• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT2| That's Hell You're Walking Into

deanote666

Rate up of the same type on the same banner should be illegal...

Got 4 Jane before 1 Mary Anne. Even got a Drake (NP4) before the 4* pirates...

Goes to show the 4* from the first summer banner are the rarest in the game. Got Tamamo lancer NP6 before getting summer Mordred NP2.

Now all of my 4*'s are NP2 or higher.

Got my figma Lancer Artoria DX edition in, and wew.

PXL_20230823_181211291.jpg

Also I put the regular Rhongomyniad she came with to use elsewhere...

Pejo

I'll have to post my figs someday.

Anyways, as expected, I should stop rolling right after maintenance. It never goes well. I got Okita Alter after only a handful of tickets, but then got quadruple spooked with archers - Emiya/Atalante/Tomoe/Chiron and not another summer servant since Okita. Still got about half of my quartz, going to do the rest of my rolls tomorrow.

*edit*

Damn, as long as you're not fighting archers, Okita & Rengoku are insanely good/fast quick loopers. Less buttons than Spishtar + Double Castoria too.

Last edited:

deanote666

Got Karna NP4 my first 11 roll.

Got both 4* on my 2nd 11 roll...

Got Okita on roll 329. Mercy is at 330...

Okita NP2, Anastasia NP4, Charlotte NP8.

Maintenance ends at 4am for me so it depends on my bad sleeping habits on how close I get to that. Got on at 5am this morning after only a few hours of sleep. Got woke up and realized it was after 4.

Collected my 2200 day 30 SQ and went rolling.

Last edited:

Pejo

Finished my saved quartz and got Okita NP2, Charlotte NP4. Not a single Ana. Did get 2 more archer spooks though, another Emiya and fucking Napoleon.

I swore I wasn't gonna dump money into packs anymore so I guess I'll be doing interludes/free quests between the event grind to try to get some quartz stock back.

Bullshit that there's no 4* pity.

deanote666

Finished my saved quartz and got Okita NP2, Charlotte NP4. Not a single Ana. Did get 2 more archer spooks though, another Emiya and fucking Napoleon.

I swore I wasn't gonna dump money into packs anymore so I guess I'll be doing interludes/free quests between the event grind to try to get some quartz stock back.

Bullshit that there's no 4* pity.
They say clustering isn't a thing...

Kind of like how I got Tamamo lancer NP6 before Mordred rider NP2...

5* pity is good but I miss the individual 4* rate up cycling.

Last edited:

deanote666

Is she actually useful? I know she's a free Ruler which is rare but I don't see myself grailing her or anything.
Haven't used her much yet but I'd use the coins on the append skills rather than grailing her.

She's the first welfare servant we actually get servant coins for.

Last edited:
Ah shit, this event snuck up on me. Better get to it.

Think I'll save my tickets and quartz, no one I really want from the summer banner. Barring any more Morgan banners, I'm gonna start saving for next year's anniversary servant Arcueid

Last edited:

Pejo

Man the event story is so much better than last year's. I've been having a blast with this one. Okita (alter)'s flashback on how Rengoku became a little girl at the very beginning cracked me up.

deanote666

Man the event story is so much better than last year's. I've been having a blast with this one. Okita (alter)'s flashback on how Rengoku became a little girl at the very beginning cracked me up.
Wait till you get to Caenis's back story

Pejo

FGO Blackbeard is a gift. He's like 20 tropes wrapped up into a single character. I'm surprised they localized the part about him wanting to lose control of his ship so he could sleep near the Nemos.

I've really enjoyed the cast this time. Especially how Mandricardo keeps hovering near the edges of the screen, trying to never be the focal point of a conversation. The only one that's been kind of a dud is Achilles, but you need at least one "normal" personality to bounce all of these lunatics off of. I've had some genuine laughs this time. It's also great to see Caenis' "no bullshit" attitude in some of these situations.

This summer event may have knocked the one about JAlter and the doujins down to 2nd place for my favorite event.

Pejo

I was just thinking while I was grinding treasure chests, which order do you put your characters for the first 3 on field?

I do DPS > Friend Support > My own Support

I never really thought about it until that event with MHX Alter where the center unit got buffs for being the idol "leader" or whatever. I do the main dps on the left so I don't accidentally hit the wrong character to target for buffs, but in thinking about it a little more, it seems more fool proof to put the dps on the right because that's directly under the "ok" button. But then in the same breath I don't like the idea of the DPS being on the far right.

deanote666

I was just thinking while I was grinding treasure chests, which order do you put your characters for the first 3 on field?

