• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS3 gamespot review 8.7

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I guess gamespot just wants teh HITZ!

PhatSaqs

Banned
Screw popcorn!

corona.jpg
AND
pizza1.jpg

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Mr Kasavin is at it again.

I said it in the Halo 2 thread

He's not biased, he's just a JERK.

MOD EDIT: Previous term isn't acceptable language.

snapty00

Banned
"bzzzz, Come in, Alpha! Alpha, come in! bzzzz"

"bzzz, Alpha here! What is it, Bravo?! bzzz"

"bzzz Alpha! Ahhh! We have bomb-bomb!!!! bzzzzzzzzzzzz"

"bzzz Bravo? Bravo?! Bravooooooooooo!"

Triumph

Banned
HAha. The Kojima backlash is in full effect and I couldn't be happier. That's what you get for making us think MGS2 was good, you bastard! Take this 8.7 and shove it!

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Fifa Soccer 2005 = NASCAR 2005: Chase for the Cup > Katamari Damacy = Def Jam: Fight for NY = Metal Gear Solid 3

:lol

Sean

Banned
GameSpot seems to be getting a lot tougher on reviews lately. All of their recent reviews (HL2, Halo2, MP2, MGS3) seem to be lower then most expected.

Willco

Hollywood Square
IGN gave Black & White the highest score ever given to a PC game until Half-Life 2.

GameSpot > IGN.

SomeDude said:
Greg also reviewed MGS 2. He gave that a 9.6

Which means its back down to MGS1 range which recieved a 8.5 from then (I think it originally recieved a 8.1 but then they got bitched at and changed it to a 8.5).

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
It's actually a very good review, although I was of course hoping the score would be higher. If you read the whole thing, it becomes obvious that this was not scored to what fans of the game would give it, but what a regular gamer would give it, perhaps. Even if you read the conclusion it's almost spelled out there.

Metal Gear Solid has always aspired to be more than just an action adventure game. The series has pushed the envelope in terms of storytelling through the video game medium, and it's also concocted some downright postmodern plot twists that are about as thought-provoking as games get. Yet these types of things have come at the expense of pure gameplay, which sometimes takes a backseat to the story and to the high concept. All this continues to be true of Metal Gear Solid 3, which contains more than a few moments that are worth the price of admission all by themselves, and which offers a free-form gameplay experience that can be seen as either a polite formality or a sandbox in which you and your imagination can run wild. At any rate, times have changed since Metal Gear Solid's last major outing, which is why some of the game's imperfections are harder to swallow today than they were in years past. Nevertheless, this is still a great achievement, one that fans of the series will love and vividly remember long after most of 2004's other games are forgotten.

But hey - it's still better than what they gave to MGS1 (8.5!) ;)

Razoric

Banned
People should read the review... it sounds like a fucking 10 if your an MGS fan.

And I agree GS has been spot on, they gave GTA:SA a 9.6. :)

Solid

Woah, what a shocker... NOT!

Kasavin is a turd. I'm glad I joined IGN Insider instead of lame Flamespot Bombplete.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
It's not a great-great score, but not exactly a bad one either. After reading the review, which seems reasonable, it matches my expectations with some minor differences. It would take a LOT more to scare me away. :)

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
People should read the review... it sounds like a fucking 10 if your an MGS fan.
Yep

and

After reading that review, it's obvious this game is pure fan-service.

Bring it on.
Yep :)

IGN gave Black & White the highest score ever given to a PC game until Half-Life 2.
Bring on the list of stupid scores!

They gave Ico an 8.5, which is one thing I WILL NEVER forgive them!!
(joking, of course)

SantaC

thorns said:
Burnout 3 > Halo 2 > Half-life 2 > MP2 > MGS 3
GS is on a roll lately.

GTA:SA > Burnout 3 > Halo2 > Riddick > Half-life 2 > Paper Mario 2 > MP2 > Mario Tennis > Tales of Symphonia > MGS 3

:lol

Top Bottom