• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dog Escapes animal hospital by physically opening doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

platocplx

This is pretty incredible to watch. This dog pretty much escaped their cage and got all the way outside opening doors. Incredibly smart dog.

STAFFORD, Va. - A dog that escaped from a Virginia animal hospital early Monday morning has been found and reunited with his owner.

The Aquia-Garrisonville Animal Hospital in Stafford said General, a 10-year-old Great Pyrenees, left out of the clinic's back door at around 4:17 a.m. Surveillance video from inside the animal hospital shows the dog opening the latch to his kennel and opening three other doors in order to make his great escape.

“He is very special,” said Campbell. “He is a smart dog. Getting out of doors, in a door is nothing new. I told them that when we dropped him off, but never had a problem getting out of any place that boarded him before.”

According to his owner, General got a slight nick on his nose in his attempt to get out from his kennel

"Basically, he spent a night and a half rehearsing trying to figure out how to open the door from the inside, which is how he got a little scratch on his nose," he said. "It's a trick to lift the latch from the inside and he figured it out and pushed on the door. Pretty impressive.”

Video at Link:http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/247860020-story?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

strafer

latest

Some of my dogs can also open latches and doors. We had to equip all our doors with round door knobs, and even those they sometimes manage to open.

Heysoos

My dog can open doors too, freaked us out when she first did it. I had let her out to the backyard. An hour or so later, I see her walking into my room. Confused as hell because I was home alone all day. I walk and see the front door wide open. Let her out again to the backyard to see if it has been her, and sure enough a minute later she's at the front door getting it open.

Yeah my mothers dog(Rhodesian) managed doors as well. Door handles with an jump and smash with paws. Latches, pushing up with the nose. Had to lock doors.

My dogs use to do this, one learned how and others learned it from him. It was kind of a pain in the ass because they'd let themselves out, luckily was living out in the middle of no where... Probably should've taught them how to close the door.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I lol'd at the other dog in the cage next to him that was like "How'd you get out?".

Clockwork

Our dog (11 month old lab mix) can also open doors. She hasn't figured out round door knobs but anything with a handle she does just fine. She also figured out how to open the front door (which is a thumb lever).

People (friends/family) think it is hilarious, but they don't have to deal with it.

You can see the Dog sniff around at a certain parking spot and then looked distressed after it...poor thing must of felt abandoned :(

JBuccCP

My friends dog had a method of opening round doorknobs which involved standing on her hind legs and slamming her front paws on the knob over and over until it opened. This dog was much gentler.

FtsH

Well if they didn't use physical force to open the doors, what could they have done? Use magicall force?

Instro

My brothers Vizla opened a bedroom door, opened a sliding window from an upstairs room, jumped from the window onto a patio cover(which isn't exactly close), jumped down into the back yard, and then broke through a fence to visit the neighbors dogs. He is an escape artist.

Our pets are clever; often far more clever than we give them credit for. One of my cats considers doors a personal challenge... he's opened latches, cupboards and indoor doors with door knobs (like if you don't lock the bathroom door)... we have child proof locks on a number of cupboards because of him, and we have to keep the screen doors locked in the summer or he just pops them open and wanders out... We don't have to use childproof locks on all the cupboards, only those with food in them; he can't be arsed opening the pots 'n pans cupboard or the Tupperware cupboard...

My dog opened rounded door knobs (older ones that just needed a little circular movement). He would get up and mimic our movement with both paws and open a door. Just to go out and fuck other doggies. Dude was worse than casanova.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom