• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wow @ Resident Evil 4 Wii boxart PAL

resident-evil-4-wii-pal-boxart.jpg

That is very nice stands out compared with the Gamecube one:
resihigh.jpg

and the PS2 one (which is admittedly the same but redder):
00142667.jpg

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
I like the actual art, but yeah, black/red is a much better combination. The logo is harder to make out on the Wii boxart, and the white glow effect to compensate for that just makes it look cheaper.

painey

PS2 version looks the best by far.. white background just doesnt work, looks like he is standing in front of a nuke blast.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm really looking forward to this. Only €30, widescreen and we PAL'ers get to play the game for the first time in progressive scan. Joy all around.

Chainsaw guy gets closer every time this game gets ported, by the time RE4 comes out on a handheld in Europe he'll be right behind you!

I only just realized Dr. Salvador is also carrying a hand-axe.

Chainsaw guy gets closer every time this game gets ported, by the time RE4 comes out on a handheld in Europe he'll be right behind you!

:lol

Jonnyram

All of the PAL boxarts for RE4 knock the shit out of their US and Japan counterparts. Japan's in particular, are so terrible. I'm jealous :(

Man, I am literally lolling. this is the first time for that. i don't know why. seeing that gray rectangle head getting closer and then it is gone is fvcking gold jerry.

medrew

They've changed some of the trees slightly from the PS2 box and removed one of the birds and moved another one's location.

What does all this mean? I'm expecting a full report when I come back in an hour

medrew said:
They've changed some of the trees slightly from the PS2 box and removed one of the birds and moved another one's location.

What does all this mean? I'm expecting a full report when I come back in an hour

It means the Wii version had to be sacrificed due to it's inferior processing capabilities.

Mama Smurf

My penis is still intact.
That's sexy as hell.

I'm such a whore for RE4, I'll be buying it again. It'll probably be updated to next gen graphics someday too, and I'll be back once more.

cvxfreak

Jonnyram said:
All of the PAL boxarts for RE4 knock the shit out of their US and Japan counterparts. Japan's in particular, are so terrible. I'm jealous :(

For the Wii edition, so far I'd agree. But I really am not a fan of the red on the GC and PS2 versions. :(

Here's Japan's boxart from Play-Asia, but I don't know where they got the original image.

pa.90745.2.jpg

D.Lo

PAL GCN Box is still the best IMO. Minimalist and classy.

PS2 and Wii boxes are ok though. PS2 one having a lot of trees is a bit lame since since they cut 70% of the trees from that version :D

Top Bottom