• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MacWorld 07: The first 30 years were just the beginning... (iPhone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
White Man said:
So I've been told by someone that does the tech blog circuit that OSX is apparently going to be fairly restricted in iPhone, and it is unlikely that any apps not made or approved by Apple will run on the iPhone.

If that's true I am completely uninterested in it now.
Welcome in the "disappointed" side. BTW, completely uninterested? The device itself in one of the coolest thing ever, we can't deny this fact. The software? Other that the iPod and Safari built in, the fact that in not open for development kinda kill it as you pointed out. The device is the obvious pre-mobile OS X platform which is why I'm so hyped for it

White Man

VicAlpha said:
Welcome in the "disappointed" side. BTW, completely uninterested? The device itself in one of the coolest thing ever, we can't deny this fact. The software? Other that the iPod and Safari built in, the fact that in not open for development kinda kill it as you pointed out. The device is the obvious pre-mobile OS X platform which is why I'm so hyped for it

Yeah, completely uninterested in owning one. I'll wait once there's an actual, open mobile OS X platform. This is just a cell phone with a slick interface and the ability to play mp3s, and yes, it's really slick, but I have little interest in paying that much money for what is effectively a closed platform.

And after a few days of thinking, I'm not sure I like the idea of Apple moving so far from computers. They're making some cool little things, but we just had the Superbowl of Apple, and there wasn't anything new unveiled as far as their computers of their OS.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
White Man said:
Yeah, completely uninterested in owning one. I'll wait once there's an actual, open mobile OS X platform. This is just a cell phone with a slick interface and the ability to play mp3s, and yes, it's really slick, but I have little interest in paying that much money for what is effectively a closed platform.

And after a few days of thinking, I'm not sure I like the idea of Apple moving so far from computers. They're making some cool little things, but we just had the Superbowl of Apple, and there wasn't anything new unveiled as far as their computers of their OS.
Other than a couple of quad-core desktop/laptop(?) announcements and some Leopard bits, I don't think they have a lot to show these days but hey, it's Apple so we never know what they'll bring up

mrkgoo

White Man said:

that's teh thing...they did overhype it, but i really don't think they're trying to penetrate the 'PDS' market. It's suppoed to be only a phone with iPod, plus a few otehr features. I think it was a bit misleadign to really put it up agaisnt other PDAs, since the iPhone itself isn't trying to be one.

Chances are, the software they will get running for will include some really handy widgets, like conversion tool and translator from OSX. Those are swanky.

The iPhone was such a big deal for Steve Jobs, I think everything else was swept away for the mean time to let the hype build for the phone. I'm guessing Leopard will have some great stuff, which will be announced shortyl, as well as updates to their computers. Adobe with Photoshop CS3, and Mac Office2008 are coming too.

Nick

-jinx- said:
I heard that you could read emails...but not SEND emails. Can anyone confirm or deny?
Deny. Watch the keynote (now conveniently downloaded as a podcast via iTunes).

so how long till the keynote starts? cant wait!

iivSK.gif

edit: omg. this is the old iphone thread. how did this happen. i used google search, must have misclicked. omg. sorry for the bump

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Earl Cazone said:

http://i.imgur.com/iivSK.gif[IMG]

edit: omg. this is the old iphone thread. how did this happen. i used google search, must have misclicked. omg. sorry for the bump[/QUOTE]
OFF WITH HIS HEAD!

mrkgoo

Earl Cazone said:

iivSK.gif

edit: omg. this is the old iphone thread. how did this happen. i used google search, must have misclicked. omg. sorry for the bump
You are not good with computer!

RBH

Earl Cazone said:

iivSK.gif

:lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom