• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League |OT| Sent to Die

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Finished the story, and everything leading up to it, took me 18.5 hours.
Enjoyed it quite a bit, and once you get used to the movement the gameplay loops actually feels really nice; played with harley for most of it, heck got her to level 30 right at the end of the story and I think she feels the best overall.
The batman experiences were the highlight of the game for me, thought the superman boss fight was the weakest, flash and gl were good. Also liked how all the characterisation was in tact, like flash trying to save harley from a bullet even though she's a villain, or wonder woman trying her best not to kill her friends.

I also like how gear doesn't get outdated as you level up, this way if you find something nice, you don't have to worry about getting something similar through rng at higher levels; I have this grenade for harley that spawns 6 other grenades as a cluster bomb, and an smg that spawns grenades on critical hits, it's my fav combo so far, so I'm glad you're not forced to just throw away gear because new gear has bigger numbers.

The endgame seems to be the weakest part of the game, and honestly I wouldn't mind calling it quits now and just wait for the seasonal story updates, but it might be fun to just fuck around in coop.
I wish even one mod on this site would police just a fraction of this thread.

Lol mods don't care about this thread.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Haven’t been in the thread for like 3 pages. Just caught up.

I wish even one mod on this site would police just a fraction of this thread. The amount of drive by shit posts, or repeat shit post, on a game you haven’t even played yet discuss like you made it yourself, is bat shit insane.

There has to be another thread you can go post in to actually contribute thoughtful posts worth reading.

To waste your time repeatedly to shit on a game you never intend to play is straight degenerate lunatic behavior, seek help, get friends, touch grass.

If your massive hate boner for this game is that large make a separate thread or focus your vitriol into the review thread. 50+ posts easy without actual discussion of the game in the OT is Starfield thread levels of derailing.

——

End game could have potential if RS adds more variety, and injects more bosses in the end or raid like activities to push builds and give a reason to get the sick loot.

Give the thread policing a rest. It’s perfectly valid to be critical of the GaaS genre in general, due to all the evidence we have from recent years of how destructive they can be for games development and consumer value.

And SSKTJL is easily the highest profile GaaS at the moment. This is the OT. It’s going to draw in all sorts of opinion. Some of it based around the fact Rocksteady have gone from the critically and commercially acclaimed Arkham series, to this 6/10 looter shooter with no complete story, and gameplay designed around an ongoing, never ending loop.

Don’t be a child. Put people like me on ignore if you can’t stand the criticism.

Last edited:

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
Haven’t been in the thread for like 3 pages. Just caught up.

I wish even one mod on this site would police just a fraction of this thread. The amount of drive by shit posts, or repeat shit post, on a game you haven’t even played yet discuss like you made it yourself, is bat shit insane.

There has to be another thread you can go post in to actually contribute thoughtful posts worth reading.

To waste your time repeatedly to shit on a game you never intend to play is straight degenerate lunatic behavior, seek help, get friends, touch grass.

If your massive hate boner for this game is that large make a separate thread or focus your vitriol into the review thread. 50+ posts easy without actual discussion of the game in the OT is Starfield thread levels of derailing.

——

End game could have potential if RS adds more variety, and injects more bosses in the end or raid like activities to push builds and give a reason to get the sick loot.

People are allowed to be critical of the game and its genre as long as it stays on topic. Which it has. If you do not like what they say, place them on ignore.

Give the thread policing a rest. It’s perfectly valid to be critical of the GaaS genre in general, due to all the evidence we have from recent years of how destructive they can be for games development and consumer value.

And SSKTJL is easily the highest profile GaaS at the moment. This is the OT. It’s going to draw in all sorts of opinion. Some of it based around the fact Rocksteady have gone from the critically and commercially acclaimed Arkham series, to this 6/10 looter shooter with no complete story, and gameplay designed around an ongoing, never ending loop.

Don’t be a child. Put people like me on ignore if you can’t stand the criticism.

