• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes II demo up on NA PSN.

Lucreto

From my experience, demo's usually are not a great representative/indicative of the final product. More often than not they do more harm than good, so I steer clear from them and use my own methods (long process, but has not failed me....other than Brink). Unless the demo is a good one?

The demo is the first Island on the main game and you get to play up to the first teleporter which brings you to another Island in the same level.

It's the final product so it is a good indication.

Dynheart

Banned
O.K. GAF, I'll try it...after the semester is over with. I consider myself as a guy who is pretty open. If it's that different from Minecraft, I'll give it a fair shake.

EDIT: Sorry for the derail.

Drewfonse

I'm getting confused. Are people talking about Builders or Heroes 2? I'm downloading a demo for Heroes 2. It sound like some of you are talking about the other one.

Shahed

For what it's worth I found minecraft to be incredibly dull and boring. I downloaded the demo of Builders on a whim. Literally the next time I went grocery shopping I bought it. My issue with minecraft is while there's freedom and creativity to be had, I disliked the aesthetic and bemoaned the lack of purpose. Builders had the DQ charm but applied in a clever way, the art style was pleasing and more importantly there was a narrative and sense of focus to go along with all the building. Having a story worked wonders.

Sure you may still not like it, but it's definitely a different beast from Minecraft even if it is technically the same kind of game. I loved it and it was one of my favourites from last year.

Lucreto

I'm getting confused. Are people talking about Builders or Heroes 2? I'm downloading a demo for Heroes 2. It sound like some of you are talking about the other one.

Dynheart wanted to keep his collect of Dragon Quest games on the Nintendo platform and we were pointing out he is missing one as Builders is on PS4 and he should try the demo.

Top Bottom