• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOOM VFR – E3 2017 Reveal Trailer [PSVR/VIVE]

Loudninja

Trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYOasB6aI_A

Coming this year.
If you flinched the first time you saw a ravenous Pinky Demon charging at you in last year's critically acclaimed DOOM, wait till you get up close and even more personal with rampaging demons in DOOM: VFR. Featured at Bethesda's E3 2017 Showcase, DOOM: VFR is a new virtual reality game from legendary developer id Software, coming this year to PlayStation VR and VIVE platforms.

In DOOM: VFR, the demons from Hell have wiped out everyone inside the UAC's Martian research facility – except you. As the last known human survivor, you have to restore operational stability and stop the demonic invasion. There's only one catch: you're about to be slaughtered yourself. But thanks to a top-secret UAC research program, your consciousness has been transferred to an artificial intelligence matrix. Along with all kinds classic DOOM weaponry, you'll be armed with the ability to Teleport and Jet-Strafe so you can move fast in combat and quickly close the distance between you and the demons, then blow them to bloody bits with your Tele-frag ability. As an A.I. operative, you can also transfer your consciousness to UAC devices and robots to solve puzzles and gain access to new areas (including two never-before-seen sections of the UAC Martian Research Facility).

”Developing a DOOM game specifically for virtual reality has provided an exciting opportunity to not only surround players with the world of DOOM like never before, but also let them experience and explore the UAC and Hell in new ways, playing as new characters with totally unique tools and abilities," says Robert Duffy, CTO at id Software.

”Since the hallmark of any DOOM game is combat, we've made it our top priority to ensure moving, shooting and killing demons with overwhelming force in virtual reality is as brutal and rewarding as it is in the DOOM experience that fans have been enjoying for the past year," adds DOOM Game Director Marty Stratton.

With brutal combat from the studio that pioneered the first-person shooter genre as well as modern VR, DOOM: VFR brings id Software's trademark carnage to a standalone VR game. See Mars and Hell from a new perspective, and lay waste to an army of demonic foes in a definitive adventure custom built for PlayStation VR and VIVE.
https://bethesda.net/en/article/5vMkA0xBtK46KOYO4ueaS6/prepare-for-virtual-carnage-with-doom-vfr

shandy706

Now this is a freaking game to play in VR.

Might want to keep a barf bag nearby though. LOL

Edit* Ah, point jumping/teleporting instead of run'n gun...good idea X-D

Because I always wanted a first person shooter with teleportation as the only possible method of movement.

No thanks, Farpoint lets me actually move around.
I hope oculus is supported
This is either a joke or you don't know the history between Zenimax and Oculus.

osBPuqdGVI5LU8fDFjdt6h86BXhvSjc-LYxbOaTQBLaIvobd81G8SSeEo90jd0O8QmcJDvt0P8YdVY9goJZNjIDxjF6D2YaifQcY-84=w350-h277-nc

Branson

Because I always wanted a first person shooter with teleportation as the only possible method of movement.

No thanks, Farpoint lets me actually move around.

This is either a joke or you don't know the history between Zenimax and Oculus.
I just wish I could play it. I'm sad there are exclusive games to each VR Headset.

dunno. when they showed that movement was teleportation based I was like "that's just wrong for this game"

we'll see when it releases but I was like eh

Gitaroo

Highly doubt this will happen. This game's control scheme is based on using both of your hands independent of each other.

Thats just the vive controllers interface, pretty sure they got to adopt all kinds of controllers interface for each platform, even dual shock4 exclusively. Don't care if I can't move one hand to press switches if this let me use the aim controller to move around and shoot.

RCSI

Love Doom. Teleportation a big no.

Give me free movement like in Fallout 4 VR.

If their design goal was to lessen discomfort, teleportation is the way to go (it works for Robo Recall). Free movement tends to increase nausea over time.

HOLD UP, HOLD UP.
THIS IS COMING TO PSVR?

Yeah, between this, Wolfenstein and EW2, Bethesda's line-up swept the floor with EA and Microsoft's showings.

Thats just the vive controllers interface, pretty sure they got to adopt all kinds of controllers interface for each platform, even dual shock4 exclusively. Don't care if I can't move one hand to press switches if this let me use the aim controller to move around and shoot.

You're absolutely right, it is just the Vive controller's interface, and the entire way the game is designed is based around it.

One hand to point and teleport, and the other to shoot.

Gitaroo

You're absolutely right, it is just the Vive controller's interface, and the entire way the game is designed is based around it.

One hand to point and teleport, and the other to shoot.

If they game is also coming to psvr then it is definitely not designed based around 1 controller interface. Either way no aim support = no sale from me.

Steel

Banned
Hope they add artificial locomotion like Fallout 4 appears to have.

HOLD UP, HOLD UP.
THIS IS COMING TO PSVR?

Yeah, between this, Wolfenstein and EW2, Bethesda's line-up swept the floor with EA and Microsoft's showings.

Well, Doom is 60 FPS on PS4, so, why not?

LordCanti

Why can't I just use a joystick to navigate a VR space? Why the teleporting? Whats the PR answer to that?

They think people will puke if they do joystick movement. Most devs came to this conclusion and it has taken a lot of the wind out of my sails when it comes to VR.

Loudninja

If you flinched the first time you saw a ravenous Pinky Demon charging at you in last year’s critically acclaimed DOOM, wait till you get up close and even more personal with rampaging demons in DOOM: VFR. Featured at Bethesda’s E3 2017 Showcase, DOOM: VFR is a new virtual reality game from legendary developer id Software, coming this year to PlayStation VR and VIVE platforms.

In DOOM: VFR, the demons from Hell have wiped out everyone inside the UAC’s Martian research facility – except you. As the last known human survivor, you have to restore operational stability and stop the demonic invasion. There’s only one catch: you’re about to be slaughtered yourself. But thanks to a top-secret UAC research program, your consciousness has been transferred to an artificial intelligence matrix. Along with all kinds classic DOOM weaponry, you’ll be armed with the ability to Teleport and Jet-Strafe so you can move fast in combat and quickly close the distance between you and the demons, then blow them to bloody bits with your Tele-frag ability. As an A.I. operative, you can also transfer your consciousness to UAC devices and robots to solve puzzles and gain access to new areas (including two never-before-seen sections of the UAC Martian Research Facility).

“Developing a DOOM game specifically for virtual reality has provided an exciting opportunity to not only surround players with the world of DOOM like never before, but also let them experience and explore the UAC and Hell in new ways, playing as new characters with totally unique tools and abilities,” says Robert Duffy, CTO at id Software.

“Since the hallmark of any DOOM game is combat, we’ve made it our top priority to ensure moving, shooting and killing demons with overwhelming force in virtual reality is as brutal and rewarding as it is in the DOOM experience that fans have been enjoying for the past year,” adds DOOM Game Director Marty Stratton.

With brutal combat from the studio that pioneered the first-person shooter genre as well as modern VR, DOOM: VFR brings id Software’s trademark carnage to a standalone VR game. See Mars and Hell from a new perspective, and lay waste to an army of demonic foes in a definitive adventure custom built for PlayStation VR and VIVE.
https://bethesda.net/en/article/5vMkA0xBtK46KOYO4ueaS6/prepare-for-virtual-carnage-with-doom-vfr

Top Bottom