• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Everyone play the Yuusha no Kuse ni Namaikida demo NOW! <3 <3 <3

duckroll

http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/namaikida/trial/pc_dl.html

After seeing the Famitsu review for 10/8/8/10, I was intrigued. Why would any publication, even moneyhatted, give a fucking 10 to an Acquire game? It's not like they're a big developer, and the game looks like a 8-bit retrotrip wannabe nostalgic trap!

Then.... I downloaded the demo and played it. HOLY SHIT. I'm buying this day one next week. :D :D :D

Everyone MUST try this. It's in Japanese, but the language barrier is pretty low. You basically move the cursor around and use [] to dig tunnels to expand your dungeon deeper, make it mazier, etc. Breaking tiles with moss on them will release slimes, which then fertilize the tiles as they move, sucking nutrients from other moss tiles, etc. Then they grow into flowers for a short while before splitting into multiple slimes. White-ish tiles will release dog-like monsters that feed on slimes, and then grow into flying monsters. If you manage your eco system right, you can get tiles that are fertilized to the point where they are totally white and if you break them then, they will release lizardmen. They create a cave and feed on the monsters while laying eggs to breed more lizardmen.

The trick is that each stage, some dumbass adventurer will explore the dungeon either alone or with friends. And you have to kill them all before they capture the dungeon master. Once they show up you get to place the dungeon master in a location anywhere in your dungeon. If they get to that point, capture him and manage to escape to the surface, you lose. Ther dungeon is persistent from stage to stage so it just keeps getting bigger. The demo is 3 stages longs. FUN FUN FUN!!!!!!!!! I've played it 10 times over now! :D

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I've always wanted to play as the bad guy in an RPG.

But yeah.. I've had my eye slightly on this for awhile and surely it'll get translated somehow even if it doesn't cop a US release.

duckroll

It takes a minute to download new firmware. COME ON IT'S WORTH IT! THE DEMO FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111!!!!!!!!!!!

kassatsu

Banned
duckroll said:
It takes a minute to download new firmware. COME ON IT'S WORTH IT! THE DEMO FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111!!!!!!!!!!!
I wanna try it, but I like CFW more than a game demo :x. When I tried to run it earlier, when you were talking about it in the Famitsu thread, I cried a little on the inside when the error popped up.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Damn never knew the game looked so awesome either. It's very PC old school but in pretty sprites. Heck even the hero invading your dungeon looks like he was ripped out of Dragon Quest :lol

Sale +1.

duckroll

kassatsu said:
So duckroll, is this like a tower defense game?

http://www.freewaregames.net/towerdefense.asp

I guess you can consider it a tower defense game in a highly evolved way. You don't really build anything, you only create paths to be travelled, and unleash creatures based on what's available in the ecosystem. You can't control anything directly. Unlike tower defense games, the adventurers don't follow any specified path, since there is none. How they might or might not travel in the dungeon is determined by what kind of paths and mazes you have created. If you make a dungeon confusing enough, they'll wander for a looooong time without finding the dungeon master and get mobbed and raped by the monsters. :D :D

kassatsu

Banned
duckroll said:
I guess you can consider it a tower defense game in a highly evolved way. You don't really build anything, you only create paths to be travelled, and unleash creatures based on what's available in the ecosystem. You can't control anything directly. Unlike tower defense games, the adventurers don't follow any specified path, since there is none. How they might or might not travel in the dungeon is determined by what kind of paths and mazes you have created. If you make a dungeon confusing enough, they'll wander for a looooong time without finding the dungeon master and get mobbed and raped by the monsters. :D :D
:D Sounds awesome, I hope it gets released in the US.

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
duckroll said:
Why would any publication, even moneyhatted, give a fucking 10 to an Acquire game?

Because Acquire rock? :D

Serially though, I'm glad they've found a niche (and SCEE funding), as I was concerned they'd get lost in the jump to next-gen. :D Now we just need a Red PSP action game and the platform will have officially saved Christmas. :D

:D:lol

I like how the page takes half a second to load on my PC yet I'm still waiting for it to load on my PSP.

Oops I have no idea what I'm doing.

So wait do I install the new firmware first and then click on the first link? I've never downloaded a demo on my PSP before(especially not from a JPN site).

NOT ENOUGH MEMORY??!?
Fuck you Baltimore!

I feel like such an idiot. I'm stuck at the browser page and I can't tell what from what.

Okay I found a link to their flash site. But all I'm seeing is an interview, a FAQ, and a stream to something.

I agree with this thread.

As I stated in the Famitsu thread, when I first heard about it I had no interest at all, but after downloading the demo on a whim (and knowing absolutely no Japanese) I fell in love with this game. It is a blast to play and has a cool style, but I REALLY wish I could what I was doing! There must be a LOT of monsters / heroes available in the full game, because you can check the encyclopedia in the demo and there are a ton of locked entrys.

I really hope it gets released in the US.

duckroll said:
This confirms it, everyone who owns a PSP is a fucking hacker. FUCK IT. :(

so, youre saying that this demo is better than playing any of your own PS1 games on your PSP? because that is just one of the reasons having CFW is awesome.

duckroll

Linkzg said:
so, youre saying that this demo is better than playing any of your own PS1 games on your PSP? because that is just one of the reasons having CFW is awesome.

SHUT UP! I DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT ANYMORE! T_T

duckroll said:
PEOPLE COME ON PLAY THIS FUCKING DEMO! :(
Yeah first I have to find the PSP find the charger find room on the memory card download the update try to install it there's not enough battery announce "christ al-fucking-mighty" to no one in particular god DAMN it psp

Fady K

duckroll said:
This confirms it, everyone who owns a PSP is a fucking hacker. FUCK IT. :(

:( Ive never hacked my PSP though. Im currently playing this - i dont know where this game came from but it freakin rocks.

PEOPLE UPDATE YOUR PSPS AND GET THIS NOW.

Bleh, I tried to upgrade to 3.72 HX-2, but when the hacked official installer starts, it just hangs and the PSP shuts off. :(

It's getting to the point where I'd rather keep a second system for "official use" and just use my former 1.5 for homebrew.

duckroll

Kobun Heat said:
Yeah first I have to find the PSP find the charger find room on the memory card download the update try to install it there's not enough battery announce "christ al-fucking-mighty" to no one in particular god DAMN it psp

I went through all that too, but it's WORTH it! :D

I just got a new PSP (the Daxter pack) for actually playing games and stuff and keeping up to date on firmwares...so this is great!

Don't you worry, this demo is copying onto my PSP as we speak.

I will give this a try when I get back from class. Though, I'll have to hex edit it.

When does the full game come out? Is it being released through the PSN store or via UMD?

edit: Here is my attempt at hex editing it. I couldn't find a good resource on hex editing the firmware requirement so don't expect this to work. I am away from my PSP at the moment so I cannot test it. You guys will have to do the testing for me.
http://medievalmaniii.googlepages.com/NPJG90009h.zip
(you will need at least 3.71 firmware to run this)

Cruzader

Banned
kassatsu said:
FYI you need 3.72fw.

Not true, IF you have a Custom/modded PSP that is....
[EDIT: I think it will work on Official FWs too that are below or on 3.52]

I have 3.52-4(M33) and i hacked the PSP demo's EBOOT to make it work on it. If anyone wants to play this but not update to Un/Official 3.72, then reply here and i'll upload it.

Also i agree with OP. This demo rocks and im thinking on buying it which might make it my first Import game for PSP.

Top Bottom