• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus Makes Fake Metroidvania SMT Trailer to Promote Strange Journey Redux

FluxWaveZ

https://youtu.be/LllPFcrGsP4

Atlus made this Jack Bros.-esque, Metroidvania looking SMT game to promote SMT: Strange Journey Redux's release in Japan.

But this fake game looks cooler, tbh. Almost feel like it looks way too detailed and real to be fake, but the trailer makes sure to let it be known that it's a fake.
2tAz3Zh.jpg
kHPJUH0.jpg

gVI7kkB.jpg
8ldgdBh.jpg

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Do we know that it's fake? Somebody translate!

They flashed up a price and that came up again at the end of the trailer. Could be an e-shop title?

HotHamBoy

Why they do this?

What the fuck wrong with them?

Can I hold out hope that this is a prank-within-a-prank and maybe they're just gauging interest on how much more they want to put into it?

Strings

How bizarre o_O

Is this by the same guy who made the Konosuba sidescrolling game? The style looks remarkably similar.

Yeah, I got the same vibe. Iunno, this probably ends up being a real, small game - otherwise, why put thought into game mechanics like melting the ice etc for a trailer?

HotHamBoy

Watching the video it really seems like there's too many mechanics on display for it to just be a toss-away gag and it's even weirder to go through all that effort just to outright tell you it's fake in the same video. It would make more sense to show all of that if they wanted you believing it was real.

Like, save it for April Fools Day or something?

Would be neat if this were Atlus' first Switch game. Imagine if it had local co-op.

If was real it would obviously be a 3DS game because it's a tie-in with another 3DS game.

I'm day 1 for Jack Bros Metroidvania, especially with that Alice boss battle. Please be real.

Good that now I at least know about this Pharaoh Rebirth game.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I'm 1000% sure it's real, i dunno if as standalone game or as minigame but i'm sure it's real.
It already happened that a game shown as a prank became real, this is definitively the case, it looks too well made to be just a prank.

Sorry i'm not into the series, is the blonde girl a known character? If not that's another evidence that this is a new game.

I'm 1000% sure it's real, i dunno if as standalone game or as minigame but i'm sure it's real.
It already happened that a game shown as a prank became real, this is definitively the case, it looks too well made to be just a prank.

Sorry i'm not into the series, is the blonde girl a known character? If not that's another evidence that this is a new game.

It's Alice. She's a recurring demon in the series, all the characters in the video are.

Egida

Neo Member
Oh my God yes, please make it real. Make a kickstarter if needed, I'll throw much gold at it!
And please include this guy:

306119.jpg

HenryEen

Banned

The blonde girl is Alice (based on Lewis Carroll's Alice and Scandivanian folklore). One of the more known Demon in the series.

'Would you die for me ?'

Joey Ravn

Banned
Alternative title: "ATLUS plunges its fist through your chest, removes your heart and eats it while you watch."

That fake game looked amazing :'(

_Ryo_

I'd rather play the platformer. Keep the alignment endings though.

Chaos ending. Jack melts and his snow covers the entire world and a new ice age begins.

Top Bottom