I do DPS > Friend Support > My own Support

I never really thought about it until that event with MHX Alter where the center unit got buffs for being the idol "leader" or whatever. I do the main dps on the left so I don't accidentally hit the wrong character to target for buffs, but in thinking about it a little more, it seems more fool proof to put the dps on the right because that's directly under the "ok" button. But then in the same breath I don't like the idea of the DPS being on the far right.
I usually put my buffers on the right but it doesn't matter unless there's a game play mechanic in play (enemy attacks certain slot, servant inflicts death on certain spot, etc.).

Dps - my buffer/2nd dps - Support buffer

I have skill confirmation turned off myself.

Last edited:
I take back what I said and figured I'd give this new banner a try. No Summer Kama for me. But I did get Summer Sei with literally my first ticket lol.

Last edited:

deanote666

First card of my first 10 pull was Kama.

Sei was the last 1 for me to get.

Got all 3 to NP3, got a double 5* with my last Kama and got Bats up to NP5...

Pejo

Had 60 quartz I farmed up with the interludes/free quests while back and forth-ing with the event, got NP2 Caenis. Not terrible actually. At least no off banner spooks. I would have liked to get at least 1 copy of each but it is what it is. After I get most of the shop stuff I want, I'll probably go back and keep farming rank ups/interludes/Free quests and see if I can get another 10 pull or two.

*edit* started pulling stuff out of my mailbox because i was nearing the cursed 400 items, found a few tickets in there that I must have missed from logins or whatever. Managed to get a Sei with them. Her bond levels up insanely fast. I think the first fight I was in with her got to from 0-1 instantly.

Currently farming more strengthenings. I must have missed an update because there were a bunch in there for characters I actually use like Dantes/Drake/Eresh/Illya. When the heck did those drop?

Last edited:

Pejo

Helllllll YES. Got back up to 30 quartz from strengthening quests and threw my hail mary:

s8wB24b.jpg

I'll worry about NP levels on the rerun, managed to get all 6 summer servants. NP2 Okita, NP4 Charlotte, NP2 Caenis and the rest just a single copy, but not a penny spent. Anyways, now I can just focus on casually finishing out the event without getting worn out constantly farming for quartz in other modes.

Also finally cleaned out my mailbox from last year's valentines CEs and made a few CE bombs for the first time. What a time intensive process that is....

Now I don't know which CE to max out. I guess maybe one of my MLB Kaleidoscopes or Binary Star Songstress since I use that on my current Arts looper. Then again it's split between ATK/HP for stats so I'm not sure it's worth using all of that effort to max it out.

Do you guys have any level 100 CEs and if so, which one(s)?

deanote666

My level 100 CE's are Kscopes.

I never worried about making CE bombs, just fed them what I got from the Gatcha when I wasn't burning them.

Kscopes are my go to CE 99.99999% of the time.

Pejo

My level 100 CE's are Kscopes.

I never worried about making CE bombs, just fed them what I got from the Gatcha when I wasn't burning them.
I only did it because it's much less QP to do bombs and I'm always in QP hell, so I figured I'd give it a shot.
Kscopes are my go to CE 99.99999% of the time.
Yea same honestly. Seems like the safest bet since they'll always be good unless we get 100% NP CE with other effects, plus it all goes into attack.

deanote666

I only did it because it's much less QP to do bombs and I'm always in QP hell, so I figured I'd give it a shot.

Yea same honestly. Seems like the safest bet since they'll always be good unless we get 100% NP CE with other effects, plus it all goes into attack.
For my first 11 pull on the Summer 1 banner, I got a copy of the new version of the Kscope that starts out with a higher atk and another regular kscope in a regular pull.

Last edited:

Pejo

For my first 11 pull on the Summer 1 banner, I got a copy of the new version of the Kscope that starts out with a higher atk and another regular kscope in a regular pull.
That's cool, I didn't know they made a new one. Though they could have added something better than just a little more ATK. Crit Stars or NP gain or something...

Anyways, apparently the run up of Castoria/Tonelico into the summer banners really struck gold for Lasagna, plus whatever the other regions are making for summer banners.

bco4gnhx50nb1.jpg

7 billion dollars for FGO across all time and all platforms and all versions. Absolute insanity. And still one of the worst pity mechanics in all of gacha. And their promotional material looks like a 10th grader cobbled it together in Powerpoint 2010.

Well good news is that they probably aren't looking to go EoS anytime soon.

deanote666

That's cool, I didn't know they made a new one. Though they could have added something better than just a little more ATK. Crit Stars or NP gain or something...

Anyways, apparently the run up of Castoria/Tonelico into the summer banners really struck gold for Lasagna, plus whatever the other regions are making for summer banners.

bco4gnhx50nb1.jpg

7 billion dollars for FGO across all time and all platforms and all versions. Absolute insanity. And still one of the worst pity mechanics in all of gacha. And their promotional material looks like a 10th grader cobbled it together in Powerpoint 2010.

