• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda releases Patch 1.05 Thursday, details more changes for future

Update:
Eye shader screenshot comparison from reddit:
73xZHSG.jpg
Short eye shader comparison vid I put up: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN-lsFWEtXw

Update 2:
MY FACE IS TIRED V2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6_KwM2SyeM

Statement:
https://www.masseffect.com/news/the-journey-ahead?sf53509845=1
Hi everyone,

It's been two weeks since the launch of Mass Effect™: Andromeda and we're thankful to the millions of you who have already joined us on this journey. And though the game is now in your hands, it's really just the beginning.

Since launch, our team has been poring over your comments and feedback, looking to discover what you like about the game, as well as areas we can evolve or improve.

This Thursday, we'll release a new patch that addresses technical fixes (crashes, improved performance), but also adds a number of improvements we've heard you ask for, such as:

Allowing you to skip ahead when travelling between planets in the galaxy map
Increasing the inventory limits
Improving the appearance of eyes for humans and asari characters
Decreasing the cost of remnant decryption keys and making them more accessible at merchants
Improving localized voice over lip sync
Fixing Ryder's movements when running in a zig zag pattern
Improving matchmaking and latency in multiplayer

Over the next two months we'll be rolling out additional patches which will go even deeper and look to improve several areas of the game:

More options and variety in the character creator
Improvements to hair and general appearance for characters
Ongoing improvements to cinematic scenes and animations
Improvements to male romance options for Scott Ryder
Adjustments to conversations with Hainly Abrams

These upcoming patches will also address performance and stability issues. And we're looking at adding more cosmetic items to single player for free.

For multiplayer, over the same timeframe, we're going to continue to build on the APEX missions that have been running since launch. We'll be adding new maps, characters, and weapons. On Thursday, we kick off the first of three new chapters centered around The Remnant Investigation.

This is just a taste of what's in store as we continue to support Mass Effect: Andromeda. And as always, you all play an important role in that. We want to hear from you about your experiences, both what you love about the game and what you'd like to see changed. We're listening, and we're committed to partnering with you as we continue to explore the Andromeda galaxy together.

Here's to a great journey,

Aaryn
So happy to hear about m/m stuff!

Patch notes:
http://blog.bioware.com/2017/04/04/mass-effect-andromeda-patch-1-05-notes/
In the new patch (1.05) for Mass Effect: Andromeda, our focus was on bug fixes and improvements to the player experience.

We've introduced a number of balance changes to single player and multiplayer, and resolved some issues with saves not working properly. We've also improved lip-sync and facial acting during some conversations, and have implemented a much-requested change that allows players to skip the autopilot sequences in the galaxy map.

We'll continue to listen to your feedback, and we thank you for working with us to create an even better Mass Effect: Andromeda experience.

Patch 1.05 Notes

Improved tutorial placement

Single player balance changes: Ammo crates, armor, weapons, nomad, profiles, attacks, and progression

Multiplayer balance changes: Weapons, cover, and enemies (check back for detailed notes on balance changes)

Added option to skip autopilot sequences in the galaxy map

Improved logic, timing, and continuity for relationships and story arcs

Improved lip-sync and facial acting during conversations, including localized VO

Fixed various collision issues

Fixed bugs where music or VO wouldn't play or wasn't correct

Fixed issue where global squad mate banter sometimes wasn't firing on UNCs

Fixed issue where player was unable to access the Remnant Console Interface after failing decryption multiple times

Fixed issue where fast travel is sometimes disabled after recruiting Drack until the player reloads a save

Fixed issue where Ryder can become stuck in the start of Biotic Charge Pose

Fixes issues related to some saves

Fixed issue where objective sometimes becomes un-interactable for players in multiplayer

Streaming and stability improvements
Full notes at the link. Thanks to smoolio for posting, just doing the "new news new thread" thing.

Jibbed

That galaxy map fix changes everything.

Interested to see what 'improved lip-sync and facial acting' translates to in-game.

Edit: "Fixed bugs where music [or VO] wouldn't play." So, the whole game then?

Phamit

Wait this is it?

There is more

https://www.masseffect.com/news/the-journey-ahead?sf53509845=1

Over the next two months we'll be rolling out additional patches which will go even deeper and look to improve several areas of the game:

SilentRob

http://blog.bioware.com/2017/04/04/mass-effect-andromeda-patch-1-05-notes/

Full notes at the link. Thanks to smoolio for posting, just doing the "new news new thread" thing.

