• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Post Your Virtual Boy Collection!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heel

marie-empty-room.jpg

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Ok I think the mods need to start handing the ban hammer around.

I am getting sick of these "Post Your ***** Collection!"

I'm still kicking myself that I didn't pick up a Virtual Boy for $30 back in '96 when Target had them on clearance. Would love to have that along with Wario Land and Mario's Tennis.

medze

Virtual Boy may lead to blindness, migraines, and.... umm... I think tumors too... But really, does anyone have one of these, and if you do, do you ever actually play it?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Brownie points to whoever posts "Post your ENTIRE collection!"

AndoCalrissian said:
I'm still kicking myself that I didn't pick up a Virtual Boy for $30 back in '96 when Target had them on clearance. Would love to have that along with Wario Land and Mario's Tennis.
You missed out. I got one at TRU on clearance for 30$ and Wario Land and Mario Tennis for $10 each.

Virtual Boy... I remember thinking that Wario Land looked great, but not wanting to get one because it was so obviously doomed. It's too bad, it was an interesting system... I remember playing demo-station units a few times. There were a couple of really good looking games that were in development at the end that got cancelled... I'd have loved to have seen Zero Racers (this one even had a 2-page Nintendo Power spread... but never came out), Bound High, and Dragon Hopper.

Oh yeah, and I would think that that picture probably is a complete collection. Looks about right sized to be one... there were 22 games released for the system overall, 14 in the US and 19 in Japan (3 US exclusive, 9 Japan exclusive, 10 in both regions).

*Counts boxes in picture* Nope, that's 25... probably there are both American and Japanese versions of a couple of games. :)

I owned a Virtual Boy once. A local supermarket was having a contest for it and being the dumb kid that I was, I wanted one.

They didn't check for cheating so on my way home from school I'd stop by and pick up a massive stack of entry forms. Take'em home, fill them out, drop them in the entry box on my way too school the next morning. On my way home, I'd stop, get some more, and repeat. I did that for four days solid or so. No surprise, I won. Came with Mario Tennis. I really liked it, but there was one fatal flaw:

I was like, 12 or 13. No Job. The VirtualBoy took like, 4 or 6 AA batteries for three hours of play time. I could do that in a single day easy. And it was a month until Christmas.

Too impatient to wait and get the A/C adapter for Christmas, I took it back to Wal-mart (which was right across the street from the supermarket I won it from). By the time I had taken it back a week later the price had already dropped $20. With the money I bought a Sega Game Gear, three games (Sonic: Triple Trouble, Sonic Drift 2, and Super Columns), an A/C adapter, and a package of batteries.

I owned a Virtual Boy when it first came out, along with Mario Tennis, Mario Clash, and Wario Land.

I liked the games just fine, but having to play it on a table was annoying.

I eventually sold the lot for 20 bucks.

I actually wish I still had it.

I own:

3D Tetris (pretty good)
Galactic Pinball (awesome)
Golf (good)
Jack Bros. (awesome)
Mario Clash (ok)
Mario Tennis (good)
Nester's Funky Bowling (godly)
Panic Bomber (good)
Red Alarm (good)
Teleroboxer (ok)
Vertical Force (meh)
Virtual Boy Wario Land (mega godly)

I had baseball but sold it, it is unplayable trash. Never tried Waterworld. Bought most of these at Blockbuster for 9.99.

In before lock, with an actual picture of my collection. I haven't actually played the thing in years and it currently just sits in a box in my closet, but I still have the damn thing. Poor Virtual Boy, it flew too close to the sun.

6slxdae.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom