• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danny Rand won't be suiting up in Netflix's Iron Fist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

There's been a lot of speculation about Danny Rand and if he'll be donning his classic comic book superhero suit in the upcoming Netflix series. Many have been sure he'll be suiting up in the yellow/green outfit by the end of the show, just like Daredevil but that won't happen says showrunner Scott Buck.

"Danny Rand is still discovering who he is as a hero and where he is going to be," he said, "so he’s not yet ready to put on a mask or a costume."

Scott Buck went on to add that not having a mask "does become an issue for the character."

Maybe we'll see him get a costume in The Defenders? Although pictures from the shootings indicate he won't be suiting up here either.

That said, they will delve into other character traits like the mystical side of things, although they won't delve into it too deeply:

“We’re trying to keep things extremely grounded and real and tell our stories through characters. So the mystical aspect is something we like to hint at, the idea that there is something bigger and larger out there, but we don’t delve into it all that deeply.”

Source: Games Radar.

XcHHEhR.jpg

Reasons to watch this show clocking off 1 by 1

Are they using the X-Men excuse too?

"Grounded" "Real" "The mystical aspect is something we like to hint at"
-- Showrunner of the KungFu spandex orphan from mystical Shangri-La with the power of a dragon in his fist

duckroll

"So the mystical aspect is something we like to hint at, the idea that there is something bigger and larger out there, but we don’t delve into it all that deeply."

Hahahahahaha. Just cancel Marvel Netflix and put that shit out of its misery already.

Brakke

Banned
If I wanted to watch a mediocre detective show set in NYC, I'd watch network primetime. If you're not going to do something fantastical, why are you even out here?

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
"So the mystical aspect is something we like to hint at, the idea that there is something bigger and larger out there, but we don’t delve into it all that deeply."

Hahahahahaha. Just cancel Marvel Netflix and put that shit out of its misery already.

Man even Agents of SHIELD had mystical shit.

Marvel Netflix is pretty good though and making bank so...

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Considering Marvel Netflix's track record wth outfits, this is probably a good thing.

And what's that track record?

Daredevil is the only person who really has a suit, everyone wears normal clothes. Then there was Diamondback, and he only wore that for one scene, so I don't know if I would call that a suit.

Immortal_Iron_Fist_22.jpg

I just wanna see this on live-action, it's basically like Daredevil's season 1 outfit, just in green and yellow. It's so weird how averse the Netflix shows are to being full-blown superhero shows.

Secret super soldier program for ninjas.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
"We’re trying to keep things extremely grounded and real and tell our stories through characters. So the mystical aspect is something we like to hint at, the idea that there is something bigger and larger out there, but we don’t delve into it all that deeply.”

I can't remember the last piece of news related to this that didn't sound like garbage.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I sure hope theres a scene where he looks at a green and yellow costume of some kind and laughs "HA HA, COMIC BOOKS ARE FUCKING SHIT" straight down the camera lens.

Anung

Un Rama
I have no hype left for this anymore. Everything said and shown just hasn't been great. Probably end up giving it a miss or at least watch the first 6 episodes as they'll probably be fine before the marvel Netflix quality drop.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jessica Jones didn't either, it'll be a little easter egg/reference like it was there. Danny's out of them all is the most absurd and least suited for Netflix' tone (even though Iron Fist is supposed to be lighter).

Slayven

Fine with that, we know Marvel can do costumes. Marvel Knights, which Marvel Netflix is, is about the character.

PixelatedBookake

This shouldn't be the thing that makes me lose interest in the Iron Fist show, but this is the least hype I've been for a Marvel Netflix show. I like Iron Fist, but from what I've seen so far, I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
As much as I love Marvel's stuff, everything I hear about this show makes it sound terrible.

caliph95

Oh come on, they should have just gone full mystical with it at least within their budget. Otherwise there seems to be little to differentiate it from the other Netflix shows and Arrow.

MartyStu

The suit can easily be adapted. The current Power Man and Iron Fist ongoing for example.

Hell, the the Daredevil suit from early Season 1 can mostly work.

Wait, what's wrong with Marvels output on Netflix?

Jonogunn

I made a guaranteed on gaf to some doubters a few months ago that he would have his costume. It just seemed like the most obvious thing and I'm shocked how wrong I am.

Like the poster above said it's more or less like Daredevils black suit. Just make it muted green and yellow and it'll fit right in.

If not all MCU movies are dark and gritty why can't Netflix Marvel do the same and come out with different types of shows.

Sojgat

- Bad actor for Danny
- From the mind that brought you season 8 of Dexter
- Clumsy looking fight scenes
- As few Asian roles as possible
- No costume

Sounds great.

I sure hope theres a scene where he looks at a green and yellow costume of some kind and laughs "HA HA, COMIC BOOKS ARE FUCKING SHIT" straight down the camera lens.

Right?

ExVicis

Are you serious? This was the one I was excited for the most and it's looking like the worst of the Netflix shows now. Goddammit.

.la1n

Every time I see someone involved in a tv series or movie say "our version is more grounded" I know it's time check out.

Da-Kid

How do you not dwelve into the mystical aspects of a character that was trained in mystic arts, in a mystical city in a different dimension, and slayed a Dragon to gain mystical abilities that makes his hands glow and gives him superhuman strength, healing abilities, etc?????

Honestly I can't believe how much my excitement flipped for the MCU recently.
Ghost Rider portion of AoS I seriously enjoyed more than all of the Netflix stuff and even more than the 3 of the last 4 movies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom