• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFcast Episode 017: Elastic Doohickeys (07-03-07)

Hyoushi

GAFcast? Returning? Nah, we'll pretend it's business as usual. John tv joins Blackace, DCharlie, ddk and sp0rsk to give us impressions of Zelda: PH, Trusty Bell, Folk's Soul, Crush and more! This extra long cast also includes a new retro gaming segment and of course the regular OT and offline discussions.

Direct download link

GAFcast main page

Subscribe to the GAFcast:

Hyoushi said:
GAFcast? Returning? Nah, we'll pretend it's business as usual. John tv joins Blackace, DCharlie, ddk and sp0rsk to give us impressions of Zelda: PH, Trusty Bell, Folk's Soul, Crush and more! This extra long cast also includes a new retro gaming segment and of course the regular OT and offline discussions.
]

SOLD. sp0rsk is back!

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
like, FINALLY

and the content on this one sounds amazing. plus sp0rsk is back woo

hopefully the return will be more consistent now.

Awesome haven't heard one of these since I joined here! I think the last one I heard was the Ductaped Wii one. The intro is pretty tight!

applaudance :lol

See, this is why I like sp0rsk. His analysis of Twilight Princess was spot on.

Edit: Sorry, sp0rsk, you're wrong. Amir0x will bitch just because it's 3D on the DS. :lol

Hyoushi said:
kipyes.gif

Wollan

I did specify on the first page that the 380 number was globally and divided between disc/PSN/PSOne blablabla..
Thanks for the mention though. ;)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
There's a really awful noise I hear in the background. Just starting listening though.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Y2Kev said:
There's a really awful noise I hear in the background. Just starting listening though.

Yeah, I noticed that as well.
I'm kind of curious as to what the editing situation looks like; do they share the same mic?

Tom_Cody

Without sp0rsk the GAFcast was nothing. Those last few without him were terrible. It's great to have Johntv as well. I have high expectations.

Hyoushi

Kiriku said:
do they share the same mic?
Yeah think so, this was all recorded at Blackace's place, and yeah there is some annoying sound from an AC unit or something. Couldn't get it to completely disappear but it got lessened in my NR pass :p

I enjoyed the 'retro gaming' segment. Wasteland ****ing rocks your ****ing faces the **** off! (And, just a correction, it wasn't released in '84...more like '88.) Hope you guys continue with the podcasts.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I just listened up until the retro segment, which was the best segment overall. And I'm glad they're gonna keep doing it. About soundtracks, one that I've been recently incredibly impressed by is the one for Silver Surfer (NES). Also by Tim Follin. It was mentioned in the Mega Man music thread recently and I thought I'd check it out. I was just... amazed, didn't think stuff like that was possible with the NES soundchip. There are tempo changes, bridges, what have you. Even though the soundtracks we have today can be pretty awesome, 8/16 bit soundtracks are superior because they were uniquely connected with the medium back then. They were distinct abstractions of actual music, which gives them their charm. Next week should include a full Mega Man 2 segment :p

RPS37

Unfortunately, I know exactly what they're talking about with the "pictures becoming really unappealing" problems. >_<

Nobody on the GAFcast could even get close to beating Ninja Gaiden? :(
I think sp0rsk will be surprised at the NG2 announcement next week.

a Master Ninja said:

Since recording that podcast I have finished both (Sigma and Original) :D For some reason I was able to hop back into the original, continue from my save game and fly right through it. Totally weird stuff.

Unfortunately, I am still unable to finish Breakdown. I'll talk about that next podcast....

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
a Master Ninja said:

Hey, I did!

Oh and I apologize for not being close to the mic. I went to the store and got a 900 yen headset microphone for next week.

Top Bottom