• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yakuza Kiwami user feedback survey

Peroroncino

Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScaE21WJ-iKMNaV1HN9KFqP2xToutQQgfoCW5lsAoxsmGcWjw/viewform

This is an official survey, so be honest and stay KIWAMI YakuzaGAF!

Update

I'm going to say this again here just so we have a mutual understanding.

This survey is not for making a statement about future localizations. It is a survey for feedback about your experience with Yakuza Kiwami. It's a product survey. It's not a "Yakuza Fan Survey". Incidentally, we had more or less exact same survey for Y0 too. We actually do this for most, if not all, SEGA titles these days.

If you are filling it out with the purpose of making some kind of statement for future localizations, rather than feedback about your experience specificaly with Yakuza Kiwami, you are not helping. If you are one of these such misguided individuals, you are literally making our job harder.

However, if you own Kiwami, have played or are playing it, please do fill it out honestly. In my experience, everyone generally plays nice and it hasn't been an issue to date, but I'm very wary of it being posted outside the normal ecosystem. You're supposed to access it from your PS4 on the drop down dash icon, not post it all around the web.

And thanks for all the feedback. Keep rockin' Yakuza-GAF.

Make sure you ask them to localize Ishin! (and Kenzan if you want, but being a PS3 title only is unlikely to ever happen)

8bit

Knows the Score
Please don't. If you haven't played the game, we don't want your response. I'd hate to have to throw out the entire data set as useless because it was flooded by people trying to make a statement.

However, if you have played Kiwami, please fill it out. Once. Honestly. We love accurate data :)

C'mon man, respect their wishes.

BigEmil

Bet most people who haven't or won't play Yakuza Kiwami will fill in this form for whatever other reason lol

J4g3r

Done, thanks for the link!

Mentioned how I would love a localization of Ishin and included how much I loved Yakuza 0 being the reason I picked up Kiwami.

Skulldead

Make sure you ask them to localize Ishin! (and Kenzan if you want, but being a PS3 title only is unlikely to ever happen)

I forget ishin, argsss sorry ! this would have been a good idea.

But i've still prease the work they did with yakuza localisation. Also add the fact that hard mode, was actualy hard in a yakuza game (exception Y3), it was really refreshing !

Just finished it, very entertaining survey, especially the last page. I gotta show my support for the Yakuza series, hopefully others do as well.

grhoffi

Neo Member
Putting out this kind of survey gives me the impression that Zero did very well & Yakuza Kiwami preorders are probably also looking good for them and they are really actively trying to find out what the western fans want to get their hands on next after Y6. And surely there are plans in the works. I just hope Kiwami does well. I did my part, the steelbook is beatiful :)

I've been on the Yakuza boat since Y3 years ago on PS3 and since the Y0/Kiwami/Y6 localization announcements I've been so happy to see we're getting them here in the West. For Yakuza series, this really feels like a rebirth as the wider audience has finally found the series I've loved for years. I already had lost all hope for localization for the series after Y4/Dead Souls didn't sell. Good time to be a Yakuza fans I guess. Fill the survey everyone!!

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Cool survey and filled out honestly. I've not completed Kiwami yet due to study reasons (usually I'd complete the the story within 2 - 3 days but exams suck) but played over 5 hours at least.

But then I'm probably not really the fan they need to hear from, I'll buy anything Yakuza related released in the west. Give it all to me.

Skulldead

I've been on the Yakuza boat since Y3 years ago on PS3 and since the Y0/Kiwami/Y6 localization announcements I've been so happy to see we're getting them here in the West. For Yakuza series, this really feels like a rebirth as the wider audience has finally found the series I've loved for years. I already had lost all hope for localization for the series after Y4/Dead Souls didn't sell. Good time to be a Yakuza fans I guess. Fill the survey everyone!!

I still think all the yakuza game (except probably the first one) flop hard, i was suprise when they announce Yakuza dead soul and Y4 in english. I think the series had a really bad marketing overall. The word of mouth seem to have help a lot the yakuza series with 0, creating a stand-alone prologue was the best solution to help revival of the series. But i'm sure Y6 will probably flop in US. Pretty hard to sell a game that have 2 really important previous game that take 30-40 hours of storyline to complete. I'm sure it will be the less sucessfull game on the PS4. Just my opinion...

Rellik

I still think all the yakuza game (except probably the first one) flop hard, i was suprise when they announce Yakuza dead soul and Y4 in english. I think the series had a really bad marketing overall. The word of mouth seem to have help a lot the yakuza series with 0, creating a stand-alone prologue was the best solution to help revival of the series. But i'm sure Y6 will probably flop in US. Pretty hard to sell a game that have 2 really important previous game that take 30-40 hours of storyline to complete. I'm sure it will be the less sucessfull game on the PS4. Just my opinion...

I'd pretty much accepted we weren't getting Yakuza 5. What a pleasant surprise that was.

Took it, mentioned I'd love Ishin localization. Also noted that while I gave a 5 to preorder bonus because steelbook is dope, they really should've included a code for the digital preorder theme with it.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
I'd pretty much accepted we weren't getting Yakuza 5. What a pleasant surprise that was.

