• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lethal League Blaze announced (PC/Consoles, 2018)

NotLiquid

http://www.lethalleagueblaze.com/

Teaser Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGj8lPwOeKg

az6mxu8.jpg
Lethal League Blaze is an intense, high speed ball game, with unique characters, out of sight sounds and none of that weak shit.

- Up to 4 players
- Online multiplayer
- Multiple gamemodes
- Highly competitive gameplay
You can join our discord, Reptile Hideout, where you can chill and hear the latest news about games made by Team Reptile.

Lethal League Blaze is the sequel to the popular projectile-fighting game Lethal League, to be released in 2018 on PC and console. This time around there will be more characters and gamemodes to choose from. Team Reptile upped their game with improved, high resolution graphics, but the game still maintains the extreme, responsive experience of the original Lethal League.

One of the new characters will be the final boss of the previous game, Doombox. Doombox is an out of control experiment that escaped and took hold of the first machine it could find, an old boombox.

Find out more about the game in the coming months, that is, if you're in the Reptile Hideout or following any of the Team Reptile social outlets!

This was one of the more fun couch competitive/co-op multiplayer games I'd played alongside the likes of Nidhogg but it never felt like it got quite the attention it deserved. Glad to see them back and at it again.

Codeblue

Where the hell did this come from? Amazing news.

Lethal League was such a stylish a fun game. They already confirmed Candyman, so I'm set. Hope the soundtrack is just as good as the first one. I still have some of that music in my rotation.

God that trailer is so good, loved that remix of Ordinary Days.

Cool to see that Doombox is playable as well, along with his annoying as hell sound effects.

Edit: "Join our discord for more updates" isn't something I've seen a lot. Beats another email newsletter I guess.

As much as I enjoyed lethal league, wand wars kind of replaced it for me. Curious to see if Blaze can make LL take the bouncing deathmatch crown back for me and my friends :3

Awesome! They missed momentum bringing the first one to consoles

Hopefully this will give them the success they deserve

jotun?

Absolutely loved the first game. Just work out some of the netcode issues and I'll be the happiest camper.
For how fast the game is, the online play works pretty well. Hell of a lot better than Smash at least.

Playing against people on other continents is rough, but there's not much that can be done about that

IcyStorm

"One of the new characters will be the final boss of the previous game, Doombox. Doombox is an out of control experiment that escaped and took hold of the first machine it could find, an old boombox."

... wait what, did Lethal League have a single player mode?

drac96

This is the news I'm glad I got, but didn't really know I wanted. Over the last few years I have played Lethal League a ton. Can't wait to see what the new characters are like.

I guess I don't really count Doombox, since you can use a code and play as him now haha.

TheRed

Oh shit yes! I was literally just thinking the original should be way more popular. Hype! I will buy this day 1.

membran

This is one of those games I have to list in a text file because the announcement doesn't come with a wishlistable Steam store page.

Mechazawa

The developers did a livestream of the game. Some notable changes from the first:

-Game defaults to having health bars now rather than rounds being strictly OHK.
-Everyone has a double jump.
-The serving player can move around with the ball before serving now.
-You can grab the ball now. Works similarly to the initial serve/Latch's super from the first game.
-The grab has a secondary function as a counter to the parry. If you grab in response to a parry, you'll immediately chuck it back at the person parrying. But you'll eat shit if you try to grab out of a predicted parry and the other players ends up not doing it.
-Since the game has healthbars now, it seems like there's now knockdown on characters too. You can apparently emit some kind of electric field and grab the ball on wakeup when you get knocked down.

"Last September, we found out the obscure fighting game Lethal League Blaze would be coming to the Switch in 2019.

Publisher Oizumi Amuzio has now confirmed it will be released in Japan on 12th July, for the price of 2,000 yen. This will follow with a physical release on 12th September.

The developer, Team Reptile, has also provided a brief update about the western release. In a reply to a fan on Twitter, it said the local launch was also planned for July."

Top Bottom