• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese hotel line really hates Jews and Chinese people and wants people to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toshio Motoya is CEO of APA Group, which calls itself Japan's largest hotel chain, and has drawn China criticism for writing a book denying the 1937 Nanjing massacre happened and placing copies in hundreds of APA hotel rooms.

The group also runs 40 hotels in North America and its February edition of an in-house magazine for guests staying at its Canada properties contained the anti-Semitic remarks.

”Jewish people control American information, finance, and laws, and they benefit greatly from globalization because they move their massive profits to tax havens so they don't have to pay any taxes," Motoya said in the magazine, according to Canadian online news website National Observer and the Japan Times newspaper.

In response to a complaint by the Jewish Federation of Greater Vancouver, Motoya denied being anti-Jewish.

”It is very unfortunate that my writings gave you an erroneous impression that I hold anti-Semitic beliefs," he said in a statement posted on the federation's website.

The APA Group, however, denied the statement was meant to say sorry.

It ”is not an apology," the hotel said Wednesday in a written reply to questions submitted by AFP. ”It was issued to resolve the misunderstanding because (Motoya) was being stigmatized as an anti-Semite."

Holy shit, these guys don't even hide it. The 10% of people in Japan that still long for the days of The Empire are sad as fuck and hopefully will get punched in the face a good bit in their lives.

Don't go to this hotel, please, guys.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/japan-...emarks/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Toxi

Banned
“Jewish people control American information, finance, and laws, and they benefit greatly from globalization because they move their massive profits to tax havens so they don’t have to pay any taxes,” Motoya said in the magazine, according to Canadian online news website National Observer and the Japan Times newspaper.

In response to a complaint by the Jewish Federation of Greater Vancouver, Motoya denied being anti-Jewish.

“It is very unfortunate that my writings gave you an erroneous impression that I hold anti-Semitic beliefs,”
he said in a statement posted on the federation’s website.
Man, I wonder what gave people that impression?

Dio

Banned
Toshio Motoya is CEO of APA Group, which calls itself Japan's largest hotel chain, and has drawn China criticism for writing a book denying the 1937 Nanjing massacre happened and placing copies in hundreds of APA hotel rooms.

Sadly, Rape of Nanking, Unit 731 and general Japanese war crime denial is more prevalent than people who don't live there would think. From what I know, that kind of stuff is rarely, if ever, covered properly in Japanese schools.

tuxfool

Banned
Sadly, Rape of Nanking, Unit 731 and general Japanese war crime denial is more prevalent than people who don't live there would think. From what I know, that kind of stuff is rarely, if ever, covered in Japanese schools.

AFAIK textbooks have been selectively whitewashing a whole set of Japanese war atrocities.

Sadly, Rape of Nanking, Unit 731 and general Japanese war crime denial is more prevalent than people who don't live there would think. From what I know, that kind of stuff is rarely, if ever, covered in Japanese schools.
You think American and Russian schools own up to their war crimes from that war?

Pretty much only Germans do, and probably even there there is some level of hiding the truth

Glix

The widely held belief that a group of people that has been persecuted for hundreds, even thousands of years is actually in control of everything will never stop being amazing to me.

Dio

Banned
You think American and Russian schools own up to their war crimes from that war?

Pretty much only Germans do, and probably even there there is some level of hiding the truth

I see where you're coming from, but American war crimes in Vietnam were something I remember being covered in my high school. Probably in the minority, though, and of course it's an anecdote.

EDIT: And of course, Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I'm pretty sure most American schools cover it.

Matt

Japan has a particularly bad record of whitewashing its history with regard to this era.

I spent a lot of time in public school going over the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, as well as the ethical questions surrounding it.

Edit: Also the Tokyo Firebombings but they didn't go into the horrific after effects.

Giving a textbook description of Antisemitism and then having your response to the criticism be "I'm sorry you were stupid enough to think I'm anti-Semitic and to get offended" is in some parts epic in its shamelessness.

And it really makes you want that person's hotel to go out of business and for them to have to work in fast food.

The widely held belief that a group of people that has been persecuted for hundreds, even thousands of years is actually in control of everything will never stop being amazing to me.

how do the jews control the world in secret and infiltrate every facet of society while simultaneously being subhuman?

wouldn't it mean they're the master race for being able to manipulate and control such a large amount of people?

i wonder if anyone ever brought this startling revelation to hitler

I spent a lot of time in public school going over the bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, as well as the ethical questions surrounding it.

Edit: Also the Tokyo Firebombings but they didn't go into the horrific after effects.

Yep. Hell, I had a class that went over a bunch of other shitty things we did as a nation like supporting dictators and overthrowing legitimate regimes in Latin America during the cold war among other issues

Jesus Carbomb

From Water into Guinness
jYYD2iW.gif

how do the jews control the world in secret and infiltrate every facet of society while simultaneously being subhuman?

wouldn't it mean they're the master race for being able to manipulate and control such a large amount of people?

i wonder if anyone ever brought this startling revelation to hitler

Especially amazing given how few the Jews are compared to other groups

LQX

See, this is always the fucking answer to dismiss any talk about what the Japanese did. Bu, bu, atomi...bu America. No, we learn about the atomic bombs and what happened in Vietnam. I can't even recall ever reading anything positive on Vietnam. It was always terrible shit.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative

UK and US citizen here and Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Dresden, Vietnam and even non "aggressive" mistakes like the Somme and Dunkirk are covered deeply and call out the ethical issues non stop.

