• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT2| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Pejo

I just wanted to announce to deanote666 deanote666 that I actually did the limited time anni missions to continue the main story before they expired. That is all. I'm now closing in on the end of LB4.

I have to say, I laughed the hardest I've laughed yet in this game when they essentially added a small and completely unnecessary few lines about "Asha, thanks for the bananas" and forced it into the story just so they could show off their portrait edit of Rama holding a banana.

I don't know why that was so fucking funny to me but I was laughing so hard that my stomach hurt. So fucking stupid. I love this game sometimes.

8th anniversary servant is literally Tonelico/Aesc/Morgan Lily (she's Caster class)

Specific name:
    • 1st/2nd Ascension - Saviour Tonelico (The Witch of Rain Tonelico) (EN will have Tonelico localized as Aesc)
    • 3rd Ascension - The Consort (or Princess) Water Morgan
    [*]

1690705559549787.png

60c.png

Last edited:

Pejo

Bruh.... ANOTHER Artoria alt?

iu

How are people still getting excited for that garbage?

*edit*

Just wanted to add - Takeuchi's a hack.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
Not sure if i use the quartz to attempt saummoning Summer Castoria, or if i keep it to increase my chances of selling my account

But i gotta admit, she's cute and my new waifu

deanote666

UMU (translation: let's gooo!)

Dusted off Merlin for the first time in awhile.

For Herc, doubled Merlin'd with Abby and finished with almost full health on everybody. Didn't even use the damage increase CE.

For Scath, bring a debuff removal mystic code/servant. On round/lineup 3, make sure you take out Cu on the first turn because he spams evade if he lives.

4 CE drops so far.

Last edited:
Took out Herc with Morgan/Merlin/Castoria, no event CEs.

It took 28 turns but I simply laughed at him as he never did any damage to me.

Here, right before I axed him for good with a Merlin Brave Chain.

Haven't given the other one a go yet, been farming the 90+ node for those Berserker gems that I badly need.

I failed to get my Morgan to NP3, ah well. I know she gets a bunch of banners after this.

She's Level 106 with 10/10/6 skills atm. Working on farming those gems. Coins, though, gonna take some bond leveling (she's at 6, but I only have 1 grail left)

Pejo

Hell yeaaaa, Brad got a strengthening FINALLY. Eases her NP requirements for looping by increasing the targeted NP amount and giving an NP gain buff, pretty much exactly what I wanted.

Not gonna be super OP or anything, but she'll be a comfy event farmer after this as long as I'm not trying 90++ nodes.

We usually get these quite a bit earlier than JP, so bring it on. After this buff, I think I'll finally take her to 120. I was having a hard time figuring out which servant to do.

hpvgav8osgfb1.jpg

deanote666

Up to box 15, have most of the shop cleared.

Had to grit my teeth through the Hassan fight. Nothing special besides the ones that use death on the servant that defeats them. The damage boost CE gives the guts buff. The last one deals death to the entire party.

Had to use 5* golden boy on Siegfried. Used castoria and Koyan to boost him up.

Edit: shop cleared, past box 23. Got 3 MLB petal CE.

Last edited:

deanote666

For those that haven't beat all of LB5, be careful looking up things about Fate/Samurai Remnant as it could result in seeing spoilers related to a character in LB5. ( Pejo Pejo )

Last edited:

deanote666

3 turned the Gilgamesh quest with Arash, Nagao, Chen Gong, dual castoria, and Oberon.

5 turned the Medb quest with Arash, Chen Gong, dual castoria, Space Ishtar, Senji Muramasa.

Passed prize box 42. I slacked off today.

Was able to 4 turn all-out UMU with level 120 Space Ishtar, dual castoria, and Skadi.

Was able to 4 turn prototype UMU with Asclepius, Senji Muramasa, and dual castoria.

Last edited:
Finally got Morgan's skills to 10/10/10...so much farming I did on that Berserker Champion node before it changed (and think I've gone through 10 boxes or so)

A day of rest...then back to farming the boxes.

Finished UMU and Prototype UMU fights with the good old fashioned invincible team (Morgan, Merlin, Castoria + Atlas MC).

20 turns for UMU, 21 for Prototype.

Sorta related but I'm embarrassed.

It took me 11-12 years (aka between when I watched Fate/Zero as it aired and now) to realize the first ED was based on actual artwork of all the characters.

I found this in my Youtube recs and it enlightened me.

Also I've ordered figma Saber 2.0 and Mordred...I just need figma Lancer Altria for Rhongomyniad and I can recreate that Camlann scene.

Last edited:

deanote666

Got through Spartacus with Abby, castoria, and Waver, no fatalities.

Suzu was a nail bitter with the last break bar. Didn't really align with the good/neutral/evil stuff but managed to bulldoze through. Used MHX alter, castoria, waver, Okita, Jack, Mash.

