• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT2| That's Hell You're Walking Into

deanote666

QB9ppfe.jpg
No Halloween 1 5* CE...

deanote666

Me neglecting the rerun Halloween event and then a wild maintenance appeared...

Never did get the Halloween 1 5* CE...

Got both new servants to NP3 relatively quickly.

Edit: Zenobia NP4, Molay NP5.

Last edited:

Pejo

No joy for me sadly. I only had 35 quartz going into the banner. I was totally unprepared and unaware that we were getting this new Halloween event already. I thought we'd have at least until the recap event ended before it would start. It hurts, but it looks like I'm probably not gonna get Jacques...

deanote666

Sounds like the company that's shipping my copy of samurai remnant made a mistake and never actually shipped it and is now actually shipping it...

It will then be held hostage by a family member as a gift at a later date. x_x

deanote666

Oh ho ho ho. When RNG gets you down, just remove it from the equation!
Eo00VDH.jpg

totally forgot i had 10 unregistered origins just sitting there.
I know that feeling.

Kind of like elixirs in RPG's. They're so rare you end up not using them.

I have 17 at the moment and never know when I'll actually use them because you never know when RNG will strike and whether I want that one character now or save them for another 2 years down the road.

Last edited:

Pejo

I know that feeling.

Kind of like elixirs in RPG's. They're so rare you end up not using them.

I have 17 at the moment and never know when I'll actually use them because you never know when RNG will strike and whether I want that one character now or save them for another 2 years down the road.
For me, this felt like the right time. I am busy with stuff in real life, so not much time to catch up on interludes/strengthenings for the 'easy' quartz, and after this banner there's nothing for me to consider until MAYBE this year's GUDAGUDA bs. Okuni look cool, but i'll probably skip Lancer Ryoma.

Honestly I'm getting as tired of GUDAGUDA as I've been of Edison/Tesla (since their introduction). It's just sheer nonsense a lot of the time and I don't get a lot of the "in" jokes because I'm not overly familiar with that time period of Japanese history. I think this year's GUDAGUDA is the free Avenger though, which is cool.

Pejo

Most of the event plots are nonsense but that's sort of the point though.
To be clear, I don't mind the nonsense part, but it's annoying nonsense with the GUDA gang. Mostly referencing character relationships and *wink wink, nudge nudge* stuff about Feudal Japan. It's fine that it's there, since this is a Japanese game and IP, I just don't personally care for it. I much more enjoy the idiocy that is universally able to be appreciated like the Liz stuff or Blackbeard.

Other than Edison and Tesla AC/DC garbage. I would erase both of them from the game if I could.

deanote666

To be clear, I don't mind the nonsense part, but it's annoying nonsense with the GUDA gang. Mostly referencing character relationships and *wink wink, nudge nudge* stuff about Feudal Japan. It's fine that it's there, since this is a Japanese game and IP, I just don't personally care for it. I much more enjoy the idiocy that is universally able to be appreciated like the Liz stuff or Blackbeard.

Other than Edison and Tesla AC/DC garbage. I would erase both of them from the game if I could.
The Japanese history class I took in college went from the Tokugawa period to WWII so I'm in the dark for the most part for the warring clan period.

The Japanese history class I took in college went from the Tokugawa period to WWII so I'm in the dark for the most part for the warring clan period.

Yeah, feels like the Warring States/Clan era isn't covered much in media.

Well, except for InuYasha, iirc that was set in that time period.

Last edited:

Pejo

Most of my experience with Nobunaga has been from the anime Drifters and Nioh 1/2, other than from FGO.

deanote666

Finished the challenge quest.

Buffed Bryn on first turn and sent her to the back for Tamamo.

Able to take out first bar with regular attacks.

Used dual Merlin heal as stall tactic through part 2 while removing her defense buffs.

Her NP wiped out the Merlins, bringing Bryn back out for the 3rd bar.

Bryn's NP wiped out the 3rd bar and Tamamo's NP took care of the guts 100k hp.

It's an Elly World

Screenshot_20231020-213547.png

I'm super thankful for this event, cause even though I've played FGO since its English release, I honestly slacked on the first two Halloween Events. Glad I could finally fully ascend and NP5 Caster and Saber Elly.

And fun fact, Lancer Elly was my 4* in my tutorial roll lol

Last edited:

Pejo

Finished clearing out the point trees and shop. :)

The welfare copies are tied to the point trees fyi. Pejo Pejo
I'm proud to announce that I have finally cleared the recap Halloween event!

And now I have to rush the new event in 2.5 days. I've been in a worse position before though, I guess.

