• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT2| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Pejo

Got brad at np8 myself. She has a good np animation. ;)

Lakshmi visited again. Got 4 between morgan and lancelot banners...

Got lancelot... at pity...

I need to learn how to sell fluids...
leaving season 4 GIF

Man I was today years old when I realized that there's both a Koyanskaya of Light and a Koyanskaya of Darkness.

The Assassin one (Light) is the Buster loop enabler, right?

Also, do any of you guys have the general flow for how Buster loop works with Koyanskaya? Is it just AoE Buster NP + 2 Koyanskayas or is there a non-dupe iteration so you don't have to depend on supports?

FB_IMG_1687345774733.jpg

My experience trying for Lancelot. Though I only had 90 quartz and a ticket, so I wasn't expecting much.

Also, seeing from other people that have completed Part 2, Part 3 will unlock on July 10. So I guess the week before will be Anniversary/Koyanskaya and Oberon will be a week after? I might actually have to pull my wallet out for this madness.

Last edited:

deanote666

How on earth did you end up with Arash as your last servant instead of the first to die?
I used my default farming party with 3 turn Ishtar. Arash was holding a bond point CE in the back since he's working on a 30 SQ bond level.

FB_IMG_1687345774733.jpg

My experience trying for Lancelot. Though I only had 90 quartz and a ticket, so I wasn't expecting much.

Also, seeing from other people that have completed Part 2, Part 3 will unlock on July 10. So I guess the week before will be Anniversary/Koyanskaya and Oberon will be a week after? I might actually have to pull my wallet out for this madness.
I ended up getting him NP7 while trying to get Lancelot... Took me a lot more than 90SQ just to get one copy of the dude. Lancelot is the first servant that required me hitting pity to get...

I just hit the last section of part 1 myself.

Last edited:

deanote666

Needs to be an option to get some sq refund when you burn multiple 11 pulls...

That moment when you pull kscope #30...

Last edited:

Pejo

Too bad it's only a display glitch...
Make sure you can afford rent/your mortgage. Lancelot gets a rerun in a few months lol.

After stopping at launch night, I ended up getting her to NP2 in 4 multis. I should really never pull immediately after the banners go live, I have better luck the following day.

deanote666

Got her to NP2...

Gatcha givith and gatcha takith.

Hopefully she's loopable later on.

Got mixed luck. Seems more like the banners themselves than day/time. Depends on where the rng clustering lands. Some banners throw them at me, others i can't get anything.

Pejo

Now if we get rid of that ugly ass Oritnax armor either for the old one or a new one that looks better. That stupid VR facemask sucks so much.

Pejo

Sounds like Nasu hasn't decided if he's going to continue FGO after story 2.5 concludes (not to be confused with lost belt 5).
Where did you read this? what's the context? Does that just mean the game ends or he's done writing scenarios for it himself?

That blows if the game's gonna end because they're probably gonna cut NA/other territory versions early once JP ends.

deanote666

Where did you read this? what's the context? Does that just mean the game ends or he's done writing scenarios for it himself?

That blows if the game's gonna end because they're probably gonna cut NA/other territory versions early once JP ends.
Saw someone say that it was from an interview when Nasu was trending on twitter. I haven't verified it yet so it could be bogus. Don't know if that's the end of his involvement or the app itself.

Hopefully they'd at least translate the rest, give us an offline theater mode at least...

Last edited:

Pejo

Saw someone say that it was from an interview when Nasu was trending on twitter. I haven't verified it yet so it could be bogus. Don't know if that's the end of his involvement or the app itself.

Hopefully they'd at least translate the rest, give us an offline theater mode at least...
I just can't see them killing the game when it's still so incredibly profitable in JP. NA version always has me worrying a bit. I wish they'd do a slightly accelerated schedule to get us more in line with JP so that when JP ends, we are only a few months behind instead of 2 years.

Pejo

Ah nuts. I didn't realize that these touring CEs were progress lost to clearing certain lostbelts. Fuckin' A.

Looks like I either have to bum rush like 3 lostbelts in 12 days or just accept one of the ones I can get...

I actually really like Mozart's, but I wouldn't pick it. Shit, I can't even get the 2nd ticket unless I beat LB5

deanote666

Ah nuts. I didn't realize that these touring CEs were progress lost to clearing certain lostbelts. Fuckin' A.

Looks like I either have to bum rush like 3 lostbelts in 12 days or just accept one of the ones I can get...

I actually really like Mozart's, but I wouldn't pick it. Shit, I can't even get the 2nd ticket unless I beat LB5
One CE ticket and 1 command code are locked behind the lost belt 5 part 2 requirement so it isn't too bad.

