• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It costs $100 to unlock all of Street Fighter 6’s TMNT content

Wow, and people were complaining about the costumes packs in DOA and Arc Systems DLC prices. Am I reading right or are 4 turtles costumes which are essentially palette swaps for your World Tour avatar really $15 each equating a total of $60?? Everything for $100?? Makes me concerned about future collaborations and DLC for SF6.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Some lack taste
big-brain-wojak.gif

8BiTw0LF

Banned
I’m sure MK1 will have similar, if not worst DLC shenanigans as well especially since it’s a modern fighting game which usually have overpriced extra content and add-ons.
Come on.. SF4 had 4 versions of the game. SF5 had 3 versions. I'm sure you can buy ultimate edition of MK1 on release and get every character released for the game.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Ok, which gaffers are the 1% whales who will but this shit making the other 99% of gamers sit through e-store reminders to buy stuff?

Aenima

New to modern fighting games?

This is why im only touching in Street Fighter 6 by the end of the gen. Let the game get fat in content, then buy an "watherver edition" with most if not everething included for cheaper than the vanilla game at launch.

yurinka

The pricing is retarded. The whole TMNT bundle should be priced at $5 or $15. Instead of $15 per costume.

It cost $7,658,233.97 dollars to buy everything in the grocery store.

Why do people think they have to buy everything?
This is true, but compatible with stating that the TMNT are too unreasonably expensive.

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
The pricing is retarded. The whole TMNT bundle should be priced at $5 or $15. Instead of $15 per costume.

This is true, but compatible with stating that the TMNT are too unreasonably expensive.

I think Ferraris are too expensive.

I don't buy them, but I don't complain about their pricing either.

I am a fully realized person.

Hot5pur

My sense is that Capcom may be pricing the collab stuff high and going to keep the regular pvp costumes $4-5. Seems adding new characters is a lot of work, Strive is also like 4 per season. Colors should be unlocked across all characters that was kinda scummy, as I don't think there is a way to unlock those in game?

Either way I think backlash will be good because it would be nice if costumes were more reasonably priced so more people get them and make the characters feel more unique. Also buying story mode stuff will encourage them to prioritize that...I wonder how many people actually stick around in that mode. It was so barebones and watered down, but I guess if you've never played fighting games it's a good introduction. (also useful for getting secondary costumes)

NinjaBoiX

I’ve always got exactly the same outlook on this issue; as long as it doesn’t affect the base game then I’m happy for them to fill their boots in terms of MTX. It’s usually a savvy model that facilitates diehard fans helping to finance the nuts and bolts development for everyone else.

Obviously things can get a little more insidious when it comes to lootboxes and stuff, but massively overpriced skins and the like? I’ve not got an issue at all, it’s superfluous fluff that only exists because there’s clearly a market for it.

Nobody needs it to stay competitive, it’s not going to negatively affect anyone else enjoying the game, go nuts as far as I’m concerned. 🤷🏼‍♂️

yurinka

I think Ferraris are too expensive.

I don't buy them, but I don't complain about their pricing either.

I am a fully realized person.
Ferraris are too expensive, but if you have the money the price is worth it because they are exclusive top quality content.

They are not only just a few TMNT skins for a fighting game.

Top Bottom