I was gonna just skip the recap dialogue but I absolutely love the Liz Halloween stuff so I just couldn't. I will never not laugh when they signify Liz's singing with "SKREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

Also, Liz's VA singing her ascension lines and shop stuff is cracking me up for the Cinderella stuff.

Pejo

Limited time SQ + crystalized lore for completing story quests. :)
angry better call saul GIF

In other news, got the free 30 quartz from the 203230498230 day login thing and RNG can be fickle and she can be kind:
w8yWtDl.jpg

*edit*

Words can't describe how much I love this lizard. This face she makes while she sings the most stupid shit honestly has me laughing almost every time. I wasn't originally excited about this year's free Liz but I'm 100% committed now.
gPVnFbU.jpg

Last edited:

Pejo

Damn, Molay has seriously hit the game with some animation creep. Her attacks and NP are on a whole new level, I'm actually impressed with FGO visually, probably for the first time.

Other than from Bradamante's booty.

Boy am I glad the story was short this time, just gotta hit 400k points in each category now to get my Liz copies. Probably won't go for the lores, but not bad considering the short amount of time I put into the event.

I really like the fairytale quests with the random gimmicks. Not too RNG focused like real CQs, but a step up from average difficulty with some fun lore bits tied in. I'm also a fan of the new system where the +bonus enemy CEs make them appear in the same wave with the standard enemies, so you don't get fucked up in your NP looping. I was wondering if I was just imagining the UI being smaller for this event, but now I see it was to allow space for the other enemies in the same wave. Big improvement.

Overall I give this event high marks. I would be a little less forgiving if I had skipped the recap part though, it really is kinda mandatory to get the most out of this one.

deanote666

Damn, Molay has seriously hit the game with some animation creep. Her attacks and NP are on a whole new level, I'm actually impressed with FGO visually, probably for the first time.

Other than from Bradamante's booty.

Boy am I glad the story was short this time, just gotta hit 400k points in each category now to get my Liz copies. Probably won't go for the lores, but not bad considering the short amount of time I put into the event.

I really like the fairytale quests with the random gimmicks. Not too RNG focused like real CQs, but a step up from average difficulty with some fun lore bits tied in. I'm also a fan of the new system where the +bonus enemy CEs make them appear in the same wave with the standard enemies, so you don't get fucked up in your NP looping. I was wondering if I was just imagining the UI being smaller for this event, but now I see it was to allow space for the other enemies in the same wave. Big improvement.

Overall I give this event high marks. I would be a little less forgiving if I had skipped the recap part though, it really is kinda mandatory to get the most out of this one.
You gonna make it to 400k points each?

Pejo

You gonna make it to 400k points each?
KQAIfdi.jpg

EZPZ.

I might keep grinding away for the lores, we'll see.

By the way, is there a quick way to tell which event CEs I have as MLB? I threw most of them in the second archive and i'd rather not muck around in there, but I'd like to MLB any of the Halloween CEs in the shop if they're not already. It used to be significantly harder to MLB them in old events where you had to depend on drops.

Also, I didn't read that Zenobia CQ status before going in with my Scathatch "boss melter" team. Yea I paid for that mistake. Assholes did that on purpose no doubt, because I usually use Shishou for all the CQs unless they're Sabers.

Also it's getting harder and harder to find support Merlins when you need them. Koyan/Oberon are nice for looping stuff, but I still prefer the comfy double Merlin for challenge stuff when I need to use Buster.

deanote666

The only 3 you need to MLB are the spawn increase/strength increase CE. Just change the filter to acquisition and you'll find them.

I have each of them on my caster event support so it should come up eventually for you.

The ones at the bottom of the shop are just rerun CE's from past Halloween events so up to you if you get those.

Make sure you get all of the Eli coins! Coins for each Eli welfare are in the shop.

Last edited:

Pejo

The only 3 you need to MLB are the spawn increase/strength increase CE. Just change the filter to acquisition and you'll find them.

I have each of them on my caster event support so it should come up eventually for you.

The ones at the bottom of the shop are just rerun CE's from past Halloween events so up to you if you get those.

Make sure you get all of the Eli coins! Coins for each Eli welfare are in the shop.
Yea I'm almost done with EliCoin™.

Regarding the shop, I meant the older CEs. I still use the Martha one, so I might grab a second MLB one of those, but I wanted to MLB any others but I don't want extras. Is there a way to sort by non MLB or something?

deanote666

Yea I'm almost done with EliCoin™.

Regarding the shop, I meant the older CEs. I still use the Martha one, so I might grab a second MLB one of those, but I wanted to MLB any others but I don't want extras. Is there a way to sort by non MLB or something?
There might be a previous event filter. Sort by acquisition and look for the CE's you got at the time it was released. Can also sort by rarity

Pejo

There might be a previous event filter. Sort by acquisition and look for the CE's you got at the time it was released. Can also sort by rarity
I found that it shows you the highest limit break for each CE in the spirit origin list, so I just searched the ID# on the wiki and then looked them up that way. Got all the lores too and the only things I didn't empty the shop with is the previous liz copies and the CEs I didn't need.

