• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is this new to PS4 DRM?

jsnepo

The DRM now requires the activated PS4 to be online at least once every two days. The Internet at home isn't too great thus my PS4 there is often offline. Noticed this two days ago. Confirmed it just today. Anyone else noticed this?

Tratorn

Your account needs to be set as primary and this wont happen.

But if it isn't set to primary he shouldn't be able to play those games at all if he is offline I think.
Or is it possible to go online for a minute without a primary PS4 and then play all games offline for one whole day?

Floody

Haven't experienced that here. My account is the active account on my brother's PS4 and his on mine, haven't signed into his for months.

Will update my comment if I ever run into it.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
The DRM now requires the activated PS4 to be online at least once every two days. The Internet at home isn't too great thus my PS4 there is often offline. Noticed this two days ago. Confirmed it just today. Anyone else noticed this?

Maybe show us a screenshot? First time I've heard of this.

My fiancées PS4 is registered as my primary system, and I logged out of it about a month ago and it was still letting her access all my content last night.

jsnepo

Maybe show us a screenshot? First time I've heard of this.

Not at home right now. There's no error message. It's that the games that I own on my account cannot be played by another account until I go online. The games installed suddenly have this lock icon. It disappears when the console goes online and it will work offline for two days. Going online solves the problem again.

Tratorn

Wait, set both PS4s to primary?

Both PS4s? Never saw him talking about two.

What I mean:

If you want to play games of your account offline, the account must set the PS4 you're playing on as primary. And that must be done for every account where you bought a game that you want to play offline.

farisr

My console is offline for weeks at a time sometimes, and I regularly play games from other primaries on other acccounts. Haven't experienced anything like that yet.

jsnepo

I guess it's only me. Weird.

Actually this issue just started this week. Never had issues playing games offline before this week.

That's weird my girlfriend has had my PS4 and plays on her account without being online for more than a month now. She has never asked me to log in my account for her to play.

Your PS4 needs to be set to primary.

panda-zebra

Banned
I guess it's only me. Weird.

Actually this issue just started this week. Never had issues playing games offline before this week.

Go to the SEN website and check which ps4s each of these accounts have set as primary? You don't seem to be responding to Tratorn's advice.

jsnepo

Go to the SEN website and check which ps4s each of these accounts have set as primary? You don't seem to be responding to Tratorn's advice.

Good idea. Let me check.

edit: There's one there and it only says My PS4. Gonna check this again when I get home.

Top Bottom