• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buff dudes, shirtless or in suits, getting it on with each others

So I've been thinking about how I think I have a thing for shirtless buff dudes fighting. I'm a fan of the Yakuza franchise and you can't do more manly than that and they always end up ripping their clothes off to fight shirtless in a climatic battle (in Yakuza, going shirtless means shit is about to go down)

Look at this mofo :
tumblr_nlhvmiof8R1rsl35ao1_1280.jpg

Beating dudes like no tomorrow :
tumblr_nlhvmiof8R1rsl35ao2_1280.jpg

Or his best pal :
CE71O1_VIAEj_ic.jpg

" I'm going to hell and I'm taking each and every one of you with me "
maxresdefault.jpg

But it's not limited to Yakuza (and my affection and connection with these characters, I developed over the years). Recentlly Urien was released for Street Fighter V and I know NOTHING about Street Fighter but LOOK AT THIS MOTHERFUCKER :

latest

I mean look at him :
urien.jpg

LOOK AT HIM :
street-fighter-5-dlc-character-urien.jpg

He's so boss. He's so imposing and composed. I want to challenge the fucker, I want to beat the crap out of him. He's a perfect boss character. I want to beat this shit out of punks as him.

I think the suit makes it all... (let's ignore his loin underwear costume)

More recently, a certain boss in Persona 5 is fitting this description and I was pumped to fight the fucker. A guy in a suit going shirtless MEANS shit is getting serious, its a man sure of his skills, proud of his body, confident in his aptitudes as a Boss character and going into the fight just feels like a challenge to best him, to get his smug smike out of his face.

But somehow, I never felt that for Tekken characters (another game series about buff dudes fighting each others) or UFC or stuff like that.

I just think it's very related to how powerful (charismatic) a character is looking through his introduction and characterisation. For example, I could never get into Hokuto No Ken game because you don't feel any tension or feedback in the punches.

So, discuss cool dudes you like to play as, beating the shit ouf of people, or cool dudes you like to take on.

akira28

Doesn't the Yakuza's true power become exposed when he takes off his shirt and shows his tattoo totems?

pbayne

Killer is dead has a pretty awesome fight that's just two dudes in suits fighting with katanas on the moon

MCN

Banned
That...that's not what "getting it on" means. Either that or Marvin Gaye was a wife beater.

Tizoc

Oddly enough we never had this
takuma-stance-aof2.gif

vs.
geese-cooltaunt.gif

Takuma generally is wearing his gi in every appearance he's been in.

Huh.

*remember to buy Killer is Dead later*

PC ver. goes for under $5 occasionally. With a little editting to the .ini file you can set the FPS to 60 or even 120 if you want. Furthermore you can also disable the HUD.

... I was completely thinking about something else when I read the title. I think I've read too much fanfiction for my own good.

Really glad I'm not alone on the "Well put together Japanese men ripping their suits off" train

Wei Shen from Sleepy Dogs is so fucking hot and the best part is that you can play the whole game shirtless
hkship2013-09-2415-255luh4.png

I need to replay this. I never finished it, but it was a great game anyway, and I never thought about playing like this..

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
Dauragon__s_Final_Battle_by_Prisone.jpg

The Bouncer taught me that a man's strength is directly proportional to the number of layers of torso clothing he has removed.

Giga Man

All I can think of is Dragon Ball Z when Goku's shirt got torn clean off while fighting Frieza in Super Saiyan. Sometimes, the look is replicated in the fighting games.

luulubuu

kX55dP2.png

me:
SSdQ9kq.png

We need more masculine frontal nudity in games PLUS more cute buff people, this morning I was debating about the Nintendo approach to some recent designs and THIS is too hot too handle;

latest

Tizoc

All I can think of is Dragon Ball Z when Goku's shirt got torn clean off while fighting Frieza in Super Saiyan. Sometimes, the look is replicated in the fighting games.

You're gonna want to post such examples if you could mate :p I've played lots of fighting games and can't remember any that have the protagonist or a character have blonde hair when transforming and end up shirtless.

There IS Kaede from Last Blade series but he doesn't go shirtless and mostly transforms into Anakin Skywalker.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Majima in Yakuza 0 is such a complete contrast to his other appearances, dude is a handsome fella when he wants to be.

Top Bottom