Misread the description for Arash apparently. His NP can go through evade as well so castoria spam is the way to go.

deanote666

gTOlJQ8.jpg
Spent probably close to 500,000 FP and got nothing since I finished LB6 and this happened within a few rolls of each other...

RNG clustering is a lie they said...

Last edited:

deanote666

Did the Karna/Arjuna node with Morgan, Waver, Castoria, Enkidu, Sigfried, Mash. Limped to the finish against Karna where I was doing a few thousand damage per turn. His last turn, he had 400 HP and a full NP gauge. Had Mash keep Enkidu standing and got him the next turn.

Botched my DaVinci run but made it through. Morgan, waver, castoria, Raiden, space ishtar, mash. Wasted a command seal my first run since I didn't read up enough first.

Up to 11 bonus petal drops. Got 4 MLB CE and an extra copy.

Up to box 99.

Last edited:

Something the algorithm spat out at me.

Oh, that's a fun and short series. I marathoned all the fansubbed episodes earlier this week lol.

Last edited:

deanote666

Oh, that's a fun and short series. I marathoned all the fansubbed episodes earlier this week lol.

It's good to know they know what they created.

My phone carrier went to 💩 this past week, which limited my farming. FGO would only work on wifi and my home wifi hasn't been called fast in 20 years.

They finally got their act together and my phone service is working again. Even got a free month since I complained.
5PRiDdt.jpg

Despite that, I've made it to prize box 130. 1 CE drop away from my 5th MLB petal CE.

Debating if I'm doing the last 3 challenge quests. Spent an hour trying to do First Hassan.

Edit:

Last edited:

deanote666

Went back and did First Hassan. Used Illya, castoria, Merlin, Skadi. Give Illya all the buffs and switch her to the back with Skadi. Spam NP's to survive until the switch skill resets and switch her back with Skadi. Make sure you use Skadi's NP on the same turn as First Hassan's NP. I did it in 18 turns since I needed to use a skill to get Skadi's NP up and waited till the skill reset before bringing out Illya again. Stun him the same turn you break the first HP bar.

For bloomer Nero 90++, I cheesed it with spamming Space Ishtar's NP with Skadi, Castoria, and Merlin in the back. Swapped out Skadi for Merlin when I used her skills up. Had Morgan as backup but wasn't needed.

For bloomer Nero EX, I used the same strategy. Got lucky with a brave chain for Space Ishtar and was able to take Nero out in a single turn. Had to use a stun on Fuuma. Struggled at the end because I didn't notice Bryn's art resist and I had used Space Ishtar's skill on her Art NP. Was able to whittle her down until Morgan burst from the shade and took out what was left of her.

This is the first Nerofest where I completed every challenge quest.

Got petal CE copy #31. 14 have dropped from this rerun alone.

Last edited:

Pejo

Summer JP servants look great. All except stupid ass Castoria overload. Chloe and Suzuka especially look fantastic, their NPs are really high quality for 4*s.

deanote666

This one hit me hard.

Lost track of how many apples I've burned. Probably 70 gold and 600 bronze with some silver mixed in. Gained about 17,000,000 master xp. On box 144.

Pejo

Just started farming this event. Probably will try to make it to box 8~ish or so before it ends. It's an easy but time consuming farm. Wish they'd just implement a built in macro mode or like 4x AP usage per quest run for 4x the rewards.

Which challenge quests do you guys think are the easiest? I kinda want some of those tickets but I always suck at these things because I only ever level my servant skills to ~4. Then, come challenge quest time, I need them higher, then I run into a QP/resource problem trying to build characters for the quests.

deanote666

Just started farming this event. Probably will try to make it to box 8~ish or so before it ends. It's an easy but time consuming farm. Wish they'd just implement a built in macro mode or like 4x AP usage per quest run for 4x the rewards.

Which challenge quests do you guys think are the easiest? I kinda want some of those tickets but I always suck at these things because I only ever level my servant skills to ~4. Then, come challenge quest time, I need them higher, then I run into a QP/resource problem trying to build characters for the quests.
I've been farming the Conqueror Shiny and the Bride node for petals. I had the shop cleared on day 2 but I used the mana prism reward node to farm the medals for the shop.

I've been 3 turning Space Ishtar for the event.
YvxC8if.jpg

Ironically, I thought the Nero quests were the easiest. Just use your strongest neutral/berserker AoE looping servant until everything is dead. Just read the description for the quests first.

Didn't have too many issues with Spartacus and Arash. Gilgamesh and Medb weren't too bad.

I gave a general layout of my strategy for each round throughout this thread. Ones I was too lazy to figure out, I looked them up on youtube. If you lookup first hassan, use the guide that uses Illya.

Up to about box 170 myself.

Last edited:
Sounds like the Summer Chloe art is what broke that subreddit.

Of all the things to be triggered by...

I think it's due to two things. Apparently their discord is "officially recognized" or something, then also Reddit admins having already breathed down their necks back when Summer Abby came out.

I still think it's asinine to censor what's included in the game, but w/e.