Not bad for just 2-3 days of seriously playing the event. I'm just happy that the story wasn't super long for the new Halloween event. That's what happened to me on the Space Ishtar one when I procrastinated and missed the purple costume, since the story was so damn long and required grinding to open the next stages like this one.

deanote666

I found that it shows you the highest limit break for each CE in the spirit origin list, so I just searched the ID# on the wiki and then looked them up that way. Got all the lores too and the only things I didn't empty the shop with is the previous liz copies and the CEs I didn't need.

Not bad for just 2-3 days of seriously playing the event. I'm just happy that the story wasn't super long for the new Halloween event. That's what happened to me on the Space Ishtar one when I procrastinated and missed the purple costume, since the story was so damn long and required grinding to open the next stages like this one.

Pejo

Thanks for that, that's a nice way to keep tidy after an event ends to get rid of extra CEs and stuff.

Anyways, 100% done with the event now. Got all points rewards, emptied the shop for everything that wasn't unneeded CE/Liz copies from past events. Spent some time moving some old CEs and Fous to the second archive and cleaned that out too.

I'm sitting pretty at a lean 385/600 (Servants) 197/600 (CE's) in my active inventory and 687/900 (S) 433/495 (CEs) in my Second Archive. Most of the 2nd Archive servants are Fous I've been collecting since the dawn of time, or had to clear them out of the mailbox before they expired.

CEs, I generally keep 1 copy of every 5* and the handful of useful 4*s in my inventory, the rest I try to MLB a copy and toss into the archive (yes even the 1,2, 3 stars). About 6 months ago I went through and fused all the valentines CEs into xp bombs to try to get my first lv 100 CE, it's still at 98. It's absolutely insane how many fodder CE and QP you need to max out a single fucking 5* CE. They're out of their goddamn minds.

It really shows how poor the inventory management options are in this game though, it shouldn't take me 2 hours to shuffle stuff around and clean out old stuff that I don't need anymore. It's also crazy to me that you can't manage inventory and do selling/enhancement all from the same inventory screen. Bouncing back and forth between the different menus is part of why it takes so long.

tfw only want Himiko for the armpit fetish that I honestly never had until I watched SSSS Dynazenon

IYKYK

Edit: this was a drunk post but fuck it, I'll leave it lmao

Last edited:

Pejo

tfw only want Himiko for the armpit fetish that I honestly never had until I watched SSSS Dynazenon

IYKYK
Sorry, I just can't relate. Mine was the thigh fetish introduced in SSSS Gridman.

I already got her on the original banner, but I haven't even used her a single time. With a non-damage NP she's competing pretty fiercely with better Buster supports and Mothman for Ruler stall shenanigans. She is cute though.

Pejo

Don't forget that you can collect millions of QP every 8 hours during this event so there's an advantage to not waiting till the last minute. Pejo Pejo
How far do i have to get to get the QP millions? Also, is this a new event a rerun? I am currently reading through it and I don't remember any of this. Then again I usually try to remove GUDA stuff from my memory.

deanote666

How far do i have to get to get the QP millions? Also, is this a new event a rerun? I am currently reading through it and I don't remember any of this. Then again I usually try to remove GUDA stuff from my memory.
It's a rerun. It's the event with the clay Nobu that was referenced in the last summer event.

Nobu's brother is in the friend point summons for a limited time right now. Servant coins for him are in the event shop.

Don't have to get far. Need to repair the irrigated field to start the collection and then you can upgrade it as the story goes on to get more for each collection. Each upgrade resets the collection countdown so only upgrade right after you collect.

Last edited:
e2T6Llp.jpg

This is truly Nasu's magnum opus or something. JFC this was long. I think in terms of word count it's almost as long as Mahoyo and that is saying a lot considering Mahoyo is an entire VN and this was just one chapter of an ongoing story. The best parts of this are top tier Nasu but there is way too much time wasting in Part I (Sections 1-10) and then it climaxes too early (that's what she said) and the denouement drags on too long at the end and sucks the drama out of the finish. Get an editor or something, Nasu.

Pejo

deanote666 deanote666 I'll have you know I cleared the event, and not even on the last day. I've also been getting those sweet sweet idle QP rewards, thanks for the heads up on that.

I actually kinda liked the story on this one, the post-final battle scene where Iyo and Himiko are talking was pretty funny. Better than past GUDA stuff.

Top Bottom