EXACTLY..with people like him almost any negative opinion is a "shit post". I see this all the time from Xbox fanboys on Gaf, who hate seeing Microsoft being heavily criticized. These types will label everyone a "hater" or even more funny, will assume everyone angry at/criticizing MS must therefore be a "Sony fan". When the mods start listening to these people is when this site will truly start to suck. Luckily, the mods are generally good here and that hasn't happened.

Ogbert

Does it have weapons like Anarchy or Gjallarhorn? Looking for a D2 sub right now too. Any dedicated loot for activities?
No, not really. As it’s third person, I think it’s very unlikely you’ll get anything close to that level of weapon uniqueness. And it’s not precise in the way that a first person shooter is.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Okay, Lex Luthor complaining about (and using the phrase) "toxic masculinity" is some bullshit--as is his being so stupid he'd say a monarchy can teach us how to fix democracy.

Why wouldn't Luthor think centralized power is better than putting the power in the hands of the plebs? The entry on WW was - in my opinion - largely a backhanded compliment of the rigid and not at all ideal society (relative to the flawed but freer world Luthor operates in) that WW came from (and choses to leave behind).

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
EXACTLY..with people like him almost any negative opinion is a "shit post". I see this all the time from Xbox fanboys on Gaf, who hate seeing Microsoft being heavily criticized. These types will label everyone a "hater" or even more funny, will assume everyone angry at/criticizing MS must therefore be a "Sony fan". When the mods start listening to these people is when this site will truly start to suck. Luckily, the mods are generally good here and that hasn't happened.

I’ll take mod advice and just place people on ignore if needed. Which I have yet to do for a single person on the site because I’m not a weak minded pussy. This game, or any for that matter, isn’t worth rallying over like it needs my defense. Plus, I’m not a mod so I’ll STFU and sit down.

My issue is NOT criticism of the game though. Plenty to discuss in that regard. I gave it a 7/10, and listed numerous issues and things that could make it better.

My issue has been people who have not played a fucking second of the game form an opinion to keep discussing it non stop. Surely you have better shit to do? Guess not.

It’s like the guys on steam with .1 hours played who buy a game, write a negative review, and refund. It boggles the mind that people take the time and effort to do this as if it serves any purpose.

To each his own.

Back to Persona 3R! Cheers.

Why wouldn't Luthor think centralized power is better than putting the power in the hands of the plebs? The entry on WW was - in my opinion - largely a backhanded compliment of the rigid and not at all ideal society (relative to the flawed but freer world Luthor operates in) that WW came from (and choses to leave behind).
It was pretty clear to me that the game's writers want you to see the Amazons as an ideal society because it's all women, and then they backtracked from that to "and we can look to them to fix our democracy" without giving any thought as to what kind of society the Amazons actually have (one that's the absolute opposite of diverse, mind you!).

Of course Luthor wouldn't mind some monarchy (preferably by his family), but he would never say monarchy can show us how to fix democracy (which he would only support if it benefits him, personally).

Arsic

It was pretty clear to me that the game's writers want you to see the Amazons as an ideal society because it's all women, and then they backtracked from that to "and we can look to them to fix our democracy" without giving any thought as to what kind of society the Amazons actually have (one that's the absolute opposite of diverse, mind you!).

Of course Luthor wouldn't mind some monarchy (preferably by his family), but he would never say monarchy can show us how to fix democracy (which he would only support if it benefits him, personally).
Wolverine game will be a shit show with what they’ll try to shove down gamers throats.

SS does a better job than Spider-Man 2 In not bludgeoning you over the head with this stuff.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Sweet Baby Inc. gonna Sweet Baby Inc. I guess. More and more studios continue to use them. I really couldn't care less as long the game is enjoyable. But I feel bad for those that really can't stand any or all of their material because from the looks of the games they've been involved with over the years they're not slowing down anytime soon.

Wolverine game will be a shit show with what they’ll try to shove down gamers throats.

SS does a better job than Spider-Man 2 In not bludgeoning you over the head with this stuff.
Yeah, I'm sure it'll contain the same material that upsets some folks honestly.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Now #3 on PSN in the US. Overtook 2K and COD.
m9gAAZP.jpg

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I’ll take mod advice and just place people on ignore if needed. Which I have yet to do for a single person on the site because I’m not a weak minded pussy. This game, or any for that matter, isn’t worth rallying over like it needs my defense. Plus, I’m not a mod so I’ll STFU and sit down.

