• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT2| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Pejo

Man this is exactly the kind of event I hate. The story is stupid nonsense for nonsense sake, and everything is iterative, there is no real progression. Like night and day from Cinderella Halloween which was also stupid but well written and had some twists and turns. The problem for me is that the character dialogue is just there to fill some arbitrary quota of lines that they felt they needed between battles. Like I need to read Percival yell about potatoes or knightly shit over and over and over. It's the equivalent of hearing Tesla/Edison talk, but for a whole event. Santa Martha's entire arc being headpats and cooking is also already very old. Ah well, I can't have much more to go, I just finished the stew.

Santa Martha acquired and NP5'd. I'm tempted to be lazy and call it there but I might farm a few more boxes.

EDIT: Well I definitely represented Fate this year lol

Screenshot_20231212-171931.png

Last edited:

Pejo

Man I fucking hate lotto events. I wish JP players would have rallied against it instead of celebrating it back on the first one. Just colossal wastes of time for some "free" skill gems and embers and crap.

I don't mind grind modes in games where the grind is "press auto and wait", but in FGO, it's mind numbing and you can't skip ANY of it. Fucking awful.

I keep wishing for an anniversary they announce a QoL update to allow us to use up to 5x AP on a single "free quest" node to get 5x the drops. THAT would be a huge QoL for this game, on VERY little effort on Lasagna's part.

The grinding is just so awful in FGO.

deanote666

Man I fucking hate lotto events. I wish JP players would have rallied against it instead of celebrating it back on the first one. Just colossal wastes of time for some "free" skill gems and embers and crap.

I don't mind grind modes in games where the grind is "press auto and wait", but in FGO, it's mind numbing and you can't skip ANY of it. Fucking awful.

I keep wishing for an anniversary they announce a QoL update to allow us to use up to 5x AP on a single "free quest" node to get 5x the drops. THAT would be a huge QoL for this game, on VERY little effort on Lasagna's part.

The grinding is just so awful in FGO.
I love lotto events.

I can easily run out of skill gems if I'm not careful. Eliminates the need to farm the ember or QP nodes. Sometimes, you get lucky and the material it gives is one you really need. Lotto events have helped out with bones, chains, and proof of hero.

Yes, they are grindy, but just throw on youtube or something. I still remember the days of spinning in circles for hours in RPG's leveling up. This isn't any different.

I'm grinding FGO as I type this. ;)

I don't mind goofy events that are goofy for the sake of goofy. How many other games are there where you're trying to milk a sphinx?

Pejo

Well, ended up getting to box 18, higher than I usually go. At first I thought that the free quest that cost cider gave infinite tickets, only to find out that it was just a first-clear reward. Ah well. Got Martha NP5/maxed out, all the one-time quests etc. I barely touched the shop though. I'm never gonna use Santa Martha in content, so I was contemplating not even getting the dupes.

deanote666

I slacked off during the event so I only got to box 46. Cleared the shop. Some characters require a crazy amount of spikes so the event helped.

Pejo

This was 2 years' ago GSSR for JP. I think that should make it ours coming up.
1TCZ9E1RRIXaZHYjkQF2o7sROE78f1guAAMU_u4qsLU.png

*edit*

After looking at it a bit, I think I'm gonna go for Arts Extra, Quick Extra, or Arts Knights.

Arts Extra has some top tier farmers that NP levels are always good for. I also like the Kiaras and Yang Guifei, so the only truly "meh" roll there (for me) is Hokusai.

Arts Knights has Melusine which I'd like more NP levels for and Summer Jeanne, the best AoE berserker node looper. I don't really want any more copies of bird/Ryoma/Shiki though, and Bride Nero is a total waste IMO. I haven't used her in years.

Quick Extra is pretty loaded too for good farmers, and I really like Caren/Dantes/Jacques but I'm at NP5 Melt due to getting her in like 3 separate GSSRs, so I'm not sure I want to press my luck there. She won't leave me alone.

I also want more Koyan Assassin dupes but that group is cursed and her featured rerun banner should be coming soon.

Look at that minefield to try to luck into a Castoria. They did her dirty.

Last edited:

deanote666

I'll probably do the one with jalter in it.

That teapot has to be the most worthless thing they've added to the game but I'll take the free 12 SQ.

3 tickets and she finally came home, after I didn't get her earlier this year. Thought I'd test my luck with a 11-roll...NP2 let's go.

