• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Fuzion Frenzy 2 (xbox 360) Official Thread (Is it worthy?)

bntfusionFrenzy2.jpg

Official & unofficial:
Official Fuzion Frenzy 2 web site
The Fuzion Frenzy 2 Achievements
Wikipedia Entry for Fuzion Frenzy 2

Pundits:
GameSpy's page on Fuzion Frenzy 2
IGN's page on Fuzion Frenzy 2
GameSpot's page on Fuzion Frenzy 2
1Up's page on Fuzion Frenzy 2

Reviews:
Game Rankings page
Metacritic Page
1Up
/10
Team Xbox
/10
Xbox Addict
3.9/5
Gamespot
/10
IGN
/10

Fuzion Frenzy 2 . . . . The first (and only?) party game for the xbox 360 and with xbox live it can be a virtual party with distant friends. In attempts of getting a great party game, Microsoft had Fuzion Frenzy 2 developed by Hudson Soft . . . the maker of Mario Party, Mario Party 2, Mario Party 3, Mario Party 4, Mario Party 5, Mario Party 6, and Mario Party 7! (That is some seriously party game experience!)

boxfuzionFrenzy2.jpg

Well . . . actually, one could consider PocketBike Racer & Big Bumpin' of the Burger King Trilogy as the first party game for the xbox 360 . . . they are from Blitz Games, the developers of the original Fuzion Frenzy.

I'm always on the look-out for good 'E' or 'E10' rated xbox 360 games that I can play with my nephew on xbox live. Right now it is NHL 2K7, NBA 2K7, World Cup 2006, Burnout Revenge, Ridge Racer 6, PGR3, Big Bumpin', and PocketBike Racer. It would be nice to have something besides sports games (where he kicks my butt) and racers. (Thank you Burger King for providing the one non-sports/racer.) I'd really like some co-op games so I don't have to be humiliated by gettng my butt kicked all the time! :lol

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
The no review thing is scaring me as well. I was hyped for it, but I will await some reviews first.

Gowans

if they have a twisted system equivalent im in, FF plus online gota be a winner?

Where are the reviews? where is its Marketing? delay?

arne

preview copies only just went out last week iirc, so I just think reviews are coming in late. but they will come in.

goldenpp72

an official thread that only has an image of the box and even has doubt in its own title? Worst official thread ever :(

GhaleonEB

Isn't this made by the guys that did Bomberman Act Zero? (Hudson)

Edit: Yup. Engine looks similar as well. I dunno, that doesn't inspire confidence.

Gigglepoo

It's going to get between a 6.0 and 7.0 from every major site. Does that actually matter to anyone, though? It will be more of what made the first FF fun, only with the ability to play online. I'm sure fans of the original have absolutely nothing to worry about.

As far as an Official thread for a mini/party game on the X360 goes - I don't have much confidence in this thread going far past two pages. FF does not really capture the essence of the Xbox gaming experience.

goldenpp72 said:
an official thread that only has an image of the box and even has doubt in its own title? Worst official thread ever :(

:lol

It is a work in progress . . . it already has improved a little and may improve more . . . if warranted. :lol

Gigglepoo said:
It's going to get between a 6.0 and 7.0 from every major site. Does that actually matter to anyone, though? It will be more of what made the first FF fun, only with the ability to play online. I'm sure fans of the original have absolutely nothing to worry about.

As far as an Official thread for a mini/party game on the X360 goes - I don't have much confidence in this thread going far past two pages. FF does not really capture the essence of the Xbox gaming experience.

Is it more fun than Big Bumpin. That's the only question that needs answering.

goldenpp72

well im just saying, unlike bombershitzero, FF2 is actually fun in some cases. Id say if you liked the original you will like this one.

Plus isnt it a 40 dollar game? I might end up picking it up as the 360 lacks so badly in party games.

goldenpp72

What was wrong with the demo? It had a few mini games that controlled well and were pretty fun (in the context of playing with people)

Not an 8-9 experience, but maybe a 6-7, but then again I enjoy some of the mario party titles and they were also rated badly, I think it depends on if you have friends or not.

goldenpp72 said:
Plus isnt it a 40 dollar game?
It is $49.99

goldenpp72 said:
I might end up picking it up as the 360 lacks so badly in party games.

