• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kinda Funny launches new show KF Games Daily w/ Andrea Rene and Danny O'Dwyer

paulogy

Just announced at Kinda Funny Live 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYe8ncAkpwM

While their podcast P.S. I Love YOU XOXO is no more, a new show Kinda Funny Games Daily will be filmed live (after the Kinda Funny Morning Show, formerly Colin & Greg Live) and go in-depth on daily games news, releases, and listener questions for ~45 minutes each day.

Alongside Greg Miller will be a rotating second chair which will include, as regulars:

• Andrea Rene
  • Danny O'Dwyer
  • Tim Gettys
  • Andy Cortez

The show will discuss PlayStation, and other platforms as well.

(and to be clear Andrea is still part of her new venture What's Good Games, and Danny is still doing NOCLIP)

DCyTLSaVwAAgPei.jpg:large

Ploid 3.0

Daily, wow. I'll give it a shot. Haven't listened to a podcast in ages. I can try it with a autopilot grind game and long commutes. I hope it's good.

each day? That seems much. Are they going to talk about game dev tweets?

Anyways, this is great. I'm glad they are bringing a woman to the conversation, as well as an Irish dude. :)

RedAssedApe

Banned
I like both of them. What's the point of the morning show now though? Just to fuck around and do non gaming news? I guess they were already kind of doing that hah which was why some were complaining.

Chesskid1

Banned
45 min a day and there is a gamescast every monday, too.

thats so much stuff, and ive started listening to easyallies instead of xoxo. i think i might move on (even though i like danny) after casually listening to gamescast the past few weeks.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I like both of them. What's the point of the morning show now though? Just to fuck around and do non gaming news? I guess they were already kind of doing that hah which was why some were complaining.

They have branding issues in this regard. Everything is KoF, but they are running two separate patreons.

Think of the morning show as part of KoF where they talk pop culture and joke around.

Think of Games Daily as part of KoF Games.

PS: I agree with Chesskid1 that everyday for 45 mins could become an issue during slow news cycles especially if the Gamescast takes over for more evergreen topics.

Charamiwa

Banned
I wonder if they want to emulate the success of Collider Movie Talk. That thing is daily and gets plenty of views. They never seem to run out of material either.

They have branding issues in this regard. Everything is KoF, but they are running two separate patreons.

Think of the morning show as part of KoF where they talk pop culture and joke around.

PS: I agree with Chesskid1 that everyday for 45 mins could become an issue during slow news cycles especially if the Gamescast takes over for more evergreen topics.

I also will be curious to see how they keep the show interesting on a daily basis. I think that with people who aren't on patreon getting the gamescast sooner that the gamescast will be able to be a bit more topical so I don't think evergreen topics will be relegated there necessarily.

Hmm. I like Danny, but I can't stand Andrea. I've been really into Kinda Funny lately since I'm a huge Nintendo fan and they've been really positive on the Switch. Andrea, on the other hand...

I understand Nintendo has always been the primary software creator for their hardware, but it is hard for them to stay relevant like this.

https://twitter.com/andrearene/status/819631620105768960

That's true. I joked with some people that they should just focus on making more Mini NES! LOLZ

https://twitter.com/andrearene/status/819632233342373888

We'll see if she manages to impact my enjoyment of the content, but in these tweets she sounds like a straight up GAF shitposter.

RedAssedApe

Banned

Yeah I was thinking the same. I guess morning show is the companion to GOG and this is the companion to Gamescast.

Please have timestamps.

Sounds pretty alright. Especially the inclusion of Danny and Andrea!

Not sure about it being daily though? Especially when news is lite. But I'm sure it'll adapt accordingly.

There was always such palpable tension between Colin Moriarty and Andrea Rene. The first episode she guested on with just Tim and Greg was pretty chill.

Danny could be a nice breath of thoughtful air, I hope. Even though he's really just a football hooligan sometimes.

Daily content is great. I never have enough to watch, there's not enough shows and personalities to my liking.

Terrell

Hmm. I like Danny, but I can't stand Andrea. I've been really into Kinda Funny lately since I'm a huge Nintendo fan and they've been really positive on the Switch. Andrea, on the other hand...

https://twitter.com/andrearene/status/819631620105768960

https://twitter.com/andrearene/status/819632233342373888

We'll see if she manages to impact my enjoyment of the content, but in these tweets she sounds like a straight up GAF shitposter.

Yeah, her opinions on Nintendo have not always aligned with mine (and in some cases, the market in general), but when you get her off of that topic, she's actually pretty good at what she does.

I've been a fan of Andrea for years. She gott drunk on Weekend Confirmed and trolled Garnett and it was the greatest.

Man, I miss that show/era. Weekend Confirmed, 1UP Show, OG Retronauts, GFW Radio. Getting all nostalgic now.

Squire

Banned
There was always such palpable tension between Colin Moriarty and Andrea Rene. The first episode she guested on with just Tim and Greg was pretty chill.

Danny could be a nice breath of thoughtful air, I hope. Even though he's really just a football hooligan sometimes ;)

Daily content is great. I never have enough to watch, there's not enough shows and personalities to my liking.

Cant imagine why.

I'll watch anything Danny does and Andrea was pretty solid on Weekend Confirmed even though it feels like she has to tiptoe around being a talking conflict of interest because of all the jobs she has had.

DKHF

This seems like a good idea. Them changing the gamescast to one big video every Monday is a big change but I think is probably for the better. Interested to see how these changes work out.
I wonder if they want to emulate the success of Collider Movie Talk. That thing is daily and gets plenty of views. They never seem to run out of material either.
Yeah haha this is exactly what came to mind when I found about this. I don't think any of the guys watch/are aware much of Movie Talk though so I think it's a coincidence.

kaiiri

Excited! Loved Andrea when she's been on the shows. Also thought she before would've been a good addition as a new person to replace Colin anyway so this half step works out. Danny has been pretty cool too. Hyped to hear some more in depth conversations!

I've seen the episodes with them on together and the most egregious thing to happen with them was a disagreement on mobile games that dragged on because they were both arguing different points.

JoeNut

A daily podcast is just way too much for me, a weekly roundup was ideal. Good luck to all involved though

I've been a fan of Andrea for years. She gott drunk on Weekend Confirmed and trolled Garnett and it was the greatest.

Man, I miss that show/era. Weekend Confirmed, 1UP Show, OG Retronauts, GFW Radio. Getting all nostalgic now.

This were the good ok days. I'm excited to check her out on this. Wish I could see Nicole zivalich talk about games again too!

RedAssedApe

Banned
I've seen the episodes with them on together and the most egregious thing to happen with them was a disagreement on mobile games that dragged on because they were both arguing different points.

There is respectful debate and there is Colin is right. For example compare how Colin speaks to Tim and Andrea in that mobile discussion as compared to Colin's more respectful tone towards Adam Boyes on Interview with Colin was right (the irony)

Anyhow. IM gonna try and refrain from anymore Colin talk. Hes not part of kf moving forward.

Top Bottom