• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NarKarma EngineA website opens, gets teaser trailer (TRPG-inspired RPG, Novectacle)

NarKarma EngineA, after being recently announced at a Sekai Project panel, has received a teaser trailer.

Sekai Project said:
From Novectacle, the makers of the renown House in Fata Morgana series, NarKarma EngineA is a TRPG-inspired RPG coming soon to both Windows PC and console!

Novectacle's mostly known for its highly-acclaimed visual novel The House In Fata Morgana. OT

The website is also open. It has music playing and it's INCREDIBLE! (I think Gao has returned for the vocals from Fata Morgana.)

Direct MP3 link for the track

Found a few assets:

logo_narkarma_black.png

No release date set, to my knowledge.

Kalor

I'm curious to see how this turns out. I enjoyed Fata Morgana and like TRPGs so this could be a good mix.

Wichu

Just embed it, more pictures never hurt : P

Even if the gameplay is terrible, this will probably still be a GOTY contender ;)

Taking a closer look, the section on the right (with the trash can and bulletin board) is in a different style and at a different scale than the rest of the art.

With that perspective and what looks to be a cave entrance, my guess is that it's in-game assets. I'm definitely up for a 2D hand-drawn RPG.

Loz246789

Inject it into my veins. The music's so good, as expected, but I love the concept too. It's something I've always kind of wanted but not really been sure how to execute properly.

(Also, everyone go play/read the house in fata morgana if you haven't already.)

bobawesome

Fata Morgana is my favorite visual novel and I have spent a stupid amount on the series so I'll follow anything Novectacle make.

Buzzi

Nice, the only RPG subgenre I can still appreciate is SRPG, music and theme seem spot on, the only problem I see is that Sekai logo :p

Was really excited for this when it was announced just because of who is making it. Fata Morgana was a wild ride. I'm digging the art design for this, reminds me of Honyarara's work on DMMD.

Fata Morgana was one of the best games I played this year so I have high hopes for this one! The art style looks really cool and colorful.

Still waiting for that teased sequel to Fata Morgana tho...

bobawesome

Fata Morgana was one of the best games I played this year so I have high hopes for this one! The art style looks really cool and colorful.

Still waiting for that teased sequel to Fata Morgana tho...

The cause for the delay is simple, really. MangaGamer decided they're going to release A Requiem for Innocence alongside Seventh Coat and Erasmus.
In my dreams.

MilkBeard

Looks cool. I'm warming up to the art. At first, I was a little bit turned off from the generic look of the faces, but in each design there is something really interesting and unique. I like the bright colors a lot, and how some of them are mixing tech with more earthy styles.

The music on the website is awesome. I've listened to it a few times in a row now. And after House in Fata Morgana, I am excited to see the story and world of this game. The fact that it has more gameplay and RPG elements is mind-boggling, because I have no idea how it will play, but I'm excited anyway. If they can keep up the same quality as Fata Morgana, this will be another GOTY contender for me.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I like the backgrounds but i'm definitively not a fan of the characters and i'm pretty indifferent to that song tbh.

bobawesome

I like the backgrounds but i'm definitively not a fan of the characters and i'm pretty indifferent to that song tbh.

4qYb4WY.gif

I think I now understand how some Dragon's Dogma fans feel when I tell them Eternal Return is a better song than Into Free.

Kieli

Although the art is less unique than Moyotaro's art (which is fairly distinctive, in my opinion), the colours are vibrant. It's busy, but in a detailed way.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this so much now that I've finished Fata Morgana.

bobawesome

Although the art is less unique than Moyotaro's art (which is fairly distinctive, in my opinion), the colours are vibrant. It's busy, but in a detailed way.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this so much now that I've finished Fata Morgana.

Now that that's out of the way you can join the rest of us in waiting for MangaGamer to finish translating the fandisc. And Seventh Coat. And The Erasmus Two-Faced Stories. And that exclusive story in the Vita version.

"Eternal suffering on all their souls" indeed. :(

Thank you TC for bringing this to my attention. Definitely looking forward to this as I loved Fata Morgana. :)

Hey, no worries! You're always welcome to suffer in this wait with the rest of us ;_;

Agreed on the art! I'll share your pain while we wait ;_;

The T stands for tactical I assume?

No one knows, but probably yes. Heard someone say it could be "tabletop" too, though.

bobawesome

I could be wrong but I think "xyr" is referring to IXTA. I've seen xyr used in the past as a gender-neutral pronoun.

I could be wrong but I think "xyr" is referring to IXTA. I've seen xyr used in the past as a gender-neutral pronoun.
That makes a lot of sense.

Why would they capitalize Xyr if that were the case, though?
I might be reading way too much into this

Shizuka

I have so much of a high expectation for this game, it's not even funny. If it delivers, it'll be GOTY of whatever year it's released.

Top Bottom