My issue is NOT criticism of the game though. Plenty to discuss in that regard. I gave it a 7/10, and listed numerous issues and things that could make it better.

My issue has been people who have not played a fucking second of the game form an opinion to keep discussing it non stop. Surely you have better shit to do? Guess not.

It’s like the guys on steam with .1 hours played who buy a game, write a negative review, and refund. It boggles the mind that people take the time and effort to do this as if it serves any purpose.

To each his own.

Back to Persona 3R! Cheers.

"I'll take mod advice"... proceeds to not take mod advice.

People are allowed to be critical of a GaaS even if they haven't played the particular GaaS in question, because GaaS games follow a very set format that we are all very familiar with. That is half the problem with them as games. They are repetitive, and all follow the same gameplay loop, because they are all designed to keep you playing, instead of providing a complete experience.

Also, it's very possible to form an opinion of a game based on the material you see provided by other people. Your complaint that only people who have played the game have any right to comment on it is ridiculous. The problem with SSKTJL is that it is a GaaS game. Nobody needs to play it to understand that, and evaluate its worth accordingly. Are you claiming it doesn't function as a GaaS game? Because what evidence can you provide to back up that assumption?

Or maybe you just like GaaS games, and don't like it when other people don't?

Last edited:

Arsic

People are allowed to be critical of a GaaS even if they haven't played the particular GaaS in question, because GaaS games follow a very set format that we are all very familiar with. That is half the problem with them as games. They are repetitive, and all follow the same gameplay loop, because they are all designed to keep you playing, instead of providing a complete experience.

Also, it's very possible to form an opinion of a game based on the material you see provided by other people. Your complaint that only people who have played the game have any right to comment on it is ridiculous. The problem with SSKTJL is that it is a GaaS game. Nobody needs to play it to understand that, and evaluate its worth accordingly. Are you claiming it doesn't function as a GaaS game? Because what evidence can you provide to back up that assumption?

How am I not following mod advice? Why would I need to put you on ignore? Seems more like you want me to for some reason. If I bother you just ignore me. Just because I find your opinion irritating and is formed without any basis IE playing the game, doesn’t mean I can’t engage with you if I feel it worth my time to do so.

Comment on a game without playing it? Sure. Continuously dunk on it without any merit? Seems idiotic. If someone went to eat at a restaurant and told you a burger there is bad from a picture he saw of it, then 10 people ate it and thought honestly it’s pretty good but maybe could have a better bun, but then you come along and go no no it’s dog shit because of this picture I saw… yeah I’ll take the opinion of the 10 who ate it to hold more weight.

What’s crazy to me is to keep talking about the burger when you have no intention of eating it.

Now as to the problem with GaaS as a whole. GaaS can work and be done very well. See path of exile or Fortnite for examples. The issue is when it’s done half assedly, often at launch, where end game is bad. Which, as in my prior posts, I’ve said SS end game in its current state is poor. Too often the end game gets fixed in a year plus of time like how Destiny 2 got better with expansions, or Diablo 3 got better when its expansion hit.

It suck’s asking gamers to shell out money for more content in order to keep the company pockets filled enough to pay for the development time to get the end game correct. When a GaaS launches with everything thought out it’s amazing, but is very rare.

Too often AAA development is focused on the front end because they know that’s what sells the game. Look at how the FF16 demo got so much praise. Then the actual game comes out and the pacing issues and bad side quests are found. This problem goes hand in hand with players too because when you look up completion rates for games it’s a very low %age of the overall player base. So that’s why devs try to make the first chunk of the game as impactful as possible to get those sales right away.

Hope that explains it.

I think SS would’ve been better off with another 3-5 hours of single player content, and maybe some co op shenanigans for players who want to play after credits roll. Otherwise, they needed to spend much more time making a more robust end game where they had bosses and maybe raid like activities akin to Destiny.

