• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Five years of the BANEPOST

So I realised around now is 5 years on from The Dark Knight Rises. More importantly, it means 5 years since the most iconic scene in cinema history.

I don't know why this stuck out so much. The dialogue was a pretty clunky for sure but now the phrase 'big guy' is ruined for me. I'm gonna be thinking of this shit when I'm 80, I just know it.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
I often use that scene to help voices actors or actresses practice out different voices.

I personally like to read it as Bane as Palpatine or Keanu Reeves surfer dude voice

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
pmzXK98.png

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
You think memes are your ally?

SummitAve

Banned
I still don't know why Bane sounds like somebody doing a shitty Sean Connery impression completely removed from the movie itself, and then mixed back in on top of all other audio with inordinate amounts of clarity. Does his voice box have some sort of speaker function I'm not aware of?

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
I get that the scene is goofy, but I never understood the memeness of it. Did everyone who said it made no sense just completely ignore Bane's previous line?

Yeah, I don't get it either. It works fine.

Moose Biscuits

It would be extreamly painful...
The mashup of the Neon Genesis Evangelion intro with that scene is possibly one of the few good things to come from /tv/.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
This is a shockingly poor movie. So badly written and put together. It is embarrassing that this was seen as fit for release.

Toa TAK

Banned
I will forever love this scene just for experiencing Bane's booming voice in the IMAX theater and completely catching me off guard. It was great, intimidating, and almost otherworldly.

Seeing it with other friends in subsequent viewings in the theater, I loved seeing the look on their faces when Bane first speaks.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Top Bottom