I don't have Koyan or Oberon, but apparently she can work with double Castoria as a good boss killer.

Leveling her skills though...time to farm Dragon Fangs again :messenger_weary:

deanote666

Doubles bond points for a single quest. They gave 20, and they expire.
3 tickets and she finally came home, after I didn't get her earlier this year. Thought I'd test my luck with a 11-roll...NP2 let's go.

I don't have Koyan or Oberon, but apparently she can work with double Castoria as a good boss killer.

Leveling her skills though...time to farm Dragon Fangs again :messenger_weary:
Congrats!

Me who got her at pity...

Am I crazy that they announced there would be no more of these after Sin? I could have sworn...

Also fuck them.

Tunguska should come back as a Main Interlude sometime around May or so. And I think there'll be a separate quest to get the new Mystic Code if you miss Tunguska this time around.

Pejo

Tunguska should come back as a Main Interlude sometime around May or so. And I think there'll be a separate quest to get the new Mystic Code if you miss Tunguska this time around.
Is the new MC the Plugsuit 2 one? That's the only one I really want to get, and I'll be super pissed if it's tied to a limited time event.

Is the new MC the Plugsuit 2 one? That's the only one I really want to get, and I'll be super pissed if it's tied to a limited time event.

Yeah. Also, this should help (c/p from Reddit):

Q: Should I rush the main story for Tunguska Sanctuary? Will I be locked out of anything if I don't do it?
A: Once Tunguska Sanctuary ends, its Prologue and Epilogue will become permanent story chapters - features like Grail Casting and future story chapters are locked behind this and not the rest of the story.
The rest of the story will become a free Main Interlude around May 2024: this is optional and not required for any events. The Main Interlude version of Tunguska is exactly the same as the original event, except without raids.

Tl;dr: Tunguska Prologue and Epilogue will still be up after the event ends, new MC you get from the Epilogue. But you're still gonna have to finish LB6 first, though.

Last edited:

Pejo

Yeah. And IIRC you get it from the epilogue.

Also, this should help (c/p from Reddit):

You're still gonna have to finish LB6 first, though.
Those shitheads. This makes me so angry that I'm contemplating just quitting and selling my account. You know what would fix this? A checkbox that says "I don't mind if I'm spoiled, let me play."

*edit*

I had 220~ ish SQ. After using 180, I got that fucking dude rider 4 goddamn times (2 in a single 11x roll) just trying to get a single copy of Nikitich. The last roll before I got her, I also got spooked by a Marie at position 10 of 11 in the roll. I was fucking LIVID until Nikitich popped as the last slot. I should have stopped after my tickets were gone, but I was so angry with everything tonight that I got into a rage pull session.

Got enough for GSSR but my Koyan savings are decimated. Tonight was not a good night for me.

Last edited:

deanote666

Those shitheads. This makes me so angry that I'm contemplating just quitting and selling my account. You know what would fix this? A checkbox that says "I don't mind if I'm spoiled, let me play."

*edit*

I had 220~ ish SQ. After using 180, I got that fucking dude rider 4 goddamn times (2 in a single 11x roll) just trying to get a single copy of Nikitich. The last roll before I got her, I also got spooked by a Marie at position 10 of 11 in the roll. I was fucking LIVID until Nikitich popped as the last slot. I should have stopped after my tickets were gone, but I was so angry with everything tonight that I got into a rage pull session.

Got enough for GSSR but my Koyan savings are decimated. Tonight was not a good night for me.
The only thing you're missing is raids and you say you hate grinding.

The game has a good story. Advance it one node a day and you'll get there.

Edit: this is no different than the end of time Solomon temple. Everyone that was caught up at the release got to raid but the place was still there after. So unless you wanted to do the actual raids, you aren't missing anything since this is permanently added story.

Edit: F that giant fight. Apparently you need to use their NPC or bust.

Last edited:
Raid is bugged. That figures lol.

Ivan's Raid numbers instantly went to 0 when the daily reset happened. If you do the 5AP node now, it'll go to the next story part.

Hoping they get it fixed before I go to bed later.

EDIT:
Tunguska raid is bugged. What happens next?
NA Discussion
TL;DR: Raid is bugged, we don't know how or if they'll fix it until Lasengle tells us.

What happened? Did I miss the raid?
No, it isn't just you. You didn't miss the raid. There simply was no raid, likely due to some error made by the developers.

What is Lasengle going to do to fix it?
We have no idea. This is unprecedented. We have no idea if they're going to just skip the raid altogether, roll back the server, or do something else. Check the News section in the game or on the official website, including the Maintenance, Updates, and Issues tabs, and the official social media channels (Twitter, Facebook) for the latest official information.

What can I do about it?
There are really only two things you can do:

DO NOT CLEAR THE FINAL ASSAULT QUEST. Clearing the quest will progress the story to the next section as though the raid was completed. Just in case the eventual solution is to re-implement the raid without rolling back the server, it may be better to wait and see what the solution is.

Contact support@fate-go.us and describe the problem. Hopefully that will get someone's attention if they aren't already aware. Aniplex/Lasengle will not respond to social media comments and we have no idea how often they even check the replies.

Last edited:

deanote666

Raid is bugged. That figures lol.

Ivan's Raid numbers instantly went to 0 when the daily reset happened. If you do the 5AP node now, it'll go to the next story part.

Hoping they get it fixed before I go to bed later.

EDIT:
The most interaction I've seen on a fgo tweet in years. it feels like.

Apparently this is what happened.

{'eventId': 80349, 'day': 1, 'totalDamage': 4000000, 'defeatedAt': 1703283360}

This is a code snippet for the raid node. "4000000" is the maximum raid HP, with each kill decreasing the number by 1. "1703283360" is a UNIX timestamp that translates to December 22, 2023, 5:16 PM EST; for reference, today's story nodes opened at 5:00 PM EST. The raid node was meant to open at 11:00 PM EST.

Basically, someone left the dev killbots on and Ivan just exploded only 16 minutes after the story nodes opened, several hours before the raid node was even accessible to the players.

Lol. Pejo Pejo might be lucky to be behind, after all. You don't have to deal with this bullshit lol.

Last edited:

deanote666

Gotta say, after the giant fight, the enemies in the 2nd zone with all the hype aren't really anything special. They barely tickle my party and spamming space Ishtar clears them out.

Final Raid of Tunguska is up. Double Castoria + Melusine goes brrrrrrr. Still wish I had Vitch and Oberon but this works well enough as a boss murderer.

I know, adds drop materials, but checking the wiki, they don't drop anything I really need, so I'm 2-turning the 90++ raid boss just for those sweet bond points.

EDIT: Did another 11-roll on her banner...NP3 Melu let's goooo.

My former boss kill team was either Jalter/Waver/Merlin or Summer Jalter/Waver/double Merlin, but I think I can reliably replace that with double Castoria/Melu/Tamamo now lol.

Last edited:

deanote666

I'm 2 turning with tamamo lancer, ibuki, and castoria.

Take whatever drops you can. You never know when a random servant will require 200 of item x.

10 apologems coming tonight from the raid 1 glitch.

Last edited:
Tunguska Epilogue is locked until 12/31? Well alright then.

I know what happens story-wise, but is that really necessary?

Last edited:

deanote666

Tunguska Epilogue is locked until 12/31? Well alright then.

I know what happens story-wise, but is that really necessary?
Some of the story was set to reflect the real world calendar (even though less than a year has passed in game since part 2 started).

I have stayed relatively spoiler free so I don't know what all is coming.

Pejo Pejo , why are you so against completing the story? Is it time constraints? Just do a node a day or a week and you'll get there. LB5 features one of the characters you've shown to be one of your waifus if I'm remembering correctly.

Last edited:
One of my friends that plays made a suggestion that was pretty hilarious.

Since I pulled 3 copies of Melusine, a dragon girl who's blue and white, I should change my in-game name to Kaiba 😂

tumblr_inline_obcatdoolE1rlvv8t_500.gif

Last edited:
Separate post because the New Years servant in JP was revealed. It's Saber (Yamato Takeru) from Samurai Remnant.

AZrWAs4.jpg

• S1 - Apply Guts to self [1000-3000 HP] (1 time, 3 turns) and Increases NP gauge for self [20-30%] and Applies buff to self (3T) <Increases NP gauge by 25% for self when an ally dies>
  • S2 - Applies Special dmg vs Divine to self [30-50%] (3T) Applies Special dmg vs Demonic to self [30-50%] (3T) and Increases critical strength for self [20-30%] (3T)
  • S3 - Increase Arts card effectiveness for self [20-30%] (3T) and Increases NP damage for self [10-20%] (1T) and Increases NP gauge for self [10-20%]
  • NP (Arts) - Reduces Arts resistance for a single enemy [50%] (1T) and Deals damage to all enemies [NP lvl: 450%-750%] and Applies Def down to all enemies [OC: 20-40%] (3T)
---

