• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Street Fighter 6 - Rashid Gameplay Trailer Revealed

Draugoth

Gold Member

Rashid of the Turbulent Wind makes his Street Fighter 6 debut on July 24. With a whirlwind of moves that will send him flying through each fight, Rashid leaves all opponents in the dust – unless they decide to Like and Subscribe. Rashid will be unlocked for owners of the Year 1 Character Pass on July 24 - by proxy, this also means anyone with the Deluxe or Ultimate Edition! Street Fighter 6 is now available on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, and Steam.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I actually never saw that guy since i'm not a fan of SF5, and didn't play it much. He looks like he came straight out of Aladdin.

Now that is a delightfully animated moveset, what tha fuackkkkkkk

Last edited:

Celcius

°Temp. member
Eh, not a fan of the new hat/hair. He was ok in sf5 but I had literally forgotten about him so I’m shocked that he’s the first dlc character.

Is this how fighting games are now? Just release with a small/default roster and slowly charge for more over the life of the game? I haven't played fighters seriously in a long time.

This is how fighters have always been... Just cheaper since you can buy DLC for new chars instead of getting a whole ass new game.
I guess.. there were typically improvements either via engine, new single player campaign.. can't really agree with this. I'd rather have Soul Calibur and Soul Calibur II than Soul Calibur with just slowly added roster.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I'd rather have Soul Calibur and Soul Calibur II
I mean, we're talking Street Fighter here, the series infamous for taking a single entry and just rereleasing it with new content. There's 20+ versions of SF2 for crying out loud.
Fluid and dynamic, he looks great 👌
Rashid was pretty expressive and animated in SFV, so it's great to they kept his spirit in this one. Those animations man! Good Lord!
Voice actor doesnt fit at all. Great animations though.
I used to think that Arc Sys was the best FG studio in terms of animation....
I stand by that, They're just tied with Capcom now.

Last edited:

Buki1

No new stage for DLC character?

Also some trivia to those who don't know - Rashid for SFV, the first Arab character the series, was announced by Capcom on 9.11 and his stage was a plane flying over the city. Never change, Capcom.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
Where is Sakura?

2cf5b45070e08b0617771b8a318c8ead.jpg

Is this how fighting games are now? Just release with a small/default roster and slowly charge for more over the life of the game?
I'd rather have this than traveling back in time to the days where they charge full price for 2nd Impact, 3rd Strike, etc. roster and patch updates.

If anything, sports games NEED to change to this model but they refuse to because people keep buying at full price for a simple roster update.

[Sigma]

Wasn't a fan of him in SFV and I don't anticipate liking him in this game. I'll try him out though because this game allows you to so that's a good thing.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
Can you say animations?
My lord - a masterful work of art.

MK1 devs - take heed.
Mortal Kombat animations in comparison are a meme. They were bad way back in the90s and they're bad even today. i hope MK1 will change that, but i ain't banking on it

[Sigma]

Taking a look at it again, his super animations look got damn amazing. Like wow.

Last edited:

Spaceman292

Banned
Is this how fighting games are now? Just release with a small/default roster and slowly charge for more over the life of the game? I haven't played fighters seriously in a long time.
Yeah it's been like that for about two console generations by now. And before then they were just selling new versions of the game like SF3. This isn't new at all.

Spaceman292

Banned
No new stage for DLC character?

Also some trivia to those who don't know - Rashid for SFV, the first Arab character the series, was announced by Capcom on 9.11 and his stage was a plane flying over the city. Never change, Capcom.
And he had a jet pack lol. But everyone loves him so it's fine.

kanjobazooie

Mouse Ball Fetishist
He was announced during a Dubai game convention that happened to be held on that date. It's just a coincidence.

Last edited:

Neff

I stopped following Street Fighter V early so how does this model work with regard to new stages? Some characters get them and some don't? I can see from a glance that SFV has lots of stages it didn't have at launch but doesn't quite have a stage for every character by the end of its run.

[Sigma]

I stopped following Street Fighter V early so how does this model work with regard to new stages? Some characters get them and some don't? I can see from a glance that SFV has lots of stages it didn't have at launch but doesn't quite have a stage for every character by the end of its run.
Looking largely the same but within the SF6 currency. Not every character is getting a stage just like SFV. So whatever way Capcom decides it's going to be, whether it's part of the Free or Premium Battle pass or coins. 2 stages are part of the year 1 ultimate pass so we know at least 2 are coming within that time frame. Also the Capcom Pro Tour usually had a stage part of it and I expect that to continue whether it's this year or next.

Last edited:
Ok. But what about MENAT?

I am usually not (or ever) one for DLC shit but I would like to have Menat in SF6.

Not even sure how she would work with modern controls since they are mandatory for development now, I'd love to have her back. Hopefully they don't turn her into a scrub character. Menat is one of the most technical, fun and expressive characters in the series by far.

So I am curious why his animations looks better than the other characters or why it's being highlighted more with him?

I've been saying since the game was announced that some of the animations lacked polish and/or had some strange hit boxes that didn't match. On average they looks great, but some moves with characters like Chun, or a few of ken's kicks just looked wonky or floaty. Rashid looks like every single move shown was honed to perfection and "complete"

Aenima

Yup. Reason why i wait for the end of the gen to pick a fighting game i like that usually comes with the full roster + alot of dlc content included.

poodaddy

That new costume is a vast improvement over his previous from V. He looks great man, nice to see him get included again as he's one of the few new SF characters that's actually likeable.

Top Bottom