It’ll be interesting to see what feedback they take for season 2 onwards since season one is probably already complete and just going through QA. They could absolutely make a much more fun end game if variety and bosses come out to test your builds.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Now #3 on PSN in the US. Overtook 2K and COD.

It's probably not a great idea to keep posting these as proof that the game is doing well, because it comes back on you when the game drops again. You had screengrabs a plenty of the Steam rankings when it was top two or three, but it's now dropped right back to 9th:

zUyKjmh.jpg

Not exactly good on the weekend of release for a major AAA game. With that and the poor player count, it's becoming somewhat obvious the game is selling to a hardcore minority, and everyone else is ignoring it.

If the game's popularity surges over the next few days, that'd be certainly worth posting about. Would prove it's landing well with a broad range of consumers.

Last edited:

gatti-man

Oh cut the shit. All GaaS games do not play the same. If you hate GaaS games why even be in the thread at al? Anything you have to say will be worthless to anyone interested in discussing THE ACTUAL GAME. Seriously. Grow up. There are genres of games you just aren’t going to like and that’s ok.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Oh cut the shit. All GaaS games do not play the same. If you hate GaaS games why even be in the thread at al? Anything you have to say will be worthless to anyone interested in discussing THE ACTUAL GAME. Seriously. Grow up. There are genres of games you just aren’t going to like and that’s ok.

Some of you really need to calm down a bit. It's a video game, not a cornerstone of your personality. SSKTJL represents the GaaS formula to an absolute tee, and it's perfectly okay to talk about it within that context.

Maybe instead of chucking the insults around, you can say why you feel this game is actually good? What is it about the mission structure you like? Are you okay with there only being a very limited amount? What about the boss fights? How do you feel about the final boss fight being a reskin of the first? Are you happy with the amount of enemy types? How do you feel about the story having no solid ending? Is it worth $70 to play, knowing you have to pay even more to get a full product?

All I'm getting from this thread is that people don't actually like this game all that much really, but they do love the GaaS formula, and feel the need to defend it - without actually stating at all why they like it, and instead just resorting to insults.

Last edited:

Arsic

Some of you really need to calm down a bit. It's a video game, not a cornerstone of your personality. SSKTJL represents the GaaS formula to an absolute tee, and it's perfectly okay to talk about it within that context.

Maybe instead of chucking the insults around, you can say why you feel this game is actually good? What is it about the mission structure you like? Are you okay with there only being a very limited amount? What about the boss fights? How do you feel about the final boss fight being a reskin of the first? Are you happy with the amount of enemy types? How do you feel about the story having no solid ending? Is it worth $70 to play, knowing you have to pay even more to get a full product?

All I'm getting from this thread is that people don't actually like this game all that much really, but they do love the GaaS formula, and feel the need to defend it - without actually stating at all why they like it, and instead just resorting to insults.

What about my initial review I put up upon completion where I pointed out what I liked about the game along with what I didn’t? Does that have any merit by your standards or no?

FunkMiller

Gold Member
What about my initial review I put up upon completion where I pointed out what I liked about the game along with what I didn’t? Does that have any merit by your standards or no?

Yeah. I read it. Fair enough. It sounds like you're very forgiving of the way GaaS games are constructed, which is fine. Each to their own. What's not fine is you acting like a child and throwing insults around because some do not like the way GaaS games are constructed, and behaving like none of us should have the right to say that in the OT about the biggest GaaS game this year.

Last edited:

Arsic

Yeah. I read it. Fair enough. It sounds like you're very forgiving of the way GaaS games are constructed, which is fine. Each to their own. What's not fine is you acting like a child and throwing insults at me because I do not like the way GaaS games are constructed, and behaving like none of us should have the right to say that in the OT about the biggest GaaS game this year.

For the umpteenth time. You could go join the folks shitting on it in the review thread, or make a separate thread focused on discussing GaaS issues you got and use it to paint your picture.

However, refer back to my hamburger analogy above. You just sound bitter people are enjoying it, and want to belittle those who do.