Passives:

• Magic Resistance A - Increases own debuff resistance by 20%
  • Riding Skill A - Increases own quick card effectiveness by 10%
  • Divinity D - Applies 125 damage plus to self
  • Append skill 3 - Increases damage against Saber enemies

EDIT: New PV for ufotable's Witch on the Holy Night movie

Last edited:

Pejo

I still haven't played Samurai Remnant yet, so maybe I'll be hyped for Saber after that. Kinda a boring pick IMO though. Was he/she well received in Japan?

That trailer looks so damn good. The art and animation is next level. Particularly at the end of the trailer.

Silhouettes of 2024 servants. I'm excited to see some of these revealed.
3zzxw1gi7n9c1.png

Pejo

Went with Quick Extra GSSR, got fuckin' Douman of all servants. On one hand, he was the only one I didn't have, but on the other I will never even level or use him.

With that level of luck and my previous luck on night-of-release pulls, I'm saving my quartz until tomorrow sometime before trying for Koyan. I have 80~ quartz, 15 tickets, and a bad feeling.

deanote666

Got Okita alter on my GSSR. Ok I guess...

Got dark fox to NP2 with relatively few pulls. 10/10/10 skills.

There's extra missions in an icon on the left side of the UI right now so don't miss it.

Also got kscope #45 while doing my rolls...

RNG clustering is a lie they say... Getting 3 copies of the same, non-rate up 4* servant with less than 1% chance of getting them is a coincidence...

Pejo

Well the allure got the better of me and I managed to get Koyan after all 15 tickets and 60 quartz.

Two painful spooks this time were Lobo followed by Astraea. I thought each time that it was Koyan because they had the somewhat rare card patterns and I forgot what the Foreigner card back looked like.

Man I always get the most painful spooks on all of these damn banners. It's never an easy one, it always builds my hope to the very last moment before CRUSHING it.

Anyways, I feel very fortunate to have gotten her in only 37 pulls, so maybe this year won't be so bad after all.

I'd like NP2 on her but not on this run. Plus her major job seems to be Buster buffs, ignore invincible, and buff removal, which she can do just fine at NP1.

I really wanted NP2 Koyan of Light but that's out of the question for now, so looks like I'm good to go until Bazett and Valentines.

deanote666

Well the allure got the better of me and I managed to get Koyan after all 15 tickets and 60 quartz.

Two painful spooks this time were Lobo followed by Astraea. I thought each time that it was Koyan because they had the somewhat rare card patterns and I forgot what the Foreigner card back looked like.

Man I always get the most painful spooks on all of these damn banners. It's never an easy one, it always builds my hope to the very last moment before CRUSHING it.

Anyways, I feel very fortunate to have gotten her in only 37 pulls, so maybe this year won't be so bad after all.

I'd like NP2 on her but not on this run. Plus her major job seems to be Buster buffs, ignore invincible, and buff removal, which she can do just fine at NP1.

I really wanted NP2 Koyan of Light but that's out of the question for now, so looks like I'm good to go until Bazett and Valentines.
The dark fox won't be back till next new year if I'm remembering correctly. ;)

Holding off on Dark Koyan because, apparently, Light Koyan is getting another banner after this one ends.

Can't do the GSSR until payday later this week but I'm gonna try for Oberon.

Pejo

You guys having problems doing the "Defeat 1 Chaotic or Evil Servant" Panel quest? Gamepress recommends Massive Cavern (Fuyuki) for the Salter shadow servant, but I've done it twice now and it's not triggering the quest as complete.

*edit*

Looks like if you go to Lyon Free Quest node in Orleans it will complete for that one for 7AP.

Last edited:

deanote666

You guys having problems doing the "Defeat 1 Chaotic or Evil Servant" Panel quest? Gamepress recommends Massive Cavern (Fuyuki) for the Salter shadow servant, but I've done it twice now and it's not triggering the quest as complete.

*edit*

Looks like if you go to Lyon Free Quest node in Orleans it will complete for that one for 7AP.
I've been doing the high difficulty daily farming mission and been getting most of the requirements.

Had to go to France for divine servants though.

Last edited:
Credit to who made the Accel Synchro version. I only did the Summer one lol

I also did a deep cut Barghest version. Not many of you young'un's will get the reference lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom