• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Desert launching on Xbox one as Console Launch Exclusive

Ochibi

Surprised about this announcement. They planned to make a console version years ago but then, nothing. I've asked Kakao Games during an interview at Gamescom 2016 and they've said it wasn't planned. It's a good thing

The best thing about this game is that you just minimize this game to the tray on PC, so you can fish and do other lifeskills while doing literally anything else. I don't think endgame lifeskilling will be any good on consoles imo. BDO is the best Tekken MMO I have ever played.

zulux21

I am curious how close the xbox one x will get to maxing out black desert.

last I checked it took like a 1k-1.5k computer to run the game at max. (with a good chunk of that being the video card)

luffxan

Was so surprised to see this on stream. Didn't believe it was Black Desert until the name came up. Will definitely play it once its on ps4

Honestly I find this a bizarre target for a moneyhat. It's not that great of an MMO IMO.

Unless, of course, Microsoft wants to position this as the Xbox's answer to FF14 since it's clear FF14 on Xbone isn't happening any time soon.

Have they said anything on crossplay with the PC servers?

Honestly I find this a bizarre target for a moneyhat. It's not that great of an MMO IMO.

Unless, of course, Microsoft wants to position this as the Xbox's answer to FF14 since it's clear FF14 on Xbone isn't happening any time soon.

Have they said anything on crossplay with the PC servers?

Neverwinter is on Xbox so it's not their first MMO.

Freeman76

This is one of the most incredible MMOs ive played, astounding if you are into the whole chill aspect of gathering, crafting, trading etc.

Thing is, watch footage of it on a super PC and then imagine how this will run on consoles. The devs wont give a shit either.

Qvoth

I still remember the hype when this was 1st revealed
Then I got into the Japanese beta on pc and ended up uninstalling within an hour

Westraid

I'm so excited about this! I actually have the PC version but it runs like a potato on 3FPS since my computer is really old, and it really prevented me from getting into the game properly.

I wonder if our old accounts will work, but on the other hand it'd be swell as heck if it was all separate so I won't have to spent 5 hours mashing my keyboard to come up with a first AND last name that isn't already taken lol

zoobzone

I think the key element here is cross-play between the consoles, not PC.

What happened to FF14 on Xbox? I remember Yoshida wanted it but Microsoft didn't let them.

On topic: The game was quite taxing when I had GTX970 and later upgraded to 1080 it still didn't do 4k well, wonder how well its going to play on Xbox One.

Eccocid

I think the key element here is cross-play between the consoles, not PC.

FF XI was on xbox ps2 and pc.

Maybe setup is different in MMORPGS and games like Rocket League. In RC you play with your PSN and gamer tags. In MMORPGS you are connected with the developers on interface. With a different login to their servers. So it may come to PS4 too i think.

EGOMON

I followed the PC thread and was hoping this wil be released on consoles and they did will wait for the PS4 release

Mephala

Assuming it has crossplay I wonder if it will use a new account system as well.

When the game launched on steam recently we couldn't migrate our accounts to steam, we had to either start again or keep playing with the regular client and old accounts. Not that there are any differences and we still crossplay but it was a little bit annoying.

I don't know about games like this, but it looked so my kinda thing... the character design, visual design and snappy action. I will definitely try this when it comes my way.

Kalentan

What happened to FF14 on Xbox? I remember Yoshida wanted it but Microsoft didn't let them.

On topic: The game was quite taxing when I had GTX970 and later upgraded to 1080 it still didn't do 4k well, wonder how well its going to play on Xbox One.

He wants to but Microsoft requires cross play to be something you can always opt out of. That doesn't work with FFXIV. So until that changes, no FFXIV on XBOX.

NightOnyx

I'm excited for this to come to consoles, but I'm bummed I gotta wait longer to play it on PS4. I have it on PC so I can play it now and I am really enjoying it, but I really want to play it with my friend who doesn't have a good PC, so we are planning to pick it up on PS4 when it comes out. Hopefully it's not a long exclusive like a year or anything like that, but I guess that's just how things are. I'm sure there are plenty of timed stuff on PS4 that Xbox people are annoyed about as well.

Ferr986

I'm pretty sure this (and a future PS4 version) will not be crossplay with PC. This has open world PvP, and PC players with KB+M have a big advantage. The UI will have to be revamped for the console versions too.
Also, PC players have the option to leave the game on tray and AFK fish to win money while sleep/out,etc...

I also don't think they'll let you transfer characters. Hell they dont' let you do it with the Steam version, even though they do share servers :/

Quonny

I have absolutely no idea how this game is going to work on consoles.

For those that don't know, this game's life skills basically 'require' AFK grinding. You can fish while AFK, train horses while AFK, process items while AFK.

To do this, however, the game has to be running. They have a nifty feature on the PC where you can put it in the system tray and it uses very few resources, so you're not killing your PC or eating up a ton of power while you fish overnight. This also allows you to do other things on your PC while you're AFK grinding. And it's not like 'meh, once a month I'll AFK grind'. The game kinda requires it if you actually want to get into the game.

On consoles, I have no idea how this is going to work.

Ferr986

I have absolutely no idea how this game is going to work on consoles.

For those that don't know, this game's life skills basically 'require' AFK grinding. You can fish while AFK, train horses while AFK, process items while AFK.

To do this, however, the game has to be running. They have a nifty feature on the PC where you can put it in the system tray and it uses very few resources, so you're not killing your PC or eating up a ton of power while you fish overnight. This also allows you to do other things on your PC while you're AFK grinding. And it's not like 'meh, once a month I'll AFK grind'. The game kinda requires it if you actually want to get into the game.

On consoles, I have no idea how this is going to work.

It won't. That's why I think it's not going to have crossplay, and they'll probably will change some stuff for the console version, maybe the Life Skill exp rates (or other things).

Would be nice if we could transfer characters, because I would totally play it on console and I already have some money spent on the game, but they don't even let you do it with the Steam version so heh...

Is this game good?

Because graphically it looks great.

Gameplay looks pretty awesome as well.

Depends on what you're looking for. BDO is basically old school MMOs. If you're looking for a MMO to raid dungeons with your friends like WoW, FFXIV... basically "theme park MMOs" this is not this game. This game has no endgame raids, dungeons, etc... it's more about a sandbox MMO, where life skills have as much of an importance as combat.

Top Bottom