• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox ecosystem needs to continue existing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighPoly

Banned
I can't even imagine a world without Xbox today...

Sony and Nintendo are making their mercenary chess for a long time...
Imagine if Microsoft stop their great job in the industry...

I don't think they need to focus on hardware selling, but more like the ecosystem!
Bethesda and Activision games needs to be multiplataform, and some special games must be exclusive on Xbox Ecosystem.

The best Microsoft marketing are their games, that people could play and feel the need to sign gamepass!

Stop the mass production of hardwares! Don't really need that... And make the Xbox console a kind of premium stuff. Nothing expensive, but at an always comparable price to Playstation consoles.
Make some upgrade on PC Gamepass and CLOUD, in emerging countries like Brazil, Mexico and South Africa... Keep trying to find a place in JAPAN...

Sell their games eveywhere, but keep treating the Xbox fans very well... The advantages of buying a Xbox, or singing Gamepass!

Keep making amazing games, all kind of games, Platform, FPS, TPS, RPG, Narratives...

I know time is money, but Microsoft has done a great job of cleaning up the mess from the bad years of the Xbox One launch!
If you are blind, please! Open your eyes to a new reality!

Last edited:

phaedrus

Are We Live Fx GIF by BasketsFX

SHA

I could use your anal-ysis to build my own rig, what's the difference, what's wrong with that? You could ask yourself who really cares where to play your games on and who really doesn't?

Dude, they already have to pay some japanese devs to even put their games on Xbox. Selling even fewer consoles will worsen that. Unless this is a very limited multiplatform initiative I think the only way they can stay in console hardware long term is to shift it to Windows.

kyussman

I can't imagine a gaming landscape without Nintendo or PlayStation.....Xbox though,well I enjoyed Halo CE back on the OG Xbox but since then they haven't done anything to entice me in.I think their entire attitude towards software has been a giant missed opportunity.If they vanished I honestly wouldn't care at all.

DJ12

I can't even imagine a world without Xbox today...

Sony and Nintendo are making their mercenary chess for a long time...
Imagine if Microsoft stop their great job in the industry...

I don't think they need to focus on hardware selling, but more like the ecosystem!
Bethesda and Activision games needs to be multiplataform, and some special games must be exclusive on Xbox Ecosystem.

The best Microsoft marketing are their games, that people could play and feel the need to sign gamepass!

Stop the mass production of hardwares! Don't really need that... And make the Xbox console a kind of premium stuff. Nothing expensive, but at an always comparable price to Playstation consoles.
Make some upgrade on PC Gamepass and CLOUD, in emerging countries like Brazil, Mexico and South Africa... Keep trying to find a place in JAPAN...

Sell their games eveywhere, but keep treating the Xbox fans very well... The advantages of buying a Xbox, or singing Gamepass!

Keep making amazing games, all kind of games, Platform, FPS, TPS, RPG, Narratives...

I know time is money, but Microsoft has done a great job of cleaning up the mess from the bad years of the Xbox One launch!
You had me until you said can't.

Ozzie666

They''ve had their time, I'm starting to think it's time for someone else to step up. They own the PC market leading OS, but Steam is number one in their own backyard.
They don't know how to create, only consume and chase the next big thing.

Last edited:

baphomet

Except they haven't. They're doing significantly worse than they were with the Xbox One.

Less people care about Xbox now than any other point in Xbox's life.

cireza

Xbox provide excellent consoles and it would be a huge loss if they stopped making them. This is also why I don't see for them any reason to stop this activity. Let's wait and see what Phil has to say.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
They make good hardware, but their software line up has been lacking. Some great games, scattered amongst mediocracy. There's no more 202* is the year of Xbox.

But, yes. the eco System should hopefully exist and I personally would welcome a £999 xbox eco system driven box with great specs

Just go multiplatform. Its pretty clear most people just ignore xbox exclusive games because of the hardware its tied to. Continue Xbox hardware for the 30 million or so people who wont abandon the ship.

Last edited:

Griffon

No.

The only reason the Xbox division is still here is because of daddy MS money, they failed again and again, pissing money away. Reality was bound to set in.

And no, the only thing that xbox brought as a platform was renting and subscriptions for accessing basic online P2P. Fuck that.

Last edited:

IAmRei

maybe if they are creating something like steamdeck rog ally or legion, along with both gamepass and steam library that worked on the machine, maybe it will work. they doesnt need to trying to hard to be the best, they need to keep supporting their fans better, i think they could survive more.

i might not xbox fans, but i like their game controller, ussing it since 2011 on my PC.

Xbox ecosystem is already non-existent in Asia and Europe. Probably Africa too. Brazil used to have a decent Xbox presence until they stopped taxing PlayStation at 100+% import tax.

Basically, the majority of the human race already live outside the Xbox ecosystem. You will get use to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom