• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Another game-breaking Hellblade bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had a game-breaking bug with Hellblade on PS4Pro after playing the first two hours or so. I got to one of those fire stones but it wouldn't let me focus on it. I decided to quit to main menu and then hit continue. When I came back into the game everything looked like a dark hellscape and I couldn't see a fucking thing. I tried quitting and continuing a couple times but nope, my save was completely fucked, couldn't see shit and could tell something was seriously wrong. Why the FUCK does this game have only one save option!?

It's funny, I was pissed at Jim Sterling last week thinking he overreacted, but now I'm pissed that he back-tracked his review. Fuck Hellblade! I just wasted two hours of my life for nothing. And I'm not gonna play it again until it's patched. This is unacceptable and as a HUGE Ninja Thoery fan, I'm seriously disappointed in them right now. With the amount of people on Reddit complaining about running into similar game-breaking bugs, I'm even thinking refund options should be in order.

Greddleok

Oh no. 2 hours of your life. The whole world has passed you by.

Seriously, I think Hellblade is a boring game, but you're massively overreacting. Just restart the game.

Havok1313

Seriously, I think Hellblade is a boring game, but you're massively overreacting. Just restart the game.

Yeah, way to overreact. Just start over and go get the same bug again, that's fun right?
What a shitty post.
Games breaking to the point you are forced to restart them is not okay.

Archtreyz

Losing 2 hours of progressive is a big enough issue to make a thread about it, I think. Definitely enough to hinder the experience.

//ARCANUM

Hey man, I'd be upset after a bug that made me lose 15 minutes of progress, let alone 2 hours. For some people, 2 hours could be all the gaming time they have in a week. I think it's rational to be upset at a game breaking bug. It's a huge bummer and seriously affects the overall experience.

Edit - and as pointed out above, now the stability of the game is in question, so who know if/when another game breaking but will pop up again at any point in another attempt?

Neith

Banned
I'll be honest I value my time. A game breaking bug would not make me hate the game, but it would make me so pissed and I would not play it again for years if I lose say 8 or 10 hours of progress.

2 hours ehhhh I can deal with it.

Daouzin

Yikes, definitely going to hold off on getting it until their's a patch of some kind.

Was hoping to play this this weekend, but I can wait.

I'll be honest I value my time. A game breaking bug would not make me hate the game, but it would make me so pissed and I would not play it again for years if I lose say 8 or 10 hours of progress.

2 hours ehhhh I can deal with it.

I'm gonna give it another chance, but if it happens again, I'm calling Sony for a refund.

Go to your game save file and copy it to a secure folder(or usb), if it happens again delete save file and paste the file you copied.

Same principle no?

Guys it's just a temp solution I offered if you don't want it, sorry for trying to be helpful. Continue to bash away the devs then.

Bash the devs? What about me? I paid $30 of my hard-earned cash and wasted hours of my night. Now I have to replay those couple hours again and waste even more of my time just to possibly have the same thing happen to me again.

Sorry but I'm not looking for a temporary solution, I'm looking for a game that's not fucking broken.

Huh, I had no idea Hellblade was out I remember reading a game informer article on it and it sounded cool. Guess FF13 and Yakuza 0 now are just sucking up too much time.

Sucks that it sounds a little buggy, guess I'll just wait until black friday to pick it up. Is the game any good?

Rellik

One of the worst first posts I've seen. WTF is that shit?

Personally, I can't stand games that don't allow you more than a single save file because of situations like this. But that's cool. I just won't play your game.

duckroll

Bash the devs? What about me? I paid $30 of my hard-earned cash and wasted hours of my night. Now I have to replay those couple hours again and waste even more of my time just to possibly have the same thing happen to me again.

Sorry but I'm not looking for a temporary solution, I'm looking for a game that's not fucking broken.

Well, here are your rational choices:

a) Request a refund
b) Stop playing the game and chalk it up to a loss
c) Use a temporary solution being suggested to try and enjoy the game

He's trying to help, and you're just acting super angry.

Can you just leave now please? The doors over there.

Okay you know what, fuck you. Don't be a dick.

MTC100

Banned
This happens when you let your paying customers be the Beta Testers, horrible game. Jim shouldn't have taken back his 1/10 after all.

Okay sorry :/

Put the game aside, play another game, wait for patch?

I'm running out of ways to help you man, unless you just made this thread to complain :/

He just bad a game breaking bug that just wasted hours of his progress.

Of course he wants to complain. Are you
Fucking daft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom