• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Possible Mario x Rabbids amiibos leaked

maxcriden

ysfEix-cXvh1aKCRLqSiqR3GDb1snJsNuO7e3tEqBo-1024x652.jpg

Article in Spanish here: http://amiiboes.net/rumor-posibles-amiibo-para-el-futuro-mario-x-rabbids/

Original source:

The Spanish article is not the original source. It's citing this as the source: https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/6f81rg/real_or_fake_possibly_leaked_mario_rabbids_amiibo/

Original recent leak thread:

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle key art leaked [Up2: 5 more slides, lots of info leak]

More recent info thread:

New Mario x Rabbids gameplay details, Ubisoft largely allowed free reign

Per info from that thread, via NintendoEverything.com's summary:

– amiibo support seems to be planned
– Prototypes feature a mode dubbed ‘amiibo machine’
– Ubisoft is said to be producing prototype figurines of some of the game’s characters
– These could be for a potential Kingdom Battle amiibo line

Would these amiibo be appealing to you to purchase? Or would you want a better sense of these characters first? (Or, do you actively dislike the design and/or amiibo?)

Send turtle shelves at this thread if old.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Whoever is leaking those just doesn't give a fuuuuuuck.

Also, those stands don't like really amiibo-like, but I guess they're prototypes.

STGHMAAV

Banned
WOW. Never expected my website to be featured as a font here. I'm super happy.

More on-topic, I think they probably are part from a future Rabbids toys lineup when Mario x Rabbids comes out, but being a Nintendo exclusive, they can become real amiibo, so who knows.

maxcriden

Hmmm in this era of 3D printed fakes can we be sure this is real?

Good point, and I share your concern now that you mention it; I hadn't thought of that possibility at all. It looks like the site owner is posting in this thread, so perhaps he can allay this concern in some capacity, without revealing his source, though I'm not sure how.

Oersted

We had that Rayman amiibo leaked way back in the day with the Rayman Legends leak, so even if that is real, it could have been scrapped.

Gotta admit, I dig the Luigi one

We can't. But these figures are a bit too high quality for your average 3d printer. They look like they're moulded.

Hmm yeah they do look good but so did that oval NX controller... That said I don't find the idea of amiibos for this game the least bit surprising so it could definitely be real.

Good point, and I share your concern now that you mention it; I hadn't thought of that possibility at all. It looks like the site owner is posting in this thread, so perhaps he can allay this concern in some capacity, without revealing his source, though I'm not sure how.

Ah just saw that, interesting. Like I said above it wouldn't be shocking at all if this is real, but it's just best to remember we're a week away from E3 and high quality 3D printed fakes are a thing. But on the other hand this is Ubisoft we're talking about...

I love Yoshi Rabbid, I need him.

He has an amazing design, I completely agree.

_Rob_

Poor Rayman, bloody Minion Rabbids. Figures look just as quality as other Amiibo's for fans though. I wonder if it's the same deal as with Shovel Knight, as in not Nintendo produced but just endorsed.

soqquatto

someone must really hate working at Ubisoft. every company has internal memos but only Ubisoft gets them leaked at every turn...

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
This is it. I was put on this planet to purchase all of the rabbid peach amiibos and burn them in a roaring dumpster fire where they belong.

Top Bottom