Dunno about Russia. There is a TON of negative self reflection inherent in those syllabuses.

Mesoian

It's APA group, it's almost hard not to go to their hotels. There's like thousands of them in Japan.

AirBnB on the rise.

No but seriously, it's actually tough. When I went to Japan last year, all of the hotels, including the one I stayed in, were under the APA group. It's really really difficult to avoid, unless you do AirBnB which has a whole other host of problems (But worked like gangbusters for me during my stay).

UK and US citizen here and Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Dresden and even non "aggressive" mistakes like the Somme and Dunkirk are covered deeply and call out the ethical issues non stop.

Dunno about Russia.

US here, and while that's true, we don't cover the Chinese and Japanese internment camps that took place in the US. I only got inklings of that in school and didn't learn more about it until I was a junior in college. Beyond dealing with the Native Americans, American educational systems aren't real keen on painting our history in a negative light, especially when it comes to the occurrences of the last 100 years, like civil rights, war crimes, invasions and national segregation.

US here, and while that's true, we don't cover the Chinese and Japanese internment camps that took place in the US. I only got inklings of that in school and didn't learn more about it until I was a junior in college. Beyond dealing with the Native Americans, American educational systems aren't real keen on painting our history in a negative light, especially when it comes to the occurrences of the last 100 years, like civil rights, war crimes, invasions and national segregation.

My School did. Hell, I think we might have even read an entire book about it for one class

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
I see where you're coming from, but American war crimes in Vietnam were something I remember being covered in my high school. Probably in the minority, though, and of course it's an anecdote.

EDIT: And of course, Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I'm pretty sure most American schools cover it.

My school in U.K. Covered Hiroshima and Nagasaki as less of a war crime and more of a necessary act to end the war. Disgusting that Japan still denies there war crimes even occurred, yet alone denounce them

Nanashrew

Banned
“Jewish people control American information, finance, and laws, and they benefit greatly from globalization because they move their massive profits to tax havens so they don’t have to pay any taxes,” Motoya said in the magazine, according to Canadian online news website National Observer and the Japan Times newspaper.

“It is very unfortunate that my writings gave you an erroneous impression that I hold anti-Semitic beliefs,” he said in a statement posted on the federation’s website.

If it walks and talks like a duck you're an anti-semite.

Glix

It's complicated. I'm 37. We learned that we dropped the bombs, and their awful effects. But we were also told that "it was the only way to end the war"

So we are, or were, sugar coating stuff. And this was New York.

I do worry about what kind of history is taught in the kind of districts that include Creationism.

It's complicated. I'm 37. We learned that we dropped the bombs, and their awful effects. But we were also told that "it was the only way to end the war"

I do worry about what kind of history is taught in the kind of districts that include Creationism.

I mean we weren't told it was the only way to end the war. More just that the alternative being planned was an invasion of Japan that might've cost even more lives. So at best it was a lesser of two evils thing

Mesoian

My School did. Hell, I think we might have even read an entire book about it for one class

It's tough because it's not everywhere and it's not every school. When I was in a public grade school, we learned about Rosa Parks and MLK, but we didn't touch upon Malcom X, Tuskegee, The Million Man march...

Then I went to a private catholic school and we learned about way more about that stuff, but there were still a lot of holes that we only knew about because the teacher thought they were necessary, but there was nothing in our text books about them.

It's not as hard as some people think to sweep away the ugly parts of your history.

Yeah.

I won't lie, that DeVos thread that got closed earlier made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. It's not like I'm planning on having kids, but I feel like any new parents are going to have to think real hard about how they're going to involve as much of the truth in their kids lives as possible, because the school system isn't really reliable to do that sort of thing.

It's tough because it's not everywhere and it's not every school. When I was in a public grade school, we learned about Rosa Parks and MLK, but we didn't touch upon Malcom X, Tuskegee, The Million Man march...

Then I went to a private catholic school and we learned about way more about that stuff, but there were still a lot of holes that we only knew about because the teacher thought they were necessary, but there was nothing in our text books about them.

It's not as hard as some people think to sweep away the ugly parts of your history.
Yeah, that's definitely true. Even with just public schools, the state by state differences in curriculum as well as the individual beliefs and priorities of the teachers will mean that two people in the US might learn very different things about history

Dio

Banned
Yeah, that's definitely true. Even with just public schools, the state by state differences in curriculum as well as the individual beliefs and priorities of the teachers will mean that two people in the US might learn very different things about history
Interestingly, I noticed someone in this thread say they never covered Japanese internment camps, but I remember being assigned a personal memoir of someone experiencing it in person as a victim, and we did cover it.

Then again, this was in California and this sort of thing is still raw for some people on the West Coast, so like you said, regional differences.

Educational standards are so fractured in America that you can't compare it to a country with a centralized ministry that determines standards nationwide for a much smaller population. Some of you may have gone to schools where America's bullshit was not only spoken about but also actually presented as anything more than just "America fuck yeah" but it varies greatly by region and budget. Not really the point in this case anyway.

I wonder if we are going to get the same defense force of antisemitism in this thread that the Pewdiepie thread on Gaming side got?

Nah, this guy doesn't make them laugh or have a hot as shit Italian girlfriend

Slayven

The bible has got to be the biggest hit piece ever.

Cause "The Jewish Boogeyman" all boils down to they killed jesus

Yep, within another couple generations it'll basically be common conception that Japan did nothing wrong during the war. It's real real gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom