• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like Blizzard got hit with a huge DDOS attack?

lazygecko

Their whole service has been down for well over an hour now and nobody can access any of their games, be it WoW or Overwatch or Hearthstone. There hasn't been any official statement yet as far as I can tell. This being an easter sunday also makes it one of the worst possible times for this to happen when employees are probably on holiday.

jediyoshi

XX1x5yJ.png

ripperino

AU here, 2631min login queue just to launch Battle.net app, seems to be getting worse an hour ago I was in the app but couldn't get into Overwatch due to 5000 line queue.

karasu

No! Now, what will I do? I just ate a huge breakfast and primed myself for some Overwatch. I was gonna learn Sombra today fuckdammit

There are still 70,000 people watching people play Hearthstone on Twitch, so things dont seem that bad.

So, why the DDOS? Did I miss someone else coming out as a homosexual?

Milennia

they usually mention it was a ddos attack in their original CS post, they didnt this time meaning its probably authentication server issues.

lazygecko

they usually mention it was a ddos attack in their original CS post, they didnt this time meaning its probably authentication server issues.

They have a tendency to happen during holidays for some reason. First thing I did was try and check the site and forums which didn't work at all, so it was more than just authentication servers. The forums just started working again a couple of minutes ago.

Milennia

They have a tendency to happen during holidays for some reason. First thing I did was try and check the site and forums which didn't work at all, so it was more than just authentication servers. The forums just started working again a couple of minutes ago.

Some friends remained online and those who were kicked couldn't log back in, which is just authentication, can't speak for the sites but whenever their stuff goes down all of it does for whatever reason.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I got my 5th bad legendary in a row, it had to be done.

Quantum

It wasn't really a big deal when the issue died 3 days ago. It's a much bigger deal today when the issue has been ressurected.

so good.

- I was going to try to grind bounties in D3 this morning, but this might be the thing that ends my season 10 - the ancient primal are addictive to me, and the demon hunter should just be able to cube the Karlei's Point....

(300 tries later...)

shira

speed lord‏ @kilIingharmony 8m8 minutes ago
Replying to @BlizzardCS

the servers are going to resurrect the same day jesus did

Azzurri

I love how upset people get when servers take a shit. I understand you wanna play, but man just do something else for the time being.

kennah

It's difficult when people plan a day of it and a wrench gets thrown in their plans.
Yep. It's totally going to go back online five seconds before I have to go to my father in law's for brunch today. Planned all morning of bounty grinding :(

Fularu

Banned
That sounds pretty serious.

Power outage are prety serious when it comes to servers hardware. At work we have alamrs going off if the power stops and the systems start using our APC units because it means we have about 60 minutes to turn off everything properly.

The last time we had a complete outage on a sunday, it took us 3 days to get everything up and running correctly because people couldn't get to the site in time to fix things.

Stevey

I can get into Diablo 3 on EU, but Overwatch wont connect to servers

Edit: Works fine now after an update

TheContact

Their whole service has been down for well over an hour now and nobody can access any of their games, be it WoW or Overwatch or Hearthstone. There hasn't been any official statement yet as far as I can tell. This being an easter sunday also makes it one of the worst possible times for this to happen when employees are probably on holiday.

there's people out there who like to do this on holidays. i think lizard squad took down xbox live or something for christmas. the thing about ddos is it requires very little skill to pull off; usually it's just about who has the money to buy a botnet and they just pick an IP and hit a button

NEO0MJ

Strange, I just entered Overwatch right now. Didn't play a game though, I just wanted to claim my loot box.

Top Bottom