My issue with you isn’t that you don’t like the game, or don’t like GaaS, its that for some reason you want to keep posting SSBAD without playing it in the games OT, where people , idk, want to discuss the game with others who are actually playing it.

What do you want to accomplish with your posts? That may be a better way for me to understand you and your thought process.

Again, everything you want to piss on the game for, would hold more weight with me if you played it first hand to draw your own conclusions. I don’t think we can see eye to eye since, when I shit on , say, lords of the fallen last year, I played it to near completion. (Couldn’t finish due to a massive save data deletion of time bug)

Last edited:

JayK47

Okay, Lex Luthor complaining about (and using the phrase) "toxic masculinity" is some bullshit--as is his being so stupid he'd say a monarchy can teach us how to fix democracy.
I remember when Lex Luthor was toxic, masculine, and awesome. Modern audiences and all that. I think I have seen enough of this game to know it is not for me.

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
I have played quite a few hours now of Suicide Squad after borrowing a friend's copy while he went on vacation for the next week.

So far only a handful of Jokes have landed. The overall narrative has its moments, such as the mission with the Batman museum but overall feels much weaker than all previous Rocksteady entries. Very much like Spider-Man 2 in that regard for me. Some moments feel like they should, others feel so heavy handed/poorly written I am wondering if they had someone with brain damage writing on the weekends.

Combat can be fun in short bursts, but also feels like a step back from Batman and his cohorts. Melee is very limited to mostly knock ups, at least so far, with a single target and AoE "ability" and a focus on guns which... just feel like any third person shooter. Traversal doesn't feel as skillful or interesting as Batman's either. Having so many characters feels like they stretched the team too much and never gave enough tools to each character, making them feel anemic instead of fully fleshed out.

Missions seem very basic as well. So far I have encountered "Kill enemies to gain items to use on shield. Repeat x times" and "Kill enemies until you get a notice to save a person, bring them back to the point, and repeat x times". Not much in variety so far.

The side content also feels incredibly weak. A few side quests so far that just unlock better versions of certain stores/occasional tools that aren't always at your disposal. Those tools also lack in variety or choice. Very simplistic in design. Also got like 70% of the collectibles in the first 5 hours and I wasn't even trying to find them.

I wanted to give the game the benefit of the doubt given it is Rocksteady and I have adored their last three games, but I really wonder where the effort and time went in this game. Unless they scrapped it and rebuilt something in 2 years?

FingerBang

Well, Sweet Baby isn't just barging into studios and taking over. They're being hired to consult and do narrative work. The reality is, if they continue to get work, they're not going anywhere. 🤷🏻‍♂️
I am starting to think having that shit in the game is somehow mandatory. It stands out in SS since it seems put there to check some boxes. Same for Spider-Man 2 and others

Ideological flags
Strong women, Weak men
Diverse characters

We good boys.

Btw, liking the game a lot so far, but ffs can't stand the way that goddamn Hack character talks. I can pinpoint exactly what bothers me, but it's a mix of her accent and the delivery. It's just awful.

Arsic

I have played quite a few hours now of Suicide Squad after borrowing a friend's copy while he went on vacation for the next week.

So far only a handful of Jokes have landed. The overall narrative has its moments, such as the mission with the Batman museum but overall feels much weaker than all previous Rocksteady entries. Very much like Spider-Man 2 in that regard for me. Some moments feel like they should, others feel so heavy handed/poorly written I am wondering if they had someone with brain damage writing on the weekends.

Combat can be fun in short bursts, but also feels like a step back from Batman and his cohorts. Melee is very limited to mostly knock ups, at least so far, with a single target and AoE "ability" and a focus on guns which... just feel like any third person shooter. Traversal doesn't feel as skillful or interesting as Batman's either. Having so many characters feels like they stretched the team too much and never gave enough tools to each character, making them feel anemic instead of fully fleshed out.

Missions seem very basic as well. So far I have encountered "Kill enemies to gain items to use on shield. Repeat x times" and "Kill enemies until you get a notice to save a person, bring them back to the point, and repeat x times". Not much in variety so far.

