• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Predict what your top 5 games of 2024 will be and we'll see how accurately it turned out a year from now

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Did this a year ago and let's do it again:

I correctly predicted 2 of the 5. Tears of the Kingdom and Resident Evil 4 Remake.

For 2024 I'm going to say...

Final Fantasy VII: Rebirth
Dragon's Dogma 2
Eiyuden Chronicles: Hundred Heroes
Hollow Knight: Silksong
Hellblade 2

Honorable mentions: if Metal Gear Solid 3 Remake makes it in the 2024 window, it's definitely going to bump one of those 5 games out of there. There's no confirmation it's a 2024 release though, so not going to include it. Also Suikoden 1 and 2 Remaster. Both are two of my favorite games ever, but they're merely remasters, so I'm going to leave them out. If Metroid Prime 4 comes out in 2024, it'll definitely be in my top 5 as well, but no indication it's coming out any time soon.

Last edited:
Avowed
Harold Halibut
RE1 Remake
Hellblade II
No Rest for the Wicked
Black Widow Avengers GIF

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
1. Trails Through Daybreak
2. Stellar Blade

Thats it so far. Gonna get Tomb Raider Remastered but that doesn’t count in my book. Skipping CoD again next year. Metaphor will probably be good but not hyped for it. This gen is ZZZzzz where are the non-Tekken 3D fighters, the stealth games, the arcade racers? wtf.

Labadal

I guess that these will be my favorite games of 2024.

Eiyuden Chronicle
Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth
Metaphor: Refantazio
SaGa: Emerald Beyond
Unicorn Overlord

I was pretty spot on for my 2023 prediction.

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member
At mid December, next year doesn’t look very promising at all. At this point, my top list in order:

1. Elden Ring DLC
2. Hollow Knight Silk Song
3. Senua’s Saga
4. Persona 3 Reload
5. Luigi’s Mansion 2 HD

Probably a big deal will be the Switch 2 launch lineup which we know nothing about. Maybe Metroid Prime 4.

+ 2023 backlog - Baldurs Gate 3, Advance Wars 1+2

Last edited:

Dazraell

So is Outlaws.

Monster Hunter is officially announced for 2025

As for Outlaws, there were some rumblings that a large game published by Ubisoft was delayed to 2025 fiscal year, which means it can release between April 2024 to March 2025. It was assumed it might be Outlaws, but again, officially it's still coming in 2024 and even with this delay it can still be 2024

I don't know what's coming out next year that I'm looking forward to aside from Elden Ring DLC and Dragons Dogma 2.

Oh the next Nintendo console will be a buy as well providing it releases with at least 2 games I care about.

HL3.exe

Don't even have one, let alone 5.

But I hope Vampire Bloodlines 2 turns out to be a surprise.

Edit: oh yeah, I forget. STALKER 2 maybe. But the performances in the cutscenes come across as cringe, so i'm cautiously optimistic.

Last edited:

kunonabi

Dragonball Sparking Zero
Alone in the Dark
Tekken 8
Unicorn Overlord
SaGa Emerald Beyond

Out of the 9 games I have my eye on I'll bet on these. If dragonball isn't a 2024 release I'll say killer Klowns from outer space.

Griffon

My 2024 list:
- Tekken 8
- Visions of Mana
- Metaphor: Refantazio
- Persona 3 Reload
- Nintendo Switch 2 (I expect a new Mario and Metroid at the least. This thing is gonna be fire)
- FFXVI on PC
2025:
- FF7 Rebirth on PC (I'll just wait)

2023 results:
Armored core 6
Zelda
FFXVI (if it comes to PC in December)
Tekken 8
Trepang2
Well fuck... Trepang2 was just okay, Zelda was boring Bob the Builder shit, and FF16 and Tekken 8 didn't come out on PC in 2023.

- Armored Core 6 was an absolute banger tho.
- RE4R was better than I ever hoped it could be.
- System Shock Remake was an amazingly good surprise.

All in all it was a pretty decent year, plenty of decent games came out, tho I hoped for more A-listers than I got.

EDMIX

lol honestly.

I never really know. Some times a game I was hype about, turns out to be shit (CP2077) some times a game I thought was going to be "meh" is fucking amazing BG3.

So its hard to say, but as many of you know, I can be hype for something and will still voice how I feel it has issues. So, I'll go with an educated guess based on established likes.

Persona 3 remake
Yakuza 8
Death Stranding 2
FFVII Part II
AC Red

Markio128

I can‘t even think of 5 games that I’m 100% confident will be good in 2024.

FF7 R
Wolverine (?)
Stellar Blade
Death Stranding 2
….

I hope there are some great unannounced games for 2024.

Last edited:

KungFucius

King Snowflake
I guess I need a list of confirmed 2024 games. Most I recall seem like good backlog material. The only ones I am sure are 2024 and I am excited for as Day 1 guaranteed is

1. Dragon's Dogma 2
  2. Stalker 2

Alpha Male

Star Wars Outlaws
Assassin's Creed Red
Avowed
Dragons Dogma
Flight Sim 24

Death Stranding 2 would be on my list if it does indeed release in 24

The only other games that are known at this time and releasing next year that I'm looking forward to are:

Hellblade
Tomb Raider Trilogy
Manor Lords
Final Fantasy Rebirth
Stalker

Last edited:

T4keD0wN

Hades 2
Space Marine 2
Homeworld 3
Tempest Rising
Dragons Dogma 2

I dont think Judas and Squadron 42 will release

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

FF VII Rebirth.

Other than that, no idea what's even coming out next year.
The games I see mentioned all seem meh, apart from Hellblade 2.

The only other games I'm looking forward to are for 2025 (GTA VI, Light no Fire and Monsterhunter: Wilds).
So the list for 2024 is really short so far.

EDMIX

The games I see mentioned all seem meh, apart from Hellblade 2.

Damn I almost forgot about Hellblade 2 having a release window lol

I'll probably like it, I liked the first game a lot.

edit. OH YEA! That fucking Star Wars game! lol

day 1.

Last edited:

Chastten

Banned
From what is announced so far, I've got high hopes for Granblue Fantasy Relink, Princess Peach Showtime and Visions of Mana (if that launches in 2024). And assuming Switch 2 will launch next year, that'll have the remaining 2 games for me. Mario Kart 9 and a Xeno port/remake/sequel would be good contenders.

Top Bottom