• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread of Silly Screenshots (56kouch, Spoilers!)

Scribble

Didn't want it to clutter up the SPOILER thread, so I thought I may as well make a thread for all the crazy screenshots people take during gameplay.

Instructions:
1. Download the Brawl bin2jpeg software

There's also a web version compatible with OSX. As Firestorm perfectly put it: Save the output and host it yourself, his server cannot handle hotlinking and he will delete the pictures later!

Web version: http://xane.gamez-interactive.de/Brawl/Decrypter/

2. Extract all the files to the same directory as your Brawl .bin photos (Should be saved on your SD card)
3. Click the bin2jpgall batch file, which should convert them to JPG format
4. Upload the pictures to an image host of your choice (Except imageshack or any other GAF-banned hosts, if there are any) such as tinypic
5. Post!

Here are the ones I've taken:

Tingle checks out Wario
5v9nd.jpg

Tingle and Link
24e0zzp.jpg

Dual-Wielding Master Sword x LightSaber Link
10sg6sm.jpg

Linked
24cxqur.jpg

It'll take more than just a headstab to finish TP Ganon
24dfxo0.jpg

Link vs Link
rs94bd.jpg

Link has the upper hand
2zpm52p.jpg

Fire Emblem Past vs Present
33e7ga8.jpg

Past vs Present 2
35chngh.jpg

PK Rockin'
2s7b128.jpg

Sonic and Shadow
moraq.jpg

Shadow and Sonic
502wls.jpg

Super Wario Bros.
311s6rp.jpg

DragonBrawl Z
rtl1yx.jpg

=x
24kyy4l.jpg

Kings of Platforming
2wn1wl2.jpg

Spring Climbing
2z7pnc0.jpg

keanerie

Now, I dun know much about image fidelity and what not, but isn't there a lot of what you'd call "artifacting" here? Kudos to the OP for some quality screens though, I'm loving the WW Link ones, makes me want to go back and finish that game.

careksims

Oh noes, the more I look at Wind Waker Link, the more he reminds me of the elf dentist dude in Rudolph the Reindeer Claymation Special :lol

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
careksims said:
Oh noes, the more I look at Wind Waker Link, the more he reminds me of the elf dentist dude in Rudolph the Reindeer Claymation Special :lol
I'm pretty sure that was the inspiration for toon link since day 1.

Scribble

I have more. I know that they're a bit hit or miss, but I had fun taking them =X

No, you have it all wrong! It was just sex! Rosalina means nothing to me!

aw58xj.jpg

Luigi has trouble playing it straight, Mario is angry at his brother for mistreating Daisy:
35hlfg3.jpg

Roadkill
2504guu.jpg

Wario puts Pikachu in the Pokeball against his will
nn8ymd.jpg

Eh eh yo yo homeboyz Wario and Pikachu in da house
2chpaj5.jpg

123rl

Scribble said:
Wario puts Pikachu in the Pokeball against his will
nn8ymd.jpg

I lol'd at this one. So are these screen-grabs from the game, stored on an SD card, and then uploaded via a PC? Why is the aliasing so bad in some of them? From what I've seen of the game it looks quite smooth so I didn't expect it to look like that

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
These pics are awesome, keep em coming Scribble!

123rl said:
I lol'd at this one. So are these screen-grabs from the game, stored on an SD card, and then uploaded via a PC? Why is the aliasing so bad in some of them? From what I've seen of the game it looks quite smooth so I didn't expect it to look like that
I'm guessing thats what the game looks like when viewed at 480p.

epmode

There's no option to stretch the screenshots when running in widescreen? The aspect ratio on these is killing me.

edit: Yeah, just resize them to 16:9

I took a lot of pictures, but here's some of my best ones. I'll add more later as I really should be at work right now.

al_080301_00144binout.jpg

al_080301_00143binout.jpg

al_080301_0013binout.jpg

al_080301_00139binout.jpg

al_080301_00137binout.jpg

al_080301_00136binout.jpg

al_080301_00132binout.jpg

al_080301_00121binout.jpg

al_080301_0011binout.jpg

al_080301_00114binout.jpg

al_080301_00112binout.jpg

al_080301_00111binout.jpg

Snake vs. Dialga is one of my favorites. I originally took them in widescreen, should I have resized them? Some look kinda squished...

123rl said:

I think it has something to do with the picture converter. You have to use a third party tool to convert the SD pictures to PC pictures and I believe they're converted into JPG plus squished if you're playing in 16:9? That might have something to do with it.

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
El Pescado said:
Snake vs. Dialga is one of my favorites. I originally took them in widescreen, should I have resized them? Some look kinda squished...

Every single picture in this thread is squished. These need to be all 16:9'd.

Scribble

123rl said:

I know nearly nothing about the technical side of these things, but every screenshot I've seen that's converted to .JPG looks like these.

The game looks MUCH smoother on the actual television =X

El Pascado, yours look great.

The Ike one is funny, because it looks like he's thinking: "Did...I...just...slip...over...a...banana peel?"

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
fly high ~ayunite~ said:
Why do the screens look so ugly?

Are you out of your mind? Other than being squished, they're gorgeous.

El Pescado, Snake vs Meta Ridley and Snake vs Dialga are both friggin amazing.

Request for this thread: set your Wii's to 4:3 (if only to take screenshots.)

That squished stuff isn't poppin off.

anyway, from the other thread (spoilarzz thread):

falconzelda.jpg

brawl1.jpg

brawl4.jpg

brawl5.jpg

brawl6.jpg

brawl9.jpg

brawl010.jpg

brawl011.jpg

brawl013.jpg

Top Bottom