The side content also feels incredibly weak. A few side quests so far that just unlock better versions of certain stores/occasional tools that aren't always at your disposal. Those tools also lack in variety or choice. Very simplistic in design. Also got like 70% of the collectibles in the first 5 hours and I wasn't even trying to find them.

I wanted to give the game the benefit of the doubt given it is Rocksteady and I have adored their last three games, but I really wonder where the effort and time went in this game. Unless they scrapped it and rebuilt something in 2 years?

I would definitely love a deep dive on this game and what all happened. I bet a similar story to Anthem would surface.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Apparently Wonder Woman is 'our greatest hope... and maybe the strongest force for good Metropolis has ever known.'

Metropolis. F'KIN METROPOLIS :messenger_tears_of_joy:

She's a great character and all, by if a writer makes a statement like this, then that writer probably shouldn't be writing games about DC comic characters, you know?

Last edited:

Zuzu

I’m wondering if a lot of their time has gone into making the seasonal content. If they’ve been spending their time developing like the next three seasons and those are all ready to go then that could explain why the base game has limited contented and where a lot of their time has gone. We shall see in the future I guess.

SCB3

I think if this game had not been linked to the Arkham verse and instead was left to stand on its own then people would be far more forgiving of the story and lore stuff

Judging by the impressions here the game is worth it once it reaches the price of $20 which, judging by the impressions, won’t take more than a few weeks.

This almost certainly happened. The Rocksteady bigwigs didn't leave that long ago but it's clear they did not make this. This shit was made recently by their new DEI/Black Lives Matter/Pride staff.

Apparently, there was a sexual harassment thing at Rocksteady a few years ago - that's probably what led to the company's demise because the progressive, corporate HR demons took over and the majority of the talent left. The same thing happened at Ubisoft. These woke types are aggressive and predatory at the best of times, never mind when they've been given a mandate from corporate. It really is like watching something you love taken over by the pod people and turned unrecognizable - like a creepy cult that infects everything.

Last edited:
You have to be kidding me. What in the living fuck?
This is from the insane woke bios for all the characters. Lex Luthor actually says this about Wonder Woman and the Amazons. It's ridiculously bad writing. The bio for Batman is even worse though - just dripping with hatred for the character. You just know that's what the devs actually think of Batman. It's amazing - the pod people who took over Rocksteady didn't stop to think - we've made three Batman games, maybe we should treat this character with reverence and respect. Nope, they were just too happy to dunk on the straight rich white, male character - never mind it's the studio's entire fucking legacy.

FunkMiller

Gold Member
I think if this game had not been linked to the Arkham verse and instead was left to stand on its own then people would be far more forgiving of the story and lore stuff

If it had been a single player Suicide Squad game in a similar style to Guardians Of The Galaxy, which had a beginning, middle and an end for a story, then I think a lot of what happens in the game would be different. If they'd actually been tasked with writing a full story, instead of 'start a story we can keep churning out content for ad infinitum' then it probably would have been an awful lot better.

There's nothing wrong with a story where the Suicide Squad kill the Justice League, but this version of it is very poorly written and implemented. Largely because it has to fit into the never ending GaaS storyline format that never allows anything to draw to a satisfying conclusion. That's the worst thing about all of this. Rocksteady can write a really good story. GaaS format prevents them doing this.

SCB3

If it had been a single player Suicide Squad game in a similar style to Guardians Of The Galaxy, which had a beginning, middle and an end for a story, then I think a lot of what happens in the game would be different. If they'd actually been tasked with writing a full story, instead of 'start a story we can keep churning out content for ad infinitum' then it probably would have been an awful lot better.