Pejo

Good luck on your Koyanskayas gentlemen. Here's a summoning circle I found earlier for good luck:

fkf60vuomm9b1.png

deanote666

Good luck on your Koyanskayas gentlemen. Here's a summoning circle I found earlier for good luck:

fkf60vuomm9b1.png
That actually did help.

Didn't blow through all my free SQ for once... Unless I want to NP2...

Accidentally did a pull on the story banner instead of the FP banner...

Got 5* Romulus on GSSR and 5* Cu zerker on the pick SSR. (Still mad how weak playable 5* Romulus feels).

CxDeBHl.jpg
bTTPZaU.jpg

Last edited:

deanote666

Yeah, no Koyan for me. Looks like getting Morgan twice took all my luck lol.

Only new servant I got was Caenis.
It's funny. I got a bunch of Caenis on koyan banner and a copy from the GSSR.

I had to pay for skadi and castoria on their original banners so this is the best anni luck I've had in 3 years.

Guess emergency maintenance is because each enhancement was a great success.

Pejo

Well I got Vitch but it wasn't easy or cheap. Used all my saved quartz and had to buy a few packs. I found her ascension lines about making me lose everything and then bringing me up from rock bottom a little too poignant. Got about 20000 valkyries on the banner too. Rare prisms for the anni shop, I guess.

GSSR got me summertime Abby (again) bringing her to NP5, probably my most useless 5* NP5 that I have, but whatever. Apparently she's usable in Buster looping, so I guess i'll give her a try in those berserker heavy nodes. I also finally got another copy of Fae Gawain on the GSSR banner which was a win.

Select-a-SSR I finished my NP5 Bradamante, now to wait for her to get a skill buff/strengthening so I can use her more reliably in Quick looping for easy farming content. Dat ass.

I didn't really know much about buster looping with Vitch, so I found this video which gives you a tier list on how to use which servants:

Basically it boils down to:

High Tier (easy to hit NP amounts with only NP Start CE )
  • Artoria (saber)
  • Cu (caster)
  • Emiya (archer)
Mid Tier (requires Atlas Academy MC and MLB Kaleidoscope)
  • Mordred (saber)
  • Ibuki (saber)
  • Tesla
  • Ishtar (archer)
  • Ereshkigal
  • Artoria (lancer)
  • Drake
  • Avicebron
  • Nero (caster)
  • Morgan
  • Summer BB
  • Artoria (ruler)
  • SpIshtar (Buster mode)
  • Summer Abby
Low Tier (Shenanigans and 3rd NP battery required)
  • Artoria Alter (saber)
  • Gilgamesh (archer)
  • Melusine (Buster mode)
  • Semiramis
  • Vitch herself
  • Arjuna Alter

It looks like the benefits themselves are that buster doesn't care about how many enemies are in a wave (as long as its 3 or less), nor about which type they are as the refund doesn't matter. It's all about battery skills and cooldown reduction. Downside is that there's less of a damage ceiling since it's very restrictive on skill order, composition, mystic code, and CEs.

I'll have to test it out, but I think that Arts looping will probably stay my default unless it's one of those annoying assassin/berserker farm stages or early farm stages where there aren't enough enemies to get a full refund each stage. Still, it's nice to have options and my Drake is gonna murder caster-heavy stages.

From what I've read before, Buster looping won't get truly good until Oberon.

But yeah, my double Castoria + NP1 Spishtar (max append skill 2 for the 20% NP) setup still works fine for most farming things.

Pejo

From what I've read before, Buster looping won't get truly good until Oberon.

But yeah, my double Castoria + NP1 Spishtar (max append skill 2 for the 20% NP) setup still works fine for most farming things.
So wait, with Oberon, does that mean you can self- buster loop without reliance on other players' supports? That's huge for me personally.

So wait, with Oberon, does that mean you can self- buster loop without reliance on other players' supports? That's huge for me personally.

No, you'll still need double Koyan (yours + a support) apparently.

But if anyone knows of or has seen an example otherwise, please share.

Last edited:
The only way to not have Oberon when running double Koyanskaya farming is to have a Superscope. And only on Buster Servants who have their own NP gauge skill.

Pejo

I rarely level servants skills above 4/6, so when a meta support drops I always get exasperated with how fucking expensive it is to go to skill level 10, as far as QP. The irony is that I want to practice using Drake + double Vitch on doors, but I have to farm doors to level up Vitch and Drake's skills.

Back to ol' reliable SpIshtar + Double Castoria.

