• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I want Mario Chess

FGMPR

Banned
On Switch (of course). Make it kind of like Battle Chess, but with Mario/Nintendo characters, some kooky single player campaign and a sprinkling of typical Nintendo magic. It would be great, imo.

51yQmHm-RXL.jpg

Robin64

What would be the best pawn for Team Mario? I am thinking 1-Up Mushrooms...

Toads would be best, as servants of the Mushroom Kingdom. Just means you can't then use "Toad" in a starring role on the back line, but he doesn't deserve to be there anyway.

This is how I would make it:

Mario: King
Peach: Queen
Yoshi: Knight
Luigi + Daisy: Bishop
Starman: Rook
8 different colored toads: pawns

Bowser: King
Kammy koopa: Queen
Birdo: Knight
Hammer Bros: Bishop
Thwomp: Rook
All 8 Koopalings: pawns

That's about the best I can come up with.

Salamando

For Rooks, Bowser's side gets Airships, Mario's gets either warp pipes or Mushroom Kingdom castles.

The biggest question - Who should be Bowser's Queen?

This is how I would make it:

Mario: King
Peach: Queen
Yoshi: Knight
Luigi + Daisy: Bishop
Starman: Rook
8 different colored toads: pawns

While I agree that Peach should be Queen and Luigi and Daisy Bishops the problem is that Luigi and Daisy don't resemble each other at all while Peach and Daisy are almost palette swaps so they make sense to be the same piece.

Ivellios

It would be very fun if Nintendo launched a chess game with tradicional mode, and one "party mode" with fun additional things like power ups and different rules.

ramparter

Banned
They should release a Mario Chess as eshop title only and then add different themes to download (Zelda, Fire Emblem etc)

theaface

While I agree that Peach should be Queen and Luigi and Daisy Bishops the problem is that Luigi and Daisy don't resemble each other at all while Peach and Daisy are almost palette swaps so they make sense to be the same piece.

Swap Daisy for Nintendo's best character, Waluigi. Job done.

Top Bottom