• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Desert launching on Xbox one as Console Launch Exclusive

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
1) Is this subscription based on console?
2) Will there by Mouse/Keyboard support on console?

I'd be interested to know these things before considering buy.

1) Is this subscription based on console?
2) Will there by Mouse/Keyboard support on console?

I'd be interested to know these things before considering buy.

1) PC is not sub, but I think there is a sub tier that's optional.

2) Maybe, seeing that kb/m support is showing early signs in alpha build for Minecraft. Though, unless this is crossplay...I wouldn't expect it.

Ferr986

Game is buy to play, then there's an item in the cash shop that gives you more inv slot, less taxes on marketplace...etc that last a month, so a convenience monthly sub.

Also dunno if console version has KB support, but seems like they're tweaking the combat for controllers, so I dunno if using KB would be worth.

Darklor01

1) PC is not sub, but I think there is a sub tier that's optional.

2) Maybe, seeing that kb/m support is showing early signs in alpha build for Minecraft. Though, unless this is crossplay...I wouldn't expect it.

Cool on the buy to play part. I've known KBM support on consoles for some other MMORPGs, usually used mostly for chat window in the past. I'm hoping that is the case here, even though voice chat is there, and I think I like using the KBM controls for MMOs better than controller as well. I think it's the WoW player in me that likes KBM for MMORPGs.

Cool on the buy to play part. I've known KBM support on consoles for some other MMORPGs, usually used mostly for chat window in the past. I'm hoping that is the case here, even though voice chat is there, and I think I like using the KBM controls for MMOs better than controller as well. I think it's the WoW player in me that likes KBM for MMORPGs.

Honestly, it's going to be interesting to see how this games adapts to a controller from a menu perspective. The game is pretty busy with menus from my past experience.

That being said, looking great on the 1X.

Darklor01

Honestly, it's going to be interesting to see how this games adapts to a controller from a menu perspective. The game is pretty busy with menus from my past experience.

That being said, looking great on the 1X.

Yeah, visually, looks really solid. I remember people saying early on it was a good game. Never tried it. Might want to give it a go on the X, but only if everything translates well obviously.

Santar

So is this still a online only game?
I ask because the console version is called Black Desert and not Black Desert Online.

It means Microsoft paid to speed up the process for them over PS4. Once Xbox is out a PlayStation version technically can be made, but maybe not depending on if Sony wants to help speed up the process. Pretty simple it's an exclusive without exclusive rules

Freeman76

This game is incredible, and it looks like it runs so much better on the console version for a change, the pc version is so poorly optimised the world pops in around you, no matter what RIG you have (and when fanboys drop in with their bullshit "runs fine on mine" check the youtube clips of people running it on High End PC's).

I wonder if they will drop an optimisation patch for PC at the same time this releases, otherwise there are going to be a lot of unhappy PC players.

Dont know how well it will translate to controller though, this game is DEEP and inventory management is a core aspect of the game, could be really fiddly.

Started playing this recently on PC. The fighting is great! Unfortunately the story is a chore. It's pretty much just the same missions over and over. End game seems fun, but from what I can tell there's no dungeons or team content though.

It does fill out the mundane stuff in kinda cool ways with lifeskills though. Assuming it will not have a forced sub model on consoles too.

Oh word of warning. It has one of the most vile chats I've ever witnessed in a game. Literally you will see people arguing for genocide of certain races and no end of transphobic shit. So yeah... that's a thing. Block roleplay chat immediately IMO.

BigEmil

Is it so hard for them to say "First on Xbox One"

But to make some people think it's exclusive say it "Xbox One Console Launch Exclusive" lol

Console exclusive is fine but Console launch exclusive is reaching just to make it seem exclusive lol

Head.spawn

Is it so hard for them to say "First on Xbox One"

But to make some people think it's exclusive say it "Xbox One Console Launch Exclusive" lol

Console exclusive is fine but Console launch exclusive is reaching just to make it seem exclusive lol

Because it's not PlayStation and there is no need to ape their marketing style.

Ferr986

Started playing this recently on PC. The fighting is great! Unfortunately the story is a chore. It's pretty much just the same missions over and over. End game seems fun, but from what I can tell there's no dungeons or team content though.

It does fill out the mundane stuff in kinda cool ways with lifeskills though. Assuming it will not have a forced sub model on consoles too.

Oh word of warning. It has one of the most vile chats I've ever witnessed in a game. Literally you will see people arguing for genocide of certain races and no end of transphobic shit. So yeah... that's a thing. Block roleplay chat immediately IMO.

It's not an opinion, you need to have something wrong in your head to tolerate that shit. Fucks sake I saw people there talking about raping children.

Also yeah there's no endgame other than PvP in this game, so don't play this if you want the usual MMO content endgame. This is more for the sandbox experience.

Top Bottom