• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime 3 to soon be playable at EB/GS Kiosks

Duke Togo

4ubs4d5.gif

loosus said:
Neat. Hopefully, it'll be action-packed, not a shitty scan fest.

You'll have 'troid fans on your ass, but I agree. For as niche as the game is, it is still possible for it to be more accepted than it already is.

angelfly

If they can make demo disc for the kiosk why not just put them in the consumers hand. I really don't want to head down to EB just to play a demo
but I will

TJ Spyke

loosus said:
Neat. Hopefully, it'll be action-packed, not a shitty scan fest.

I loved getting to know more about the worlds, enemies, etc. through scanning. It made the game better IMO and feel like you were Samus, I don't want it to turn into another mindless shooter game.

G-Fex

I hope it's not with that stupid shooting lazers crap, it's not even lasers it's short bursts of pew pews, don't even get a nade launcher or rifle. Even the rokkit launcher sucks, hope they make it better. And vehicles instead of that stupid ball, come on, at least put spikes on the ball or giant spider mech legs. Also make the armor more skimpier, need something to look at between shooting stuff.

Also headshots and slowmotion button would be nice.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Nice, good idea. I think I'll stop by the NWS on Monday to see if they have it up. Haven't been there in some time.

Shinoobi said:
Is that what was at E3 '07?

E3 had several areas. Those who had the most hands on time with game got to play through 3 areas:

1. Olympus - the GF ship at the start of the game where you fight the Beserker Lord before heading down to Planet Norion.

2. Norion - the GF base where the EB/GS demo seems to be set. This is where Samus meets
Ridley
in the end of the demo.

3. Skytown - this is the new area in introduced in E3 07. A lot of videos were shown of this place. You fight Steamlord here, but we haven't seen any more past this.

As far as I know, some people at E3 even got to play some more of the game. Apparently TSA got to play in a new area, a lava word, which was demonstared during the E307 Nintendo conference by Jackie. This area can also be seen in the latest Metroid video labelled 'Air Assault."

G-Fex said:
I hope it's not with that stupid shooting lazers crap, it's not even lasers it's short bursts of pew pews, don't even get a nade launcher or rifle. Even the rokkit launcher sucks, hope they make it better. And vehicles instead of that stupid ball, come on, at least put spikes on the ball or giant spider mech legs. Also make the armor more skimpier, need something to look at between shooting stuff.

Also headshots and slowmotion button would be nice.

:lol

Metroid Halo Prime Bioshock Corruption Payne?

kaiten

I played it earlier today at my local GS. Its not a demo, but the full game, like they had with Super Paper Mario.

TJ Spyke

Wonder if any of those discs will just "happen" to disappear since the release date is still 10 days away. :D

If it's true, I will avoid it so the game will be fresh for me when I get it.

kaiten

Well I only played for about ten minutes due to there being a long line (about 10-15 people) but the game looks a whole lot better in motion than the screenshots suggest. It's a lot more cinematic and ambitious than the other two prime games. The people playing the game before me had set the difficultly setting to novice, so I didn't get to use the free aim lock-on system. Over all I was impressed with the game and can say that this game is what Prime 2 should have been.

EDIT: On a side note, I'll probably be avoiding GS until the release so I won't be compelled to beat the game before release like I did with SPM.

angelfly

kaiten said:
Well I only played for about ten minutes due to there being a long line (about 10-15 people) but the game looks a whole lot better in motion than the screenshots suggest. It's a lot more cinematic and ambitious than the other two prime games. The people playing the game before me had set the difficultly setting to novice, so I didn't get to use the free aim lock-on system. Over all I was impressed with the game and can say that this game is what Prime 2 should have been.

Nice, I guess I'll hold out until it's released so not to spoil the first experience.

kaiten said:

EDIT: On a side note, I'll probably be avoiding GS until the release so I won't be compelled to beat the game before release like I did with SPM.

Can I ask a few questions:

1. What area(s) did you play?
2. How was the aiming? Smooth and precise?
3. How were the visuals? Textures? Particle effects? Lighting?
4. Were there any framerate problems?
5. Did you perform any motion sensing actions (eg: opening locked door)? How did this feel?
6. How was the voice acting? How was the music and sound effects?

Thanks. :D

bigmakstudios said:
HOLY SHIT. MEGATON CONFIRMED.

I don't see why that would be even remotely close to a megaton. Try playing a demo at an EBGames for more than 5 minutes, it's a challenge... Now try to complete the whole game :lol I prefer waiting 2 weeks and playing it in my living room.

If you said megaton because there'll be a ton of spoilers before the game's release... donotwant.gif

kaiten

Alkaliine said:
Can I ask a few questions:

1. What area(s) did you play?
2. How was the aiming? Smooth and precise?
3. How were the visuals? Textures? Particle effects? Lighting?
4. Were there any framerate problems?
5. Did you perform any motion sensing actions (eg: opening locked door)? How did this feel?
6. How was the voice acting? How was the music and sound effects?

Thanks. :D

1. I believe I was on Norion, but since I was there for a brief time, I may be wrong.
2. The aiming was perfect, thought he turning was slower on the novice setting.
3. The graphics are definitely a step up from the Gamecube games. There is definitely bump mapping in the game, because when I walked up to a wall, the textures weren't pixelated. The lighting and particle effects are again a step up from the Gamecube games and impressive for a wii game
4. None that I experienced.
5. Only the grapple function (which was fun as hell) and the morph ball jump (flick the wiimote)
6. The voice acting was amazing for a Nintendo game (Which isn't saying much). The music alternates perfectly between epic and ambient and is better than Prime(from what I've heard so far). The sound effects I didn't notice as much due to being in a crowded store and all, but hopefully will be as great as the first two Prime games.

NotWii

Banned
Cool, Nintendo is advertising Metroid Prime 3 pretty well this time
Now hopefully they follow up by sending this demo to every Wii.

kaiten said:
1. I believe I was on Norion, but since I was there for a brief time, I may be wrong.
2. The aiming was perfect, thought he turning was slower on the novice setting.
3. The graphics are definitely a step up from the Gamecube games. There is definitely bump mapping in the game, because when I walked up to a wall, the textures weren't pixelated. The lighting and particle effects are again a step up from the Gamecube games and impressive for a wii game
4. None that I experienced.
5. Only the grapple function (which was fun as hell) and the morph ball jump (flick the wiimote)
6. The voice acting was amazing for a Nintendo game (Which isn't saying much). The music alternates perfectly between epic and ambient and is better than Prime(from what I've heard so far). The sound effects I didn't notice as much due to being in a crowded store and all, but hopefully will be as great as the first two Prime games.

You are awesome. Awesome are you. :D

EktorPR

For all people living in San Juan, PR:

I entered Babbage's in Plaza las Américas earlier in the afternoon, and the demo was a no-show. Instead, they had a satellite map showing the projected path of tropical behemoth Dean on the Internet Channel. :lol

poor Jamaica :(

kaiten said:

I don't want to nitpick what you're saying, but bump-mapping doesn't really have anything to do with pixelated texture (at least from how you describe it :p). I'd say it's most probably because they're using higher resolution textures than on GCN due to size of DVD vs. GCN minidisk. Maybe better filtering is used too.

Top Bottom