Yep as a fan since the beginning I had basically accepted the series was done in the west at that point. Thank fuck I was completely wrong.

Kenzan is not gonna happen, not ever. After all this time a PS3 only game would flop so hard that the series would go on another hiatus lol.

I think there's one scenario where bringing both Kenzan and Ishin westward makes sense. So, it's not entirely unreasonable to think they could do an HD remaster of Kenzan in Japan. I think that would then open the door to bringing it westward with Ishin as a double pack. I think a double pack like that is the only way either of those games ever get brought over here.

That's why I said to be honest.

So I gave a pretty detailed explanation of my situation. In the lead up to Yakuza 3 launching here I played through Yakuza 1&2. Yakuza 3's slow start resulted in me falling off the series until Yakuza 0 which I got a good chunk of the way into but got sidetracked by the Switch. I recently picked back up Yakuza 0 and currently own Kiwami with plans to jump right into Kiwami after beating Yakuza 0. I did start Kiwami but I haven't really dug into it so I did specify that my rating of Kiwami is mostly based on my feelings on the original Yakuza 1. Hopefully they still find that sort of thing helpful, otherwise sorry for ruining everything.

DualEdge

You know, something I forgot to include in my survey but would absolutely love to see is for them to start either selling the OSTs or including it in the premium sets that they are selling. To my knowledge, they only sell the soundtracks on iTunes in Japan and it kind of sucks having to acquire them that way given the hoops you might have to jump through due to region lockouts. Anyone who has played a number of these games can tell you that the music is pretty awesome with each game and it would be great to have additional options for buying the OSTs.

Marcel

Here's the visual equivalent of my feedback in the survey:

st7KnHU.png

I answered as honestly as I could.
I like what they're doing but they hope they somehow can cut down on the time it usually takes them to translate a Yakuza game.

Majima! He's everywhere!

StereoVsn

Asked them to bring over Ishin, port 3-5 to PS4 and entire series to PC!

Man, I do love Yakuza series. One of my favorite series in gaming.

Done.
Man, I get excited every time, when it's something about Yakuza. My love for the series it truly something special. If I would be rich, I would buy thousands of copies, to show my love and support.

grhoffi

Neo Member
I still think all the yakuza game (except probably the first one) flop hard, i was suprise when they announce Yakuza dead soul and Y4 in english. I think the series had a really bad marketing overall. The word of mouth seem to have help a lot the yakuza series with 0, creating a stand-alone prologue was the best solution to help revival of the series. But i'm sure Y6 will probably flop in US. Pretty hard to sell a game that have 2 really important previous game that take 30-40 hours of storyline to complete.

May very well be that the series' new found success in the west will be short-lived. However, I believe on the series' longer term success the pricing of Kiwami - it was somewhat acknowledged in the survey too - was absolutely the right thing to do and will hopefully help Y6 sales when it finally lands here in the west. We already have a good word of mouth & critical acclaim for Zero (hopefully sales too) and with the "budget" price of Kiwami & pretty good critical response I'd like to see the sales doing good and carry the paying gamers' attention to Y6. At least the product is not to blame as we are not having dubbed nonsense or cut content this time.

Well the series seems to sell well enough in Japan and Asia alone for there to have been almost two Yakuza games a year for over a decade now. They can't all be flops. I imagine these belated international releases really only have to make back their localisation budgets, which can't be huge.

Filled up the survey. Nice to see some humour throughout it, end had me laughing.

I practically begged them to remaster and localise Y3-Y5 for PS4, and that'll affect my purchase of Y6 lol.

jwhit28

I also recommended this as well. I said
"Unsure about my Yakuza 6 purchase since I haven't. Beaten 3-5". Waiting on 2 is understandable since we need Kiwami 2

I would love this but honestly I'm not gonna have the patience to wait for a HD collection or Kiwami 2 before playing 6.

bigkrev

I put down that putting out 3 games in a 15 month span seems a little too much. I don't even know if Yakuza can work as an annual franchise- the games are long, and if you fall behind on one game, odds are you are just going to fall off the whole series. I really hope that Kiwami 2 ends up being a early 2019 game instead of being rushed out in August/September next year, 6 months after Yakuza 6

Done.

I asked for remakes or remasters of Yakuza 3, 4 and 5, as well as localizations for Kenzan and Ishin. I said I would buy 6, but wouldn't mind waiting for the remakes or remasters of 3, 4 and 5 before playing it.

Betty

Banned
I put down that putting out 3 games in a 15 month span seems a little too much. I don't even know if Yakuza can work as an annual franchise- the games are long, and if you fall behind on one game, odds are you are just going to fall off the whole series. I really hope that Kiwami 2 ends up being a early 2019 game instead of being rushed out in August/September next year, 6 months after Yakuza 6

I asked for it earlier or around the same time frame as 6, there's going to be more Yakuza games after 6 going forward so why not release 2-5 on PS4 in a timely fashion?

I said I was willing to wait between 6 to 12 months in-between Yakuza releases.

Also, I told them the card collection mini-game was bullshit because it had the shit rock-paper-scissor random fuckery that Zero also had. Fuck that shit.

Top Bottom