• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Folks Souls Ps3 pics

Lagaff

Gub'mint Researcher
Sony Computer Entertainment diffuses some new images of Folks Souls: Forgotten Legend in the Japanese magazine Famitsu. After Genji: Days of the Blade, Game Republic thus attacks a new play of action and adventure on PlayStation 3 putting in scene the Ellen young person, helped by a journalist named Keats, in an adventure which will carry out it in beyond, a world populated of creatures called Folks. The principle consists to weaken and absorb monsters for then using them during the search, a little with the manner of Pokémon. The exit of the play is planned for next June in Japan.

(Source: Famitsu)

54131420070402_163637_0_big.jpg

54131420070402_163638_1_big.jpg

54131420070402_163639_2_big.jpg

54131420070402_163639_3_big.jpg

54131420070402_163639_4_big.jpg

Source

joshschw

this looks very similar to the monster kingdom game. name change?

doesn't look great either, pretty basic enviroments save for the flower fields

Wollan

1up Show dedicated to TGS/X06 had a very good preview of this game. Looks pretty neat actually with soul capturing and 'real time combat'. One of the rare jrpgs I will be picking up.

Defuser

joshschw said:
this looks very similar to the monster kingdom game. name change?

doesn't look great either, pretty basic enviroments save for the flower fields
IIRC The name was changed....

slade

Pics won't show up for me. Anyway, I'm at least interested in this game since I liked Genji 2 much more then either Dead Rising or Lost Planet.

mckmas8808 said:
One of the prettiest next-gen games coming this year. BY FAR!

Yeah, if Genji 2 is any indication, this game is likely to be gorgeous looking all in all....as for the gameplay....er...hmmm....it sure is going to be damn pretty though!!

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Yeah, if Genji 2 is any indication, this game is likely to be gorgeous looking all in all....as for the gameplay....er...hmmm....it sure is going to be damn pretty though!!

you cant even play genji though...the camera is so bad...if the camera is fixed in this its a start...honestly its difficult to know how this will turn out given its an rpg...hope comes from the fact that it seems rather original and it does look nice...

peace

tanod

when is my burrito
They did change the name from Unknown Realms. Thank god though. I kept getting this confused with Untold Legends when I saw the name (not the coverage). Pretty smart though.

I thought this was an action/adventure game. JRPG = me a lot more excited about this game. When is it coming out though???

ARGH, I need some release dates Sony.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Ya, that video makes this look seriously good (graphics I mean). The pulling out souls part seems nice too. It's from Game Republic though, it's hard to get excited about their games.

teiresias

The preview at gamevideos looks really nice and they seemed to have fun with the demo they played back at the time.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
looks pretty neat -- genji 1 was good enough that i have some confidence in gr's abilities. and i have a sneaking fondness for parts of genji 2.

Jim

drohne said:
looks pretty neat -- genji 1 was good enough that i have some confidence in gr's abilities. and i have a sneaking fondness for parts of genji 2.

At the very least, it'll LOOK good. It was solely the visuals that had me trudge through Genji 2 to the end.

Terrible name, but lovely character design and visuals. That flowerbed reminds me of the MGS3 final battle too.

Will it still be called Monster Kingdom elsewhere?

jarrod

Banned
Surreal said:
I hope this game will be good, but it's Game Republic. I really shouldn't get my hopes up. :/
Yeah... Game Republic's basically the biggest nosedive a startup with promising talent's had since Artoon. Still, if Oshima and friends can turn it around, there's definitely hope for Okamoto's studio.

7Th

The game looks art-wise the same, with some improvements to the technical attributes, but they changed Ellen's design in the official art, she looked amazing in the previous cover. :(

hyonoid

An action/adventure game by Kouji Okada (the father of the Shin Megami Tensei series) that takes you through seven mysterious and yet Earth-like worlds. The game features two main characters. Ellen, a shy college student who's studying comparative civilizations, receives a letter from her mom, who died when she was a child. The letter says "I want to meet you," and suggests that Ellen go to the town of Remrick. There, she meets Keats, a journalist who handles the occult corner of a magazine. He receives a phone call from an unknown girl asking for help. When he gets to Remrick, he finds that the girl has already been killed, and decides to start up an investigation.

An action/adventure game by Kouji Okada (the father of the Shin Megami Tensei series) :)

An action/adventure game by Kouji Okada (the father of the Shin Megami Tensei series) :)

Defuser

hyonoid said:
An action/adventure game by Kouji Okada (the father of the Shin Megami Tensei series) that takes you through seven mysterious and yet Earth-like worlds. The game features two main characters. Ellen, a shy college student who's studying comparative civilizations, receives a letter from her mom, who died when she was a child. The letter says "I want to meet you," and suggests that Ellen go to the town of Remrick. There, she meets Keats, a journalist who handles the occult corner of a magazine. He receives a phone call from an unknown girl asking for help. When he gets to Remrick, he finds that the girl has already been killed, and decides to start up an investigation.

Link pls

Wollan

Silent Hill 5?

Lain

I really hope this will be a good game, because the styilistic direction really interests me.
Also if it came out in October in EU too would be cool (simultaneous releases for all games would be even cooler).

teiresias

hyonoid said:
"You are playing this on the playstation triple, introducing an anomaly into the programming of the game development community. Herego, contrary-wise, your very existence is contradictory to the accomplishment of massive damage against the matrix."

kevm3

Those scans make the game look awful, but it looks quite good in motion, and the animation is impressive.

Top Bottom