Why not put the notes themselves in the OP? That'S the relevant part :p

Patch 1.05 Notes

Improved tutorial placement

Single player balance changes: Ammo crates, armor, weapons, nomad, profiles, attacks, and progression

Multiplayer balance changes: Weapons, cover, and enemies (check back for detailed notes on balance changes)

Added option to skip autopilot sequences in the galaxy map

Improved logic, timing, and continuity for relationships and story arcs

Improved lip-sync and facial acting during conversations, including localized VO

Fixed various collision issues

Fixed bugs where music or VO wouldn’t play or wasn’t correct

Fixed issue where global squad mate banter sometimes wasn’t firing on UNCs

Fixed issue where player was unable to access the Remnant Console Interface after failing decryption multiple times

Fixed issue where fast travel is sometimes disabled after recruiting Drack until the player reloads a save

Fixed issue where Ryder can become stuck in the start of Biotic Charge Pose

Fixes issues related to some saves

Fixed issue where objective sometimes becomes un-interactable for players in multiplayer

Streaming and stability improvements

Zurick

Banned
This isn't April 1st.

"We’ve also improved lip-sync and facial acting during some conversations"

We’ll continue to listen to your feedback, and we thank you for working with us to create an even better Mass Effect: Andromeda experience.

I had hoped to read an apology, and something more like "many"

More importantly I want to see how they are fixing glitches such as the with the ending cutscene for Dracks loyalty mission and the various framerate drops that seem to occur for no reason like at the Madara outpost.

Madness

There has to be more coming. I get it is a very comprehensive patch, but the way they talked about April 4th, was an almost like they would present a roadmap for the future, possible DLC.

Nugg

Yeah, OK, I have too much on my plate these days anyway. I'll play Mass Effect this fall or next year, when they're done fixing it.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
We’ve also improved lip-sync and facial acting during some conversations, and have implemented a much-requested change that allows players to skip the autopilot sequences in the galaxy map.

I feel hollow ..

this is a great update but I've already finished the fucking game :-/

Aeana

Glad to hear about the fixes. I already finished and loved the game, but it certainly could use this attention.

Sylas

Time to wait for the GotY version! I typically don't ascribe to the "you were beta testing" mentality but damn if this isn't that. What makes it kinda surreal is the fact that they might not have planned this if there nobody complained.

_woLf

If they're adding more options to character customization, they better make it so you can go back to it after completing the tutorial.

DA:I had this feature added in a later patch so it's not like they can't do it.

PSqueak

Banned
Over the next two months we’ll be rolling out additional patches which will go even deeper and look to improve several areas of the game:

Wow, it's like they came to gaf and went "let's see what they found bad about the game and fix that"

x-Lundz-x

It's a nice start, they certainly need to address the bugs in the game that detract from the experience. I'm still enjoying the hell out of the game regardless though.

Also nice to see they mentioned hair and general appearance of characters. I mean the general NPC's in the game do look laughably bad overall. The orange suit protester guy on the Nexus comes to mind right away.

black070

Pretty comprehensive list of changes for both the immediate future and further along the line - everything anyone could have realistically hoped for them to fix basically.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I'm confused a bit at all the wording.

Are there any patches coming out today ?

Will the patch mentioned to come out on Thursday be the one to add things like improved facial animations and skipping galaxy travel ?

Or is all of the above 'in the coming months' ?

You... were expecting an update that would go back in time and fix your already-finished playthrough?

No, I requested 70% of the things they're promising to fix now in the 'announcement' topic, but now that it's official they're working on it, i feel indifferent.

I guess it's gonna be good to wait till everything's patched so I can do a second play through as Sarah.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
List looks good. Maybe I'll put the game on hold for a couple days until the Thursday patch hits since that addresses a lot of my biggest criticisms.

The roadmap looks good too. Seems like they're tackling everything that could reasonably be fixed.

Ditching those galaxy transition vids is a significant QOL improvement. I still can't believe they kept those in there.

Thank you!

Sounds like a great patch. Bioware seems to be listening already. I was very disappointed with the game at first, but I'm really enjoying my time now.

Vashetti

Banned
Great to hear of the fixes, I'll pick it up in a few months after several more patches.

Happy to hear about more male romance options for Scott, as that was what I wanted to do in my playthrough.

i'm about 16% into the game, Gave up because it was a mess, But i am level 60, have 12 million credits and all the resources i need for crafting due to glitches.

So after the update i might play it and enjoy it more now they have fixed things and i dont need to grind.

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
Good.

A 'dead name' rewrite?

CGwizz

More inventory thank god ffs, finally i can have all armor and weapons i hope...

I bet not even in 2 or 3 months we will see a better CC, i guess i finish it now then play it again with all DLC in the future when DLC is cheap as fuck.

StereoVsn

Good to hear that they are working on at least some of the more egregious issues. I can pick up the game then during late summer lull once everything is patched up and at a discount.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I'm confused a bit at all the wording.

Are there any patches coming out today ?

Will the patch mentioned to come out on Thursday be the one to add things like improved facial animations and skipping galaxy travel ?

Or is all of the above 'in the coming months' ?

This is what's in the Thursday update:

Increasing the inventory limits
Improving the appearance of eyes for humans and asari characters
Decreasing the cost of remnant decryption keys and making them more accessible at merchants
Improving localized voice over lip sync
Fixing Ryder’s movements when running in a zig zag pattern
Improving matchmaking and latency in multiplayer

Top Bottom