• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo apologize about stock shortage, more shipment in july + august

If the Switch situation was bad in Japan before, can't imagine how bad it gets when Splatoon 2 hits, even with more being shipped.

Did NoA ever say whether a Splatoon bundle was coming out here?

It's good that they'll have more for Splatoon.
Hope the Switch's sales continue to do well. They have quite the line up this year and it would be great to have a system where most Japanese devs are 100% on board

Ridley327

July was obvious, but it's good to see that they're going to have another big shipment in August as well, since I imagine that will make Ubisoft very happy to be able to ride a wave with Mario+Rabbids, along with Japan needing all the help they can get when MHXX drops.

Wait the pink and green bundle isn't confirmed for Na?

The pink and green Joy-Cons aren't confirmed for NA in any form.

July was obvious, but it's good to see that they're going to have another big shipment in August as well, since I imagine that will make Ubisoft very happy to be able to ride a wave with Mario+Rabbids.
And MH. It's worth noting that Nintendo is specifically mentions their domestic market here.

antonz

Based on early rumors of Nintendo having a very conservative production of like 4-5 million planned I think there is truth to that. Based on US/JP sales there is no way the Switch is being made in quantities larger than 400-500k a month right now unless they are stockpiling obscene amounts.

So if they are only achieving between 400-500K they need to be reaching at least double that production to start having decent inventory on a monthly basis and that doesn't even take into account the need to holiday stockpile.

ggx2ac

Apple lost?

We think they would be done with their full production by September when it's assumed their next iPhone launches.
(If they're shipping 200 million units before their launch.)

Hence why production for Nintendo Switch would be ramped up by Fall because they would actually be able to do so.

How you know that?

Here is the text via Google Translate:

"Thank you very much for your continued patronage of our products.
The "Nintendo Switch main unit" which we released on March 3, 2017 has continued to be in short supply in the entire domestic market since its launch. We apologize sincerely apologize to our customers and dealers for their inconvenience.
Currently, we continue to ship every week, we are working to deliver more than one product to customers. Also, in July and August, we will increase shipment volume this month, including continued shipment of "Nintendo Switch Splatoon 2 set".
For autumn and beyond, we will continue to work to ensure that as many products as possible can be delivered to our customers towards the end of the year, such as further strengthening our production system, we appreciate your understanding."

I know this is just a Google translated text, buti It sounds domestic to me. Maybe someone can give a more precise translation of the full text.

Ridley327

Here is the text via Google Translate:

"Thank you very much for your continued patronage of our products.
The "Nintendo Switch main unit" which we released on March 3, 2017 has continued to be in short supply in the entire domestic market since its launch. We apologize sincerely apologize to our customers and dealers for their inconvenience.
Currently, we continue to ship every week, we are working to deliver more than one product to customers. Also, in July and August, we will increase shipment volume this month, including continued shipment of "Nintendo Switch Splatoon 2 set".
For autumn and beyond, we will continue to work to ensure that as many products as possible can be delivered to our customers towards the end of the year, such as further strengthening our production system, we appreciate your understanding."

I know this is just a Google translated text, buti It sounds domestic to me. Maybe someone can give a more precise translation of the full text.

Oh, it sounds like that they're going to do more Splatoon 2 bundles beyond the initial run. Good news for collectors that missed out on the initial wave of pre-orders.

watershed

Banned
Well, at least we now know when it should be easier to find one on store shelves and when we can expect sales bumps in sales threads.

TS-08

BREAKING NEWS: Video game company to produce and ship more video games machines!

A video game company that has struggled to meet demand for their new console announcing an increase in shipments of the console for a relatively specific timeframe is certainly newsworthy. I don't know why it prompted your post.

Oh, it sounds like that they're going to do more Splatoon 2 bundles beyond the initial run. Good news for collectors that missed out on the initial wave of pre-orders.

Good news indeed, unfortunately looks like it will be supply constrained for the rest of the year. Im really glad that (despite my dislike for pre-order culture) I had pre-ordered mine for launch. I'm going to have to start hunting to secure a couple now for the holiday season for gifts.

It's ironic that we are getting close to a major release per month, plus great indie titles and there's just not enough hardware. Usually we are flooded with hardware and waiting on games. The Switch compels me to grab games...and now I want everything on the Switch.

Top Bottom