Like, no one bitches this much about Azur Lane or Blue Archive, do they? Lol

Last edited:

Pejo

I think it's due to two things. Apparently their discord is "officially recognized" or something, then also Reddit admins having already breathed down their necks back when Summer Abby came out.

I still think it's asinine to censor what's included in the game, but w/e.

Like, no one bitches this much about Azur Lane or Blue Archive, do they? Lol
Damn, they are really that butthurt over Chloe? What a bunch of fucking prudes. D*scord can suck a dick to begin with, but it's disappointing for the subreddit to even have to worry about that with the likes of Blue Archive being just fine, like you said.

Damn, they are really that butthurt over Chloe? What a bunch of fucking prudes. D*scord can suck a dick to begin with, but it's disappointing for the subreddit to even have to worry about that with the likes of Blue Archive being just fine, like you said.

Yeah, get this shit

The following card arts may not be posted on the subreddit, either directly or in edits.

• Jack [Second Ascension]
  • Helena (Summer/Archer) [Final Ascension]
  • Chiyome [First and Final Ascension]
  • Abigail Williams [Third Ascension and Final Ascension]
  • Abigail Williams (Summer) [First and Final Ascension]
  • Wu Zetian [All Ascension Art Except First]
  • Sitonai [Final Ascension]
  • Fairy Knight Lancelot [Final Ascension]
  • Draco/Nero Beast [Second Ascension]
  • Chloe/Kuro (Summer) - Note: Summer Chloe's 1st ascension art is passable for now, but all NP demonstrations and other ascension art will be banned.
  • Melusine (Summer) - All Art is banned till we know if there is a SFW Ascension
Note 1: This is not a comprehensive list yet, and may be expanded in the future. This is just to generally know that we will begin pulling in-game assets on a "Just-In-Case" basis so that the Admins do not nuke us.

Note 2: This does not affect OC Fanart.

Absolute insanity. Was this a post on the subreddit or something? I don't see it.

Truth is r/grandorder got randomly banned by accident along with some other subreddits, but they assumed it was due to Summer Chloe in a bikini in one of her ascension arts.

I've seen more explicit loli art elsewhere and no ban. They just have a bunch of western moralists in charge I think (I say this as a US resident lol)

Last edited:

Pejo

Truth is r/grandorder got randomly banned by accident along with some other subreddits, but they assumed it was due to Summer Chloe in a bikini in one of her ascension arts.

I've seen more explicit loli art elsewhere and no ban. They just have a bunch of western moralfags in charge I think (I say this as a US resident lol)

What a clown show. The comments are more sensible than I was expecting though. Ah well, looks like I'll just stick to gamepress for news and I guess here for discussion. Hopefully we get some more people chatting since it's just you, me, and deanote666 deanote666 currently.

Reddit as of this morning has also made it impossible to hotlink directly to images or to save an image from their desktop site without having specific browser plugins to enable it. Now all images save by default as .htm files. They already tried curtailing it a few months ago by changing all images to .webp which is a worthless format, through their CDN. Can't wait for them to go the way of Digg honestly.

*edit*

Just did that start dash thing and got a Shishou NP level, definitely worth it for 11 quartz. It was cool of them to offer it to all players instead of just newbies.

Last edited:

deanote666

Can't say I'm a fan of some of the loli art but they're just drawings. I keep characters like Jack and Abby at a lower ascension level and move on.

Got DaVinci caster NP3...

Last edited:

Pejo

Summer Melusine's NP is absolutely epic

Of course, I had to see if a certain song would sync up with it...and it does lol.

Holy shit I'm a little behind, but that's amazing. Can't wait to buzz the tower with one of the Nemos yelling at me.

Speaking of summer, just got notice that NA summer pre-release event is coming. This is my chance to make it through some lostbelts and interludes and stock up on my F2P Quartz. Out of the new summer servants, I really want NP2 Okita and NP2+ Caenis, that's my only specific goal this time. Hoping to get an Anastasia and Charlotte or two along the way. Kama if I get really lucky would be nice, but I'm being realistic since I decided to cut back spending on gacha games. Definitely going to go all out in 2 years for Chloe, Baobhan, and Melusine though, they all look great.

deanote666

Holy shit I'm a little behind, but that's amazing. Can't wait to buzz the tower with one of the Nemos yelling at me.

Speaking of summer, just got notice that NA summer pre-release event is coming. This is my chance to make it through some lostbelts and interludes and stock up on my F2P Quartz. Out of the new summer servants, I really want NP2 Okita and NP2+ Caenis, that's my only specific goal this time. Hoping to get an Anastasia and Charlotte or two along the way. Kama if I get really lucky would be nice, but I'm being realistic since I decided to cut back spending on gacha games. Definitely going to go all out in 2 years for Chloe, Baobhan, and Melusine though, they all look great.
Leyline stones expire in 10 days. You'll want them for the 2nd part of LB5.

Top Bottom