*edit*

I forgot that I just NP5'd Brad, and gentlemen, it brings me great joy to announce that I can finally reliably 3-turn farm doors with Brad + Double Skadi. Each of the first two rounds gives over 30 NP refund, finally.

Triple dat ass has arrived!

Last edited:
I forgot that I just NP5'd Brad, and gentlemen, it brings me great joy to announce that I can finally reliably 3-turn farm doors with Brad + Double Skadi. Each of the first two rounds gives over 30 NP refund, finally.

Huh, I had Brad, but was using Atalante with double Skadi before I got Spishtar. That's good info to know.

Pejo

Huh, I had Brad, but was using Atalante with double Skadi before I got Spishtar. That's good info to know.
Fair warning, she didn't work until NP5. Even at Np4 her refund wasn't reliable to hit over 30 so that I could top her off with Atlas Academy/her own NP battery + a Skadi 50%. They did their damnedest to make sure she was unloopable. I just railed against it with 2 years in a row of GSSR selections plus a few off-banner spooks.

Now that I know it's possible though, I'll be grailing her to 100 and fou'ing her.

Also I wish I'd know about the EXP Great Success being bugged. I thought I was just lucky getting Lancer Artoria (my 5* ticket pick) leveled so quick, I could have gotten my Morgan to 102 :(

Last edited:

deanote666

The only way to not have Oberon when running double Koyanskaya farming is to have a Superscope. And only on Buster Servants who have their own NP gauge skill.
Got my level 100 kscope on Morgan and still haven't found the skill combination yet to 3 turn NP that doesn't require a 4th character, specific mystic code.

I rarely level servants skills above 4/6, so when a meta support drops I always get exasperated with how fucking expensive it is to go to skill level 10, as far as QP. The irony is that I want to practice using Drake + double Vitch on doors, but I have to farm doors to level up Vitch and Drake's skills.

Back to ol' reliable SpIshtar + Double Castoria.

*edit*

Triple dat ass has arrived!
Since you aren't using AP on story quests (;)), just use it all farming QP with QP CE and you shouldn't ever have a problem with QP.

Always farm the heck out of lotto events.

If nothing else, there's a 1 time story quest in LB6 that drops 100,000,000 QP.

Last edited:

deanote666

Guess the maintenance was for glitched extra quests that gave extra sq.

I didn't realize it was a glitch and used them.

Think I got an extra 30-40 sq.

Good thing I did since they took them back if you still had them.

Pejo

Got my level 100 kscope on Morgan and still haven't found the skill combination yet to 3 turn NP that doesn't require a 4th character, specific mystic code.
Here's a better breakdown than my last video of how it actually works. You will always need either MLB Kscope + Atlas Academy MC OR plugsuit + 2nd NP battery, or some various other shenanigans. More screen clicks is why I don't think i'll be using this over Arts loop except in specific nodes where you can't get enough refund from Arts. Like I mentioned before, its main advantages are for when its less than 3 enemies per wave OR unfavorable classes that don't give enough refund like assassins or berserkers.

Since you aren't using AP on story quests (;)), just use it all farming QP with QP CE and you shouldn't ever have a problem with QP.

Always farm the heck out of lotto events.

If nothing else, there's a 1 time story quest in LB6 that drops 100,000,000 QP.
I just find it funny that I get enough materials and stuff for general gameplay by playing events and occasionally burning daily AP, but QP is always a "must farm" situation where the game only gives you a drip feed compared to the 20 mil you need to go from skill 9-10.

At least my Ember needs are mostly done now. I used to farm those exclusively. I still don't have all characters to max ascension, but I at least have all the ones I like/would use to max.

deanote666

Here's a better breakdown than my last video of how it actually works. You will always need either MLB Kscope + Atlas Academy MC OR plugsuit + 2nd NP battery, or some various other shenanigans. More screen clicks is why I don't think i'll be using this over Arts loop except in specific nodes where you can't get enough refund from Arts. Like I mentioned before, its main advantages are for when its less than 3 enemies per wave OR unfavorable classes that don't give enough refund like assassins or berserkers.

I just find it funny that I get enough materials and stuff for general gameplay by playing events and occasionally burning daily AP, but QP is always a "must farm" situation where the game only gives you a drip feed compared to the 20 mil you need to go from skill 9-10.

At least my Ember needs are mostly done now. I used to farm those exclusively. I still don't have all characters to max ascension, but I at least have all the ones I like/would use to max.

If you are using QP CE, you should be getting several million per run on the strongest node.

Last edited:

deanote666

Last edited:
Top Bottom