Pick up Big Bumpin' & PocketBike Racer if you can still find them! (Or grab them off eBay.) Note, they are region-coded.

Looking forward to Fusion Frenzy 2. The demo was decent enough... and twisted system is definitely in (looks a bit different though). Sumo Paint is a work of genius!

Fun Fact: Fusion Frenzy was one of my favorite xbox games at E3 2001. I think I played it more than Halo.

And the first review is in . . . . . 1Up says . . .
5.0/10. Ouch. But what a terrible review . . . so short and it hardly says anything useful other than Jennifer Tsao didn't like it. No explanation of what did and didn't work. I give that review a 3/10 . . . lazy and uninformative.

I'm eventually getting the game. I find Fuzion Frenzy very fun and enjoyed the demo. I'll probably wait since I don't play multi-player games much (usually stick to single player).

speculawyer said:
And the first review is in . . . . . 1Up says . . .
5.0/10. Ouch. But what a terrible review . . . so short and it hardly says anything useful other than Jennifer Tsao didn't like it. No explanation of what did and didn't work. I give that review a 3/10 . . . lazy and uninformative.

Wow, she didn't even mention online play once, the one major feature that separates this game from the original.
Jennifer Tsao = Laziest High Profile Reviewer CONFIRMED (?)

Brannon

a Master Ninja said:
Wow, she didn't even mention online play once, the one major feature that separates this game from the original.

1up seems to have a thing about ignoring the online portions of games on a console whose defining feature is a superior online experience (compared to other consoles).

Gigglepoo

Shouldn't this get higher than a 5.0 for the simple fact that it is unlike anything else on the system? 1up's score system is all about game recommendation. 10 is just the highest recommendation they can give, it's not a perfect game. So, if you want a party game for your Xbox 360, doesn't this game have to score higher than a 5.0? If it's fun and playable, anyone who loves the genre will need to pick it up.

Though I'm not sure what a 5.0 even means on their "recommendation" scale. It's like a push in gambling. No one wins. Don't buy it but, but don't avoid it either.

Thanks 1up!

GhaleonEB

a Master Ninja said:
Seriously. I'm not expecting this game to blow the top off of the review scales, but that review was pretty worthless. Maybe she's doing the Eurogamer thing and reviewing the online portion in a seperate review.

I really need a four player game.. so I will be picking this up.

The only game my friends and I can play together is COD2 and thats getting kinda old.

Gigglepoo

Wow, she spent half the review questioning the very existence of the game.

Want to know why it exists? Because there aren't any other Party games on the system. Geez, I can't imagine the actual game has less depth than that review.

Jennifer Tsao is one of my all-time least favorite reviewers ever. I have almost always disagreed with what she rated games in EGM. Just go read her Oblivion review.

While I don't think FF2 is going to be some videogame marvel, the stuff I was wondering about on this one was pretty easy: how well is online multiplayer implemented and if any of the games could be truly competitive online; how mini-game design compares to the mario party series and the original FF; and how might they use achievements in a party game.

I'm also curious if the games are really easy to understand. I tend to get into party games with casuals that want to sit and look at the instruction screen for two minutes before each game. They get sassy when you tell them it's just a stick and the A button, so let's start.

From the 1up review i learned it has a cliche fire planet and a 'boring tournament structure.' (and none of the rest of the info)

ChrisJames said:
Jennifer Tsao is one of my all-time least favorite reviewers ever. I have almost always disagreed with what she rated games in EGM. Just go read her Oblivion review.

Well, her review is just a side review . . . but it is so short and uninformative that it wasn't worth even putting up. Her "reviews" are like lame user comment postings.

1up needs a Seal of Quality system like the old nintendo games.

How can the editor let this review pass although i think she might have scored the game too high....the review does not tell you anything about the game.

Two new reviews are up . . . they are bringing the average up. It looks like an OK/good game. I'll probably end up getting it . . . but I'm not convinced to drop $100 to buy copies for me & my nephew right away.

a Master Ninja said:

She does have a new baby keeping her busy . . . but if she doesn't have time enough to write a decent review then don't publish your short uninformative blather.

Sysgen

The demo was good. I want to pick this up but need more impressions. The first one got a lot of play time in our house. If they only f up half of the mini games I would probably still get it. The first one had a lot of stinkers also.

ChrisJames said:

She's one of the worst reviewers in video game history..

Top Bottom