• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 - Verdun Heights Gameplay + Frontlines and the Trench Raider

CryptiK

Looks cool. Shame its stuck behind a ridiculous pay wall. And servers running these maps will be empty in a month.

CryptiK

lol

I rather pay for a full fledged mappack than getting 1 map every 2-4 months...
Well when you can only play the maps for like a month or 2 at most it kinda means you've paid for access that goes away when the community loses interest.

I'd rather have one map every 3 months thats free for everyone rather than 4 Paywall maps that are only accessible to people that paid. At least then I know I will be able to play it.

Happen with a majority of Maps in BF3 and BF4 never got to play some of the more than a couple of times.

Hoje0308

Banned
Well when you can only play the maps for like a month or 2 at most it kinda means you've paid for access that goes away when the community loses interest.

I'd rather have one map every 3 months thats free for everyone rather than 4 Paywall maps that are only accessible to people that paid. At least then I know I will be able to play it.

Happen with a majority of Maps in BF3 and BF4 never got to play some of the more than a couple of times.

I was still able to get games on BF4 DLC maps last summer. Unless you're talking strictly PC, I'm gonna go ahead and say you're full of it.
Or just repeating what Jack said in his video

CryptiK

I was still able to get games on BF4 DLC maps last summer. Unless you're talking strictly PC, I'm gonna go ahead and say you're full of it.
Thats because they made them free for everyone early last year. And no Im not repeating what jack said it all this has been my stance from the beginning.

Dice themselves recognize the problem and gave out the map packs for free.

Looks cool. Shame its stuck behind a ridiculous pay wall. And servers running these maps will be empty in a month.

Not true at all. I can still find DLC servers in friggin battlefront on PC and that game has a laughably tiny population compared to BF4 and BF1. I'm talking sub 2000....

I mean it sucks, but Battlefield is my go to shooter, so I don't mind doubling the price of the game to double the longevity, makes perfect sense to me, where it wouldn't make sense for a more casual player.

ThisOne

I'm actually pretty excited for this. I hate how they cost so much money and split the userbase not once, but twice (with the staggered release for premium and on-premium players). Oh well. This game released with not enough content, in my opinion, so any new content is welcome. The base game is a lot of fun.

Falchion

Pretty much this. I would gladly jump back in but I've been burned by too many season passes that dry up quickly. At least there's a server browser in BF1.

ll_J0N_ll

Looks like a vanilla remix.

As a long time BF player I chose not to get the Premium Content/DLC for BF1 due to;

a) it's more expensive than base game in my country and
b) all my other BF experiences are that everyone goes back to vanilla after 2-4weeks

'But there are always dlc servers at any one time' means it's usually the same people camping the same corners with the same OP gun...

Ajax125

Banned
If they released a new map every month instead of 4 through premium, i would honestly be playing this game more often. But because of it....why bother when the map packs just split up the player base.

Dice, come and talk to me once you pull a BF4 and release them all for free.

breadtruck

lol

I rather pay for a full fledged mappack than getting 1 map every 2-4 months...

Is it really worth it when all those maps you paid for are crap compared to the base game?
The only maps that felt worth it in Battlefield to me has been the redo's of BF2 maps.

Free to all is the way to go.

From what i see on the JackFrags video, it does look fun. That melee class is going to be annoying as hell.

On BF4 PC I can find several servers that have DLC maps in rotation. I have had no trouble playing full 64 player Conquest matches.

Wedzi

Banned
How much does each individual map pack cost? $15? I might actually go a la carte since I doubt I'll stick with Battlefield 1 through the life of the season pass

They seriously need to rework Operations mode. The mode is incredible and the closest to topping Conquest for me (perhaps even on par with it)
However I hate that it takes several minutes to load into a game with unskippable cutscenes. Then you're either sitting in a near empty server and waiting over 10 mins for anyone to join or you manage to connect into a full game but it's already half way through a game and you don't get to experience it from the beginning.

Looking forward to some new maps. Love the core gameplay. A shame it's only 4 maps per DLC pack rather than 5 as in BF3/4.

J-Rzez

I bought all the premiums in the past. This one, I'm not sure on. There is just a lack of content I feel. I was a huge proponent for this game, but I got burnt out from the lack of content way quicker than I expected. Maybe it was that each weapon had like 2-3 variants of itself with minor difference most of the time, being the same gun.

Maybe they just dug a hole for themselves with this time frame, I don't know. I appreciate they broke the modern and future crap, but I think they should have went with WW2 instead...