Well good news is that they probably aren't looking to go EoS anytime soon.
You're welcome. 🐳🐋

Don't forget to enjoy the event loading icon during the event. Changes when you finish the story.

deanote666

Ended up with NP5 summer Kama, NP5 summer Caenis, NP8 summer Sei, NP2 summer Okita alter, NP4 Karna, NP5 bats, NP3 Nemo, NP5 summer Charlotte, and NP4 summer Anastasia.

Last edited:

Pejo

Ended up with NP5 summer Kama, NP5 summer Caenis, NP8 summer Sei, NP2 summer Okita alter, NP4 Karna, NP5 bats, NP3 Nemo, NP5 summer Charlotte, and NP4 summer Anastasia.
Holy crap. For every dollar I didn't spend you spent like 5 to make up for it. Still, nice haul.

Do you ever regret spending so much money on servants that you likely won't use more than a few times a year? I had a major wakeup moment thinking about it a month or two ago and that's why I decided to curb my gacha spending. I thought about when I NP2'd a lot of servants that I skim right past on my roster just because they were limited, and that's nowhere near the NP4-5 chasing that you do for 5*s.

Anyways, no shame or anything like that, just curious if you have those thoughts too or if it was just me. I think people should be able to spend money on whatever makes them happy.

I have to admit, after getting Kama to final ascension, I actually like her better than Spishtar for general farming, because her NP animation is quite a bit shorter and boobs. She's doing just fine for now with the event buff, not sure how she'll do out of event content but my Spishtar is NP4 now, I wouldn't feel right abandoning all that investment to save like 10 seconds off of a 3 round fight but on the other hand, boobs.

deanote666

Grailed Kama to 100, Skills 10/10/10, 10/10/-. Debating if I want to get the last append skill or leave open the possibility of level 120...

Pejo

deanote666 deanote666 you will be proud. Not only did I finish the event early, but I did all of it including the CQ, emptying the shop, and the points rewards. First time since like year 2 that I've done that in a FGO event.

Anyways, I loved this summer event. 10000x better than last. The actual story was pretty stupid, but the pirating adventure and meta humor was enough for me to enjoy the whole thing. If I had one complaint, it was that Okita was mostly not even in the story until her special chapter with the Gudaguda gang at the very end. She's always a treasure to have on screen. Blackbeard and Douman were surprisingly my favorites this time. The shoehorned Chris/Da Vinci thing at the end was really stupid and the dino thing ended up being almost entirely irrelevant. But anyways, some highlights for me (I missed a bunch that I forgot to screencap):

LarpR1s.jpg

j7LgCy8.jpg

xBJKwLw.jpg

h8dpulB.jpg

Also the sound effects guy was working overtime this time. With the scooby doo-shuffle run noises from Blackbeard's run through the 5th treasure dungeon and the magical bounces from Caenis stepping on heads. I'm glad I actually played with the sound on this time. Wouldn't kill them to use a few different songs than the same 10 standard ones they always use though. I really hate the generic summer battle music. It doesn't even feel summery.

I also used Orion (Grand) NPC in that one treasure quest, and holy shit did he hit like a truck. 1 million dmg crits with only his own skills and a waver ATK up/Crit damage buff. I kinda like the way his kit works, but you're gambling a lot with him to get the right cards or else his potential is completely wasted. I skipped his first banner, I might try to get him down the road.

I had no idea we were so close to getting Jacque/Zenobia. My quartz savings are in the shitter right now, I'm in bad shape and only have like a month to recoup.

deanote666

About time, Pejo Pejo ;)

I finally got around to doing the challenge quest last night. 3 turn with Jalter and 2 command seals.

Took awhile to get the 90,000 points but I kept farming since the chest drops are too good. I need everything from all of the chests...

Had Caenis's interlude still floating around and finished that.

2 parts. Did the first part awhile ago.

Went to do the 2nd part and was thrown into the final boss fight of the 2nd half of LB5.

Went from baking in the kitchen to WORLD ENDING FIGHT back to baking in the kitchen.

Fight was either nurfed or I chose wisely on my party.

Last edited:

deanote666

Also, according to Nasu, Samurai Remnant happens after Shimousa (Pseudo-Singularity 3) but before LB5
Won't know if we'll have a Fate/stay night and fate/zero situation on how one might spoil the other with Samurai Remnant and LB5 until it comes out but you never know when someone might drop a LB5 spoiler talking about certain characters.

Oh wow

Guess I'll put down Starfield and Armored Core VI for this after all, once NIS decides to ship my limited edition.

EDIT: And ship it they did. PS5 Treasure Box edition is inbound.

Last edited:
Top Bottom