• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order (F/GO) English version hitting this summer

Nirran

%E3%80%8CFate_Grand%2BOrder%E3%80%8D%E3%83%88%E3%83%AC%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A9%E3%83%BC.mp4_snapshot_01.40_%5B2014.08.12_22.47.33%5D.jpg
https://www.destructoid.com/remake-history-this-summer-with-the-next-fate-game-431445.phtml?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
In an announcement at Sakuracon event in Seattle, Aniplex of America revealed that they'd be helping port the game to English, and release it on iOS and Android this summer.

There is a lot of talk about how large it is, after coming in at the 2nd highest grossing gatcha game on mobile last year. Not a type of game a lot of people like, but really enjoy Final Fantasy Brave Exvius and Summoner's War so I'll definitely check this out.

Edit: destructoid seems to be the only one reporting this and the event starts in 11 mins. Thought the announcement was earlier today. Either they got early word from aniplex or they're taking a guess and putting it as news for hits.

Edit 2: officially announced at Aniplex panel.

kewlmyc

Me a year ago would have been excited, but between Fire Emblem Heroes and Tales of Link, I don't have enough space, time, or money for another gacha game.

Glad it's finally coming over though. Hopefully they have their own western servers.

raven777

Is it going to have it's own western server, or worldwide server like granblue fantasy and just adding language option?

Nirran

Is it going to have it's own western server, or worldwide server like granblue fantasy and just adding language option?

Sounds like it's own thing so probably a global server? It's hard to say as news is just coming out about it. It's been running for awhile so it would definitely be nice to see all the story from the beginning as most events would be over by now and the events in F/GO I hear are very story heavy. It would hurt a lot of long time players though that have been playing the jpn version though. Guess we'll see what happens.

Yayate

I really, really hope it's not a Western server. I'm not interested in restarting from scratch.

Well maybe I'll play through the main chapters and some big events in English just to see how it is.

Yayate

How is it a terrible move? Hasn't the game been out for a few years now? The western fans who try out the English version would be missing out on tons of missed content and wouldn't stand a chance during any of the competitive events.

There's no competitive events, and we're constantly getting event reruns.

Seperate servers is the worst idea, like I couldn't abandon my JPN one just for an English localization. I have literally thousands invested into this game.

My worry is how well it's going to do in the west. Not to shit on the game, but it's very gacha heavy. All I can think of is what happen with Chain Chronicle ENG.

Nirran

How is it a terrible move? Hasn't the game been out for a few years now? The western fans who try out the English version would be missing out on tons of missed content and wouldn't stand a chance during any of the competitive events.

Think it has more to do with people that have been playing long term already and don't want to start over as they've spent a good amount of money and time into it. It will most likely be very successful either way. I'm excited either way.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
People who have whaled aren't going to give up their accounts just to transfer over. Even then, people who have rare cards from hours of rerolling probably don't want to start over either. lol

Shirke

Global servers in Gacha games from Japan tend to get the shaft in terms of updates and events, which is why Chain Chronicles, Rage of Bahamut are dead in the west and Monster Strike might as well be. Cygames apparently learned from RoB and gave Granblue and Shadowverse a separate english language option within the same server as Japan, so everyone gets the same updates.

Mathematics

Neo Member
Seperate servers is the worst idea, like I couldn't abandon my JPN one just for an English localization. I have literally thousands invested into this game.

My worry is how well it's going to do in the west. Not to shit on the game, but it's very gacha heavy. All I can think of is what happen with Chain Chronicle ENG.

I've been F2P since day 1. I've got a nice handful of 5* I don't want to give up (cough Waver and Merlin cough).

I wonder if they will follow the exact same release schedule but just be 2 years behind. Daily log in rewards will be a pain for the first 4-6 months. 4 quartz to 3 quartz, wonder how that would be handled too.

T-Rex.

Banned
you guys are happy now but just wait until you use up 300 odd quartz and just get sumanai over and over again

Nice I always wanted to try it.

BTW is there some kind of massive legal roadblock stopping companies from releasing VN in west ?

I've been waiting for this, well not really since I didn't think it would happen. I'm gonna hoard so much shit until the Kara no Kyoukai collab

I've been F2P since day 1. I've got a nice handful of 5* I don't want to give up (cough Waver and Merlin cough).

I wonder if they will follow the exact same release schedule but just be 2 years behind. Daily log in rewards will be a pain for the first 4-6 months. 4 quartz to 3 quartz, wonder how that would be handled too.

Going back to 40 Quartz for a 10 roll, 50 cap inventory space. One fear.

Mathematics

Neo Member
Oh another thing: the speed increase. How long did it take for them to add the x2 speed? Two months? Do one quest and your lunch break is over.

Shouta

I'd almost try it English if I weren't still salty about them killing my JP account just because I was on an unrooted device.

gaiadyne

Played the Japanese version briefly just to see what servant I would roll and I decided to wait for the English version which I never thought would come. The wait will be worth it!

Oh dear, I'm afraid of pulling my wallet out to try and pull another Scathach on the English version when the time comes. Either way I'll probably just download it just for the story and what not.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Not surprised by this since they were hiring a mobile game social media manager a few months ago.

Kumubou

I'd almost try it English if I weren't still salty about them killing my JP account just because I was on an unrooted device.
This so much. I ended up having my account banned (losing 2 Tamamos and 2 Ryougis in the process) because I had the nerve to try to boot the game on a jailbroken iPhone. Trying to block usage on jailbroken/rooted devices is usually futile, and banning accounts for doing that is amazingly silly as there are plenty of legitimate reasons to run a rooted phone.

...although given the nature of the game, it's probably for the best.

Yayate

This so much. I ended up having my account banned (losing 2 Tamamos and 2 Ryougis in the process) because I had the nerve to try to boot the game on a jailbroken iPhone. Trying to block usage on jailbroken/rooted devices is usually futile, and banning accounts for doing that is amazingly silly as there are plenty of legitimate reasons to run a rooted phone.

...although given the nature of the game, it's probably for the best.

Wait, you actually got fully banned? It should just prevent the process from booting and give you an error message, well that's what happened to me. I haven't heard of anyone getting banned aside from people that use MEoDP or people that constantly refunded.

That's actually a bit worrisome to hear.

Top Bottom