• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes II demo up on NA PSN.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Tried doing a search and found nothing, but tried this out last night and found the changes very promising.

Game feels more like a fleshed out adventure with an actual overworld, quests, and exploration to undergo. Very unlike the wave-based Tower-Defense approach of the first game(at least based on the demo). I would love it if Hyrule Warriors 2 followed this approach!

Just a heads-up as some many would probably be interested in trying it.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...e=Google&utm_term=ps-ga-871&utm_content=Brand

inner-G

Banned
T
Game feels more like a fleshed out adventure with an actual overworld, quests, and exploration to undergo. Very unlike the wave-based Tower-Defense approach of the first game(at least based on the demo). I would love it if Hyrule Warriors 2 followed this approach!

This interests me...

Was really interested in this game once I found out you can use different weapon types as the main character (and I believe more complex skill trees as a result)

Really liked prior one but was a little simplistic, this one looks more interesting gameplay and progression wise

Brandon F

Thanks for the heads up. I wonder if they improved performance over the JP release at all.

Played the demo on a Pro and it probably isn't(knowing nothing about the import game). It performed alright, but it wasn't as smooth as GAF normally expects from games. Not poor though, but my guess is closer to 30 than 60. There is a massive boss you fight at the end of the demo and I definitely noticed a bit of sluggishness.

But I haven't paid any attention to the import game and was really surprised when the demo plopped me right into a massive overworld with a quest icon to head towards. Only a single monster coin dropped for me(seem to be really rare?) and instead of an AI slime knight fighting alongside my party, I actually took control of it instead. Another big change?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Those colors the MCs are wearing fit pretty well for a release around Easter.

bigol

I tried the EU demo and it definitely has framerate issues in battle, when there are many spell effects on screen.

gtj1092

Sweet. Finished DQH just about a year ago. Does this have local co-op would be cool to play with my girlfriend. Part one would of been so much better with multiplayer.

fbutron

Thanks for the heads up, will buy it day one since I loved the first with all the story and all

This one can be played online right?

Brandon F

do you get anything from the demo? Main game unlocks or something of the sort? or just to try out

Don't think so, nothing was stated when I completed the demo.

I did read that having a savefile from the first game and Builders will unlock minor rewards in Heroes II though.

BigEmil

Demo was nice, seems an improvement over the first. I'll buy it in a sale later down the line

No because this... runs at 1080P 60FPS.

Not according to several people in this thread who have played it, though I'm sure it performs MUCH better than the Switch version. However, what I meant was is it the same content as the Switch demo, regardless of performance?

How much different is it then the Japanese demo, cause that was completely unacceptable in terms of performance.... My goodness

Edit: NVM, thought we we're talking about switch

Took some screenshots with my capture card.

amarectv2017-04-0615-eas2k.png

amarectv2017-04-0615-ygobl.png

amarectv2017-04-0615-14qup.png

amarectv2017-04-0615-rrsv9.png

fbutron

Just FYI you can preload now the game, just finished and ready to go!!

Shame i did not yet finished the first one

Dynheart

Banned
Despite this running better on the PS4, I will still get this on the Switch. My entire Dragon Quest collection is on the Nintendo platform, and if I get this on the PS4 my OCD will destroy my soul.

Jucksalbe

Banned
Despite this running better on the PS4, I will still get this on the Switch. My entire Dragon Quest collection is on the Nintendo platform, and if I get this on the PS4 my OCD will destroy my soul.

But that means you skipped DQ Builders, which you really shouldn't.

Dynheart

Banned
But that means you skipped DQ Builders, which you really shouldn't.

I have no desire to buy that game, as I do not enjoy Mine Craft type games. The rest of my Dragon Quest collection is on the Nintendo platform, if I have the option I'll keep it that way.

Btw, it's "my" collection. That does not mean I have to own every game in existence. Main series and games that interest me. DQ builders does not interest me.

Lucreto

Looking forward to this game.

I have all my the character videos watched multiple time as this stage.

I won't get it until Friday but I got a three day weekend and I plan on wearing my slime tshirt and play the entire time.

Also you get Luceus's and Aurora's armour if you have DQH1 on your HDD and the Builders Hammer if you have DQ Builders if it's the same as the Japanese release.

Dynheart

Banned
Neither do I. In fact I've never enjoyed one. I love DQ Builders, though. Not saying you need it, just throwing that out there. Despite appearances, t's very different from Minecraft.

I'll consider looking into it, but my priority will be purchasing DQ heroes 1+2 first. I bought Dragon Quest Swords, or whatever it was called, for the sake of collecting back in the day. I wish I had not. Now I'm stuck with it because it does not sell for much at all. Not worth the effort. I would rather have games sitting on my shelf that I enjoy, not more Dragon Quest Swords. (not saying it is a bad game, I just did not enjoy it). Heh

I'll look into it, though. If it is that much of a departure from minecraft, I'll consider.

Dynheart

Banned
There's a demo on PSN, so you can try that before buying something you won't really like.

From my experience, demo's usually are not a great representative/indicative of the final product. More often than not they do more harm than good, so I steer clear from them and use my own methods (long process, but has not failed me....other than Brink). Unless the demo is a good one?

Top Bottom