• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games (formerly SEEDS, rest its soul) Official Site is Up

john tv

http://www.platinumgames.co.jp/

top_img.jpg

^ This chick obviously didn't hear about the name change. :(

IzumiK

Banned
That site is beyond horrible compared to the last one.

duckroll said:
Wow, it seems Minami runs Platinum Games now. That's indeed... odd. :lol

Only noteable is DMC3... >_>;; What's Inaba doing?

john tv

The logo is fine IMO. Damn shame about the name, though. But what are you gonna do -- they have some of the most talented creators in the business working there. Awful name or not, you know they're gonna make good stuff, so we may as well forget about the name. There's more important stuff to complain about in this industry -- like Rare still existing, for example. :lol

They'll always be SEEDS to me, anyway. (sniff)

JDSN

Banned
What does it says in the job section?

Someone carefully dissect the pics and take them out of context:

h06.jpg

w09.jpg

The guy behind Kamiya looks like he is playing Xbox.
w20.jpg

OMG PS3/360 CONFIRMED!
h09.jpg

Kamiya is there.

john tv said:
The logo is fine IMO. Damn shame about the name, though. But what are you gonna do -- they have some of the most talented creators in the business working there. Awful name or not, you know they're gonna make good stuff, so we may as well forget about the name. There's more important stuff to complain about in this industry -- like Rare still existing, for example. :lol

They'll always be SEEDS to me, anyway. (sniff)

they will always be Clover to me.

and what freaking controller is that? it is driving me crazy, it seems like a PSP and a duke controller had a baby that was dropped on its head.

IzumiK

Banned
h06.jpg

Let us plan our assault on Capcom. Here are some concept games that we held back on them. The revolution begins!

h09.jpg

Hey take a look at this... wait... what are you looking at? It's not that big!

w09.jpg

Let us play new Capcom games and laugh at how much they suck compared to when we were there.

wsippel

Banned
JDSN said:
The guy in looks like he is holding an Xbox controller.

OMG PS3/360 CONFIRMED!
It's a trap. It's not about what's there, it's about what's missing. Cellphones/ DS/ Wii confirmed!

jett

D-Member
*shakes head*

I bet they're going into the exclusive development of pachinko games.

I'm just kidding, but everything about this, the name, the logo, the website, looks like shit.

PolyGone

Banned
someone really should have told them how lame Platinum Games sounds compared to SEEDS. Its like a no-name brand game company. Ugh. Don't they have any english speaking friends? foreigners? etc??

Troidal

With that crazy looking girl, we just need to bring that kid with the controller and gun from the Vii thread and we're set for the future! :lol

IzumiK said:
I wouldn't display a perfect grade Gundam at work. It'd be stolen. =(

that is true, I keep mine on the top of my shelf.

and the logo really isnt a problem, I mean is this any less awesome?:

2gwexbc.jpg

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
dont give a fuck what their name is as long as they make games like Okami.

(Also it would be wise for Sony to take these guys under their wings. Platinum could use the moneyhats and sony could use the exclusives.... )

IzumiK

Banned
Linkzg said:
that is true, I keep mine on the top of my shelf.

and the logo really isnt a problem, I mean is this any less awesome?:

~pets Master Grade Gundam Wing Zero Custom Endless Waltz and Perfect Grade Gundam Wing Zero Custom~

Yeah the logo is okay.

Kodiak said:
dont give a fuck what their name is as long as they make games like Okami.

(Also it would be wise for Sony to take these guys under their wings. Platinum could use the moneyhats and sony could use the exclusives.... )

I think so too. Sony is good to their developers and they're known not to be pushy with anyone since the dawn of the PS.

Busty

Banned
Deadly Monk said:
They said a long time ago their next project is on 360. I hope someone can find the quote...

I think speculation was that 360 was their platform of choice for their launch game, I don't think they ever commented themselves.

Though I do think Mangod suggested as much on a 1upYours a few months ago.

Acosta

Minami wasn´t on producer and supervisor roles? I suppose he is more used to the executive side of a company and that is why he takes that role (you don´t want Kamiya as president, he wouldn´t be involved on games, that is what we want from him).

And agree with John, is one of the more talented studio right know, their name is not important at all.

Top Bottom