There's nothing wrong with a story where the Suicide Squad kill the Justice League, but this version of it is very poorly written and implemented. Largely because it has to fit into the never ending GaaS storyline format that never allows anything to draw to a satisfying conclusion. That's the worst thing about all of this. Rocksteady can write a really good story. GaaS format prevents them doing this.
You're focussing far too hard hard on the Gaas part a bit, yea its there but until the Endgame parts it feels no different than a lot of RPG's in so many ways, I don't disagree, I'd rather this be a 100% SP story driven game like the Arkham games though, GotG was so good at being that

SCB3

Speaking of, I rolled Credits this morning and the Brainiac missions are very misleading in terms of difficulty it says they are compared to what they feel, a lot easier

I wanted to echo what others have said, I think once I was done with the story, I'm pretty much out with the game, its a fun weekend game I think and it would've held up much better as a GotG like Single Player game, as it stands its a solid 7 or 8/10 imo and would've been an easy 8 had it focussed a bit more on that

I'll keep an eye on the future DLC and if intuiged I may jump back in, but seeing as I've not even done that with Diablo 4 since beating that first season, I don't think its likely, still this game is 100% a good one to pick up on sale for a blast through

Speaking of, I rolled Credits this morning and the Brainiac missions are very misleading in terms of difficulty it says they are compared to what they feel, a lot easier

I wanted to echo what others have said, I think once I was done with the story, I'm pretty much out with the game, its a fun weekend game I think and it would've held up much better as a GotG like Single Player game, as it stands its a solid 7 or 8/10 imo and would've been an easy 8 had it focussed a bit more on that

I'll keep an eye on the future DLC and if intuiged I may jump back in, but seeing as I've not even done that with Diablo 4 since beating that first season, I don't think its likely, still this game is 100% a good one to pick up on sale for a blast through

I always play through these games 1 year minimun after launch.

Just had a run through Redfall and had a blast. It was totally wrecked at launch.

winjer

Gold Member
It's probably not a great idea to keep posting these as proof that the game is doing well, because it comes back on you when the game drops again. You had screengrabs a plenty of the Steam rankings when it was top two or three, but it's now dropped right back to 9th:

zUyKjmh.jpg

Not exactly good on the weekend of release for a major AAA game. With that and the poor player count, it's becoming somewhat obvious the game is selling to a hardcore minority, and everyone else is ignoring it.

If the game's popularity surges over the next few days, that'd be certainly worth posting about. Would prove it's landing well with a broad range of consumers.

I have to agree with you. And let me add a bit more.
Looking at it's player count o Steam, is seems to be close to something like Forspoken.
And that sold around 200K units on Steam. There is also players on consoles, but I would not be surprised if this game only sells around 1M copies.
Considering that this game was under development for 9 years, in a AAA studio, I doubt it will ever break even.

MiguelItUp

Oh yeah, for sure. But I feel like people would still pick at things TBH. Especially if it was still a GaaS.

ManaByte

Gold Member
There is also players on consoles, but I would not be surprised if this game only sells around 1M copies.

The Arkham games were bigger on consoles than PCs. This is currently the #2 game being played on PlayStation in the US above 2K and COD. Only Fortnite has more people playing.

winjer

Gold Member
The Arkham games were bigger on consoles than PCs. This is currently the #2 game being played on PlayStation in the US above 2K and COD. Only Fortnite has more people playing.

Is it?
I have never seen the sales numbers per platform for these games?

ManaByte

Gold Member
That these games sold more on consoles.

People have selective memory and nostalgia glasses. The Arkham games were primarily console games and the PC versions were broken. Arkham Knight's PC port was a total disaster at launch. Suicide Squad's isn't far off.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
The true "Batman Experience" fight was both infuriating (the mechanic in the beginning was not explained well, and I legit was like "What the hell is happening here. . ." - wasn't until Deadshot's section where I was like "Oh okay - " but even then the FOV was just not conducive to what they wanted to achieve here. I do like the "idea" of it, but the execution could have been a bit better. The actual boss fight though was pretty fun and a good way of making The Batman the enemy (otherwise what would the encounter have been realistically against a guy who typically wins fights before they start).

. . .the teams reaction upon getting the drop on Batman ranks right up there with Boomerang's "It's Superman! Ah fuck, it's Superman!"

Last edited by a moderator:

winjer

Gold Member
People have selective memory and nostalgia glasses. The Arkham games were primarily console games and the PC versions were broken. Arkham Knight's PC port was a total disaster at launch. Suicide Squad's isn't far off.

So you don't have any numbers for sales per platform....

Top Bottom