• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Andromeda will be coming to EA Access

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/918167220940713985

DL38LbIVAAAO1V4.jpg

Hahahaha damn it I just spent $15 a week or two ago just to play through ME:A. Ah well.

How many days early access is the Battlefront 2 trial gonna be?

Griss

I played the free demo thing that they put out on PS4 that takes you just past where you've recruited Peebee, and I hate to say it, but... even having made that amount of progress I wouldn't download it even for free.

Just not a good game in the slightest. The gameplay is really mediocre, and the writing is so 'off', tonally. Feels like the big bang theory in space or something. No one seems to have any urgency or real human reactions, everything is played lighthearted, for laughs. It's awful.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Cool, I was planning on going through all three ME games on origin access for the third time soon, so I'll play andromeda right after.

GHG

Ok I'll get a month of origin access if I ever want to try this. At 3.99 I can't complain if it's as shit as people say it is.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
And to think I paid full price for this. I should have just kept on playing WoW instead if I knew I could play it for a few dollars in the same year.

Theorry

Will play it when the next Battlefield arrives and i need EA Access for early access and if it gets a X update.

And to think I paid full price for this.

Same here. I even order a new graphics care primarily so I could play this game at max settings.

But not only was the game itself a major letdown, the graphics weren't even anything to be impressed with outside of a few environments.
I was at least expecting an improvement over Dragon Age Inquisition (since that game came out several years before), but that game actually looked better overall (better character faces, better and more varied environments, better animations in general).

At least a graphics card is still good for all other PC games, ME:A is just a weak reminder of one of my favorite franchises from last generation that I'll probably never play again. I think it tops Dragon Age 2 as my least favorite Bioware game. It doesn't help that I actually had expectations for ME:A, so I was extra disappointed (DA2 I didn't think looked great from the beginning, and I didn't even buy it until years after release for like $5).

I was waiting for this. After the 10 hour trial that I played less than two, it was clear for me that it would be available before the end of the year. I hope it comes after the college exams.

HKA6A7

Same here. I even order a new graphics care primarily so I could play this game at max settings.

But not only was the game itself a major letdown, the graphics weren't even anything to be impressed with outside of a few environments.
I was at least expecting an improvement over Dragon Age Inquisition (since that game came out several years before), but that game actually looked better overall (better character faces, better and more varied environments, better animations in general).

At least a graphics card is still good for all other PC games, ME:A is just a weak reminder of one of my favorite franchises from last generation that I'll probably never play again. I think it tops Dragon Age 2 as my least favorite Bioware game. It doesn't help that I actually had expectations for ME:A, so I was extra disappointed (DA2 I didn't think looked great from the beginning, and I didn't even buy it until years after release for like $5).
DA2 at least had an idea of what it wanted to do and tell (A small story of "Local guy throws a party with friends, almost destroys the world, neighbors made it worse"), MEA on the other hand, it's a big blob of content without a clear vision, makes the game incosistent, even boring, in some sections.

Marcel

Mass Effect Andromeda should be the new optional legal tender for burritos. 1 copy = 1 burrito. Digital copies will earn you a virtual burrito DLC that simulates the pleasure of eating a burrito with none of the hassle.

DA2 at least had an idea of what it wanted to do and tell (A small story of "Local guy throws a party with friends, almost destroys the world, neighbors made it worse"), MEA on the other hand, it's a big blob of content without a clear vision, makes the game incosistent, even boring, in some sections.

100% agreed.

Fun fact: Game is a lot better today than it was at launch. It's no longer March, and if you ever wanted to play it, now is the best time.

100% agreed.

True, my main complaint with DA:2 was that I just didn't love the story (particularly that your choices didn't have much impact in the overall story, which is a big reason why I like Bioware games) and I never really got used to the changes they made to the character progression and equipment. Looking back on it I did at least like one or two of the characters. I might even go so far as to say I MIGHT be willing to replay it someday. It did manage to give Dragon Age a visual identity it desperately needed; Origins was great, but outside of some of the monster designs most of it was extremely bland.

ME:A I disliked the story (and like DA:2 I also felt like your choices were largely meaningless), I didn't particularly like a single one of the characters, I found the main character terrible no matter what dialog choice I picked, and it completely dropped the ball on a great concept (starting over in a completely new galaxy) by having things be almost exactly the same as out Galaxy except with two new alien species and a largely unexplained evil space cloud.

I just bought Andromeda a couple of months ago for around $35. Good game, but would have been great if I waited. Oh well. Doesnt break my bank. Just adds value to the service.

Top Bottom