is saying "We will never release Fes in the US. And Error is lame."

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
This isn't happy news. I don't mind the late release date, but not getting the extra content is a blow, especially considering that we did surprisingly get it for SMT3 and Star Ocean 3 (which I know, wasn't an Atlus release).

Lain

If some of you did read the Atlus boards once in a while, you'd know already that they considered it, but weren't sure and more leaning toward not including FES with P3.
Plus the price for P3, if it included FES, would have to be higher too, because it sure isn't a free bonus.

Error

Lain said:
If some of you did read the Atlus boards once in a while, you'd know already that they considered it, but weren't sure and more leaning toward not including FES with P3.
Plus the price for P3, if it included FES, would have to be higher too, because it sure isn't a free bonus.
Im willing to pay 70 bucks for it I dont care just gimme the Fes edition in english.

Reilly

Lain said:

By June 2007, it's going to be hard to get people to buy any PS2 for $50.

Lain

Error2k4 said:
Im willing to pay 70 bucks for it I dont care just gimme the Fes edition in english.

Hey, i'm willing to pay more for P3+FES too, but how many really would to convince Atlus?
I hope that even if it isn't brought together with P3, FES still gets released a bit later at a small price, just as i'll keep hoping for P3+FES in June until one of the Atlus dudes confirm FES is a no go on their board, afterall their last stance on this was:

I would err on the side of caution and say that we are looking into it, because naturally we like money. Whether we would actually make money on it is a different matter entirely.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
So... what am I missing out on here? What additions are being made to the fez that I can only masturbate to with my eyes closed?

Error

Brobzoid said:
So... what am I missing out on here? What additions are being made to the fez that I can only masturbate to with my eyes closed?
Persona 3 Fes - PS2 - April 19 2007

Normal Edition + Append Edition
Price Undetermined
(Append Edition requires Persona 3 disc)

- 30+ hours of additional content
- Bulk of the content is the "Aegis Chapter"
- Hard Mode added
- Weapon synthesize system added
- Costume changes added
- 23 new Personas added
- Nagashima Shrine will have some "interesting" elements added
- New activities will be added to the school

More Persona 3 Fes news:

- Characters which you have gained MAX in the Community with have additional events in this expansion
- It seems both Aegis and Elizabeth are now datable characters
- Some of the 23 new Personas are revealed: Lucifer, Kubanda, Mothman, Kahaku
- The weapon synthesis system is based on the Devil Summoner system
- The costume changes are outfits for the female characters
- There are many new anime FMVs for important scenes in the expansion

thanks to duckroll

Avalon

A year later and we don't even get the definitive version? Such a shame.

I still love Atlus USA, but this really makes me sad. Since the expansion is a separate disc, maybe they will release it at a later time...

EDIT: Start sending those emails guys!

Error

so uh... is siliconera making this shit up?

the same news from RPGfan.com

12.15.06 - 7:02 PM

Atlus USA has announced that their upcoming PS2 RPG Persona 3 will be launching in June of 2007. As of press time, we are unsure if the American version of Persona 3 will be based on the standard edition of the game or the director's cut that was recently announced for Japanese release.

some official confirmation would be nice Atlus, stop with the cocktease.

Avalon

Error2k4 said:
so uh... is siliconera making this shit up?

the same news from RPGfan.com

some official confirmation would be nice Atlus, stop with the cocktease.

Siliconera does some good previews/reviews, but I don't typically check them out for news though.

Brobzoid

Avalon said:
A year later and we don't even get the definitive version? Such a shame.

I still love Atlus USA, but this really makes me sad. Since the expansion is a separate disc, maybe they will release it at a later time...

launch ps4? no, I don't think so. I doubt there is much of a market for ps2 games after august. But I'll be very happy if you are right and they do. Although it sucks to have to change disc, especially for shit like this that's integrated into the rest of the game :\

But on the content that we're missing out on; god damn that sounds good. I'd love to have that extra content there. Especially stuff like weapon synthesis and the additional persona. When duckroll says "Aegis Chapter" or "Nagashima Shrine", that doesn't really tell me anything(most likely since I haven't played the game), so I can't get all sweaty over missing out on it. Although I'd prefer to have it...

Don't be a dick Atlus.
There is a very stable fan-base when it comes to SMT games, most of us know what's up in the SMT world, and most of us are definitely gonna know there is a directors cut that we didn't get. I doubt you're gonna win votes by selling the basic game for $50, instead of selling the superior version for $65/70.

Lain

Avalon said:
EDIT: Start sending those emails guys!

That's a great idea.
At least we could show them that we want fes and would pay a bit more to have P3+Fes together (the one that would want to pay a bit more for it, that is), so maybe they'd end deciding to bring it over.
I'm still not sold on them having ruled it out completely, cos i'd think one of them Atlus dudes would have wrote about it on the thread asking about P3+fes on their boards, if the announcement was official.

Brobzoid

Lain said:
That's a great idea.

I'm still not sold on them having ruled it out completely, cos i'd think one of them Atlus dudes would have wrote about it on the thread asking about P3+fes on their boards, if the announcement was official.

So, you'd rather wait till the decision is set in stone by the atlus heads? Better to show our wants now, so it'll be easier to apply. EEEEEEEEEE-MAAAAAIL!

Avalon

Everyone who is interested in the expansion send an email to service@atlus.com.

They seem more receptive then most (if not all) publishers and I'm sure if they get enough feedback it will make their decision much easier to make.

Tiktaalik

Arg this is so lame. Someone just forward the link to this thread to that email address. People are sad Atlus. Don't cancel Christmas!

Top Bottom