They seriously need to rework Operations mode. The mode is incredible and the closest to topping Conquest for me (perhaps even on par with it)
However I hate that it takes several minutes to load into a game with unskippable cutscenes. Then you're either sitting in a near empty server and waiting over 10 mins for anyone to join or you manage to connect into a full game but it's already half way through a game and you don't get to experience it from the beginning.

Looking forward to some new maps. Love the core gameplay. A shame it's only 4 maps per DLC pack rather than 5 as in BF3/4.

It was def 4 in bf4. I think bf3 as well

Foxxsoxx

Wtf? Wasnt aware of this. Def bs

Yeah, and the pass cost the same. Literally less content for the same price. And the price was already expensive.

I'm pretty torn on the DLC as I want to get back in to BF1 as its loads of fun but I don't know how long this will last me.

The maps look pretty fun to play but they also look really, REALLY similar to the maps already in the game.

In comparison, BF3 and BF4s DLCs were much more varied in terms of visuals and terrain.

Yeah, and the pass cost the same. Literally less content for the same price. And the price was already expensive.

I'm pretty torn on the DLC as I want to get back in to BF1 as its loads of fun but I don't know how long this will last me.

The maps look pretty fun to play but they also look really, REALLY similar to the maps already in the game.

In comparison, BF3 and BF4s DLCs were much more varied in terms of visuals and terrain.

Watching the videos these maps do look very similar to the base content which is disappointing

deoee

I hope there will be enough vanilla servers.
I don't see the point in splitting the community with paid maps and will not support this

CryptiK

I hope there will be enough vanilla servers.
I don't see the point in splitting the community with paid maps and will not support this

The problem isnt Vanilla servers they will always be populated. The problem will be DLC ones after time.

munroe

I thought the maps became free in a couple of weeks so I don't see the worry that the userbase will be split, yeah for a couple of weeks but then they'll merge again

Edit : Nevermind

deoee

The problem isnt Vanilla servers they will always be populated. The problem will be DLC ones after time.

That's why you don't do this shit ;)

Look at Titanfall 2 with it's free maps. Right way to do it!

I thought the maps became free in a couple of weeks so I don't see the worry that the userbase will be split, yeah for a couple of weeks but then they'll merge again

Do they?

munroe

That's why you don't do this shit ;)

Look at Titanfall 2 with it's free maps. Right way to do it!

Do they?

Sorry nope, was just doing some extra research, premium members get 2 weeks early access but it's still paid content, well that's sucky

cripterion

It's funny how a few months passed can change opinions, prior to the game releasing I thought it BF1 looked out of this world, perhaps it was the hype, now I'm just tired of looking at it.
The Jackfrags footage looks so boring imo, running around soaking damage and clubbing people which he doesn't even seem to physically hit yet they get bounced like stupid ragdolls...

Lack of variety and customization, Elite classes...yeah not feeling BF1 anymore and I'm one of the stupid souls that got the Ultimate Edition...

deoee

It's funny how a few months passed can change opinions, prior to the game releasing I thought it BF1 looked out of this world, perhaps it was the hype, now I'm just tired of looking at it.
The Jackfrags footage looks so boring imo, running around soaking damage and clubbing people which he doesn't even seem to physically hit yet they get bounced like stupid ragdolls...

Lack of variety and customization, Elite classes...yeah not feeling BF1 anymore and I'm one of the stupid souls that got the Ultimate Edition...

Hit that point after 60h with the game (which were cool, but it got worse and worse)

Any idea what time the maps are available today?

We are pleased to announce that the Battlefield 1 They Shall Not Pass expansion pack and Base Game Update will start rolling out tomorrow. While access to They Shall Not Pass content will be limited to Premium Pass owners for their 2-week Early Access, the download is required for all Battlefield 1 players.

The Update will be automatically deployed to your platform on Tuesday, March 14th across all platforms with the following downtimes:

PC: Multiplayer will be offline for 2h starting 08.00 UTC / 1.00 AM PST.
PS4: Multiplayer will be offline for 2h starting 10.00 UTC / 3.00 AM PST.
Xbox One: Multiplayer will be offline for 2h starting 12.00 UTC / 5.00 AM PST.

Update notes will be posted here once the Base Game Update is live. Be sure to check back once maintenance is complete.

Thank you for your patience and see you on the battlefield!

The teams at EA/DICE
Source

Top Bottom