• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Defend Your Castle(WiiWare) screens! Actually looks better than the free flash game!

This was posted in that other thread but that I think this game deserve it's own thread because it will more than likely get overlooked because of the other thread's title.

Thanks to Toy Soldier and bafflewaffle for providing the pictures in the other thread.

If you want basic gameplay details, here is the link to the free flash game: http://www.xgenstudios.com/play/castle

Game details from that banned Nintendo site:

* 4 Player jump-in cooperative gameplay - Defend your Castle with up to 3 pals!
* Compete with your friends for kingship - Get crowned for dominating other players and earn the right to manage the Kingdom!
* Completely new visuals and animation - “The graphics now have more style, colour and life to them, as if they were drawn by a three year-old hyped up on sugar with unlimited supplies of Crayola.” - N-Europe
* Enhanced physics & particle effects
* Repel even faster and more massive waves of invaders
* Not a port of the original - Defend Your Castle has been re-created from the ground up to utilize the unique capabilities of the Nintendo Wii™ and Wii Remote™
* Unlimited levels - Continue to grow the strength of your Kingdom indefinitely
* Play on your big screen TV, from your couch!
* All this and more for only 500 Wii Points™
334kadt.jpg

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

screen4.jpg

screen5.jpg

bryehn

Has better art style and graphics than most of the Wii games I've played. Not joking.

The sense of humour looks cool too, though they may get calls from Hasbro and Texas instruments :p

TomServo

bryehn said:
Has better art style and graphics than most of the Wii games I've played. Not joking.

Sad but true.

Looks interesting. For $5 I'll give it a shot. Are there any details on demos for WiiWare games a la XBLA?

TomServo said:
Sad but true.

Looks interesting. For $5 I'll give it a shot. Are there any details on demos for WiiWare games a la XBLA?
No demos on WW but I provided a link for the free flash game. That should give you an idea on the gameplay of the WW release.

fernoca

TomServo said:
Sad but true.

I think it was confirmed that there won't be any demos; though it seems it mostly depends on the developer. Apparently, the reason being time and budget for each game.

Xeke

Banned
TomServo said:
Sad but true.

Uhh...It's a free flash game you can play online right now. But I'm still getting the Wiiware version because it looks awesome as hell.

TomServo

Xeke said:
Uhh...It's a free flash game you can play online right now.

Right, maybe I should have spaced out the question a bit more. I was just wondering if there was any news on demos for the entire channel, not just this one game.

fernoca said:
I think it was confirmed that there won't be any demos; though it seems it mostly depends on the developer. Apparently, the reason being time and budget for each game.

Thanks!

Xeke

Banned
I was worried that with Nintendo having like no barriers to entry that we would get lots of shit on Wiiware but so far everything is looking awesome.:D

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
I was just going to say that it has an awesome style, but then I saw "Helth" scrawled in crayon, and now I have to say that I'm probably going to buy this game.

Xeke said:
I was worried that with Nintendo having like no barriers to entry that we would get lots of shit on Wiiware but so far everything is looking awesome.:D
Oh, we would get alot of shit but it seems like that minimum barrier is really letting the good ones-but poor in as well.

later

Xeke said:

Wait for the phoenix games wiiware announcement ;)

Jiggy

"the free flash game" should be replaced with "a large majority of Wii games." Yet again. I still can't figure out why WiiWare is shaping up so much more graphically beautiful than the actual retail games, but I'm certainly not complaining--easier access (download instead of having to go to a store), better visuals, and cheaper prices add up to making me pretty happy. :D And I'm fully in favor of the all-downloadable future in the first place, so anything that advances that is good in my own eyes.

Magique

For 500 point one could either buy this awesome-looking piece of software or an old and forgotten C64-game. Seriously, Nintendo needs to change those prices.

Top Bottom