• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus Makes Fake Metroidvania SMT Trailer to Promote Strange Journey Redux

NotLiquid

v9gyZkr.jpg

This looks almost point for point like the KONOSUBA platformer. The sounds, the power select screen, the movement. Its way too good to not be real.

Nosgoroth

Yeah, I'd be shocked if the people who made that Konosuba game aren't involved in this, there are too many graphical and UI design cues that are similar.

Also, Atlus, as far as I'm concerned you can keep the RPG and sell me this.

Vic_Viper

That looks awesome lol. Thanks Atlus!

Seriously wish this game was coming for the Switch. This along with Metroid make me really tempted to get another 3DS but its just not happening again.

keitarofurude

Neo Member
isn't it kinda weird that they did a trailer for a game and then decided not to show any actual footage of that game and instead throw at us footage of a fake but amazing looking game? 🤔

Steel

Banned
My guess is that they made a bunch of assets for a game that got canceled and this is where they ended up.

gngf123

Strange Journey is one of my favourite games of all time, but the remake is doing nothing for me.

Honestly would be much more interested in this.

Capra

Uh... what the fuck? Why would you put so much effort into making a fake-out game look so good?

I mean, what the fuck does Atlus even gain by teasing fans like that?

Hylian7

I'm really sad that was fake, it would have been so cool if it was real. Hopefully Atlus sees an overwhelming response of sadness that it was fake and makes it a reality.

Oh my God yes, please make it real. Make a kickstarter if needed, I'll throw much gold at it!
And please include this guy:

306119.jpg

He was in that video at one point.

woopWOOP

Looks great. Shame it's fake.
Maybe these reactions will convince them to actually develop a small title like that tho?

Eusis

What they've made wouldn't scale to 3DS without significant changes to the HUD and field of view.
Would make for an awesome Switch game though.

Or just make it a PC exclusive for maximum trolling (well, teasing us with that then saying "fake!